Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden fencing...

Options
  • 25-01-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hiya! I live in North Dublin.
    I have quite a long garden. One side of my garden, and the end of my garden, has nice high fencing.
    But, on the other side the neighbour took down the fence, and built a 4 & a half foot wall.
    I have no privacy on the walled side.
    The garden was like this when I moved in.

I would like to fence the side were there's the 4 & a half foot wall.

The fenced side of the garden is 9 fences long, and the fences are 5.8 foot by 5.8 foot.

There is a concrete lip at the ground of the fence making it nearly a foot higher.
    I'd really want the new fence to be at least 6 foot.

So, I'd need 9 fences (same size as above), plus poles, and labour.

I'm not sure if it would be easier to sit a fence on top of the wall, or to fit full size fence in front of the wall.
    I'd go for whichever option is cheaper...

So, would anyone have any idea how much it would cost to buy 9 fences, plus posts, and have them fitted?

I've seen fences, and posts on Woodies, so I can work out how much 9 fences/posts will cost.
    But, I've no idea how much labour would cost.

Can anyone help?

Thank-you!

Advertisement