Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neighbours affecting my electricity

Options
  • 24-01-2017 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I have noticed a few times that the neighbours on the adjoining wall, when they power off their shower our bathroom lights dip for a milliseconds. This doesn't sound proper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Smoggy wrote: »
    I have noticed a few times that the neighbours on the adjoining wall, when they power off their shower our bathroom lights dip for a milliseconds. This doesn't sound proper?

Happened in several flats/apartments I've lived in. Always considered it normal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

JayRoc wrote: »
    Happened in several flats/apartments I've lived in. Always considered it normal

Even in a terrace house? I assumed that the wiring would be completely separate to the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

house is individual but main line is not so will be affected by whatever each consumer draws. our home house used to do it everytime the nearest farmer ran his dairy

Advertisement