Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon Special Offers / Sales?

Options
  • 24-01-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I seem to remember Canyon running special offers on complete bikes during the Tour de France and around September in previous years.

Do they tend to offer any special offers / reductions on complete bikes any earlier in the year?

I feel that the answer is probably "No", but thought some of the experts on here might know better.

p.s. I know the Outlet has ongoing offers, but I'm hoping to avail of the Cycle to Work scheme, and therefore 1. I'm not sure if the bikes in the Outlet are considered new bikes for the purposes of the scheme, and 2. By the time my employer wends their way through their byzantine protocols, any bike I'm interested in buying from the Outlet will almost certainly be gone.

I'm interested in the Endurace Al 6, as it seems to be the most bike I can get for the money without going too much above the €1,000 limit (around €1,150 including delivery).

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

As with any retailer, they do sales at various times throughout the year. Couldn't tell you when though. They had some great deals on some stuff before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Thanks, Weepsie

I'll keep an eye out on Canyon in case they have any offers.

All the bike shops I've asked in Dublin have said they won't be having any reductions until around September.

My employer's bike to work closed in November, and they haven't opened it for this year yet, so I missed out on a couple of bikes I quite fancied earlier this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

they start reducing prices in late summer to clear the stock from the current year.

I bought an Ultimate CF SLX from them a couple of years ago. The delivery date got pushed out by a month and, by the time it arrived, 2 weeks later they'd knocked 300 euro off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Have a look on their outlet page.

The sizes are a bit hit n miss generally s or L but they're generally built and ready to ship if you see the right one.

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/factory-outlet/

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/factory-outlet/#category=road-bikes&id=21221

€1799 - €1399 84c16f9b9e6adb33b00d331b271fc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

yeah, Tour de France time is the sale time. i got a Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 ultegra for 2800 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Thanks everyone,

Yes, some nice bikes show up on the Outlet, but good ones in Medium at my price range seem to be snapped up quickly, and by the time I go through Bike to Work with my employer they are gone.

Same applies to the late summer reductions too I suppose, but probably more likely to have more than one in stock in my size. I'll have to wait and see.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thanks everyone,

Yes, some nice bikes show up on the Outlet, but good ones in Medium at my price range seem to be snapped up quickly, and by the time I go through Bike to Work with my employer they are gone.

Same applies to the late summer reductions too I suppose, but probably more likely to have more than one in stock in my size. I'll have to wait and see.

Cheers

You don't have to pay right away as far as I know. I was held up when I picked up a bike from canyon I think they were waiting 3 weeks before money transferred bike waiting to ship.

I agree though it is rare to get one exactly in your size

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

From my limited experience while shopping for a bike late last year, I found that the sizes on special offer from Canyon were either very small or very large.

I was looking at the previous years models so obviously they were discounting the stuff that was ageing stock.

Advertisement