Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi suddenly slow on my PC - works fine on all other devises

• 25-01-2017 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

In the last 24 hours my WIFI has suddenly gone very slow on my PC. It's working fine on all other devises in the house. We use a 3 Huawei 3G mobile broadband devise.

I've run an ESET scan on the PC to no avail as well as temporarily disabling the firewall.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

What's the operating system? Have you run any updates recently? Did you try to reboot the Huawei modem and run another test?

It might have been that the machine was downloading updates in the background. Could cause the connection to lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

Thanks me_irl

To answer your questions;

OS is Windows 7

Don't think so - didn't intend to

Yes
    me_irl wrote: »
    What's the operating system? Have you run any updates recently? Did you try to reboot the Huawei modem and run another test?

It might have been that the machine was downloading updates in the background. Could cause the connection to lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

This is still an issue for me!

I'm not terribly 'tech savvy' but, sitting in front of my pc my iPhone works perfectly using wifi yet my pic is painfully slow

Tried to google a solution but to no avail!

Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement