Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good alternative to Avast

Options
  • 24-01-2017 11:54pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping someone could recommend a good alternative product to Avast. I currently have the paid version, which expires in 10 days, but I don't think I want to renew.

It annoyed me with constant irritating pop-ups, and also caused my laptop to run very slowly on start up (then telling me my start up was slow and trying to get me to purchase a registry cleaner :rolleyes:)

If anyone could recommend a good alternative - either free or under €30 for the year - I'd be very grateful. I don't want to use AVG because it failed to stop a whole pile of viruses getting into my computer, but I'm not really familiar with the other software options out there.

Thanks!

Advertisement