Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website for My Town

Options
  • 24-01-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello.

I'm looking into making an informative website about the town I live in. I'm thinking about adding bits of information such the history of the town, some photographs of historic places and other things like a directory of all the businesses, town events and other stuff.

So I was wondering what things should I look out for, like for example, if I was to add information about, let's say, a restaurant, would I need to contact the business owner and ask for their permission? Also, is it important to have a page for the Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy and all that stuff?

PS. Not sure if I posted this in the right section. Mods, feel free to move it. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Websites4u

Google uploaded half the books in the world to the Internet. If you are a nice guy, contact them. If it is free, and the website looks professional, i dont think they will complain, who doesnt want free advertising? I would say at this level TC, PP etc would not be needed. Take a look at what some other towns have done. You could probably find a generic TC template online!

Good luck with it!

Advertisement