Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennio Morricone - 3 Arena 23 Sep 2017

Options
  • 25-01-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Is anyone trying to get tickets in the 3 presale this morning? I have been on since 9 and it has said that none are available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Didn't know he was back again. Ennio must really love performing in Ireland.
    Maybe it's the nice prices for which we are willing to part with our money.

Saw the 3Arena show 2 years ago. I enjoyed it but wouldn't consider going to see the same thing again. Or was the show last year different?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is anyone trying to get tickets in the 3 presale this morning? I have been on since 9 and it has said that none are available.

Yeah just checked there and am being offered row 16 of Block E. €171 a ticket even there. Ouch. Going to wait for public sale and try get flat seating for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Radioheader

Yeah just checked there and am being offered row 16 of Block E. €171 a ticket even there. Ouch. Going to wait for public sale and try get flat seating for that price.

Yeah not cheap, but I am a huge fan. Considered waiting for Friday as well for the flat seating but just bit the bullet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

171 quid?!

589c6cbe2f03e4b18dfd05898b8b79cb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Yeah not cheap, but I am a huge fan. Considered waiting for Friday as well for the flat seating but just bit the bullet now.

You may have made the right decision.

You might have a better overall view of the musicians and the choir, from the tiered seating areas, than from the flat seated area.

• Advertisement

You may have made the right decision.

You might have a better overall view of the musicians and the choir, from the tiered seating areas, than from the flat seated area.

I sat in the tiered seating the last time I saw him and was around 10ish rows up and the view was pretty good alright. Plus the 3Arena has fantastic acoustics so it sounds brilliant no matter where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shadow7ml

This won't sell out surely ? Or am I underestimating it, I can only afford the 86 euro ones, College student who has always wanted to see him, is it as unmissable as i think, considering its his last show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

How much were the tickets for his previous performance?

Passenger wrote: »
    How much were the tickets for his previous performance?

Same ballpark if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

shadow7ml wrote: »
    , is it as unmissable as i think, considering its his last show ?

Last show or not it's well worth getting the money together for if you can. There must have been 50 people in the choir alone. Some sound.

My dad got us tickets last time. He hasn't stopped talking about it since. He was really moved by it. He's 68 and growing up a young boy watching the old westerns, this brought back fond memories. I was listening to ennio morricone myself for weeks after, still do. Fantastic stuff.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I sat in the tiered seating the last time I saw him and was around 10ish rows up and the view was pretty good alright. Plus the 3Arena has fantastic acoustics so it sounds brilliant no matter where you are.

Really? I found it quite echoey when I saw the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers performed there with a live orchestra.

Maybe it was a combination of the setup and where I was sitting (fairly central).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bought 2 tickets for it there. It must be 15 years since I've been to a gig up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Front row flat seating tickets were released today and are still available at €171:eek:

Peter File wrote: »
    Front row flat seating tickets were released today and are still available at €171:eek:

I think that'd be far too close, considering the amount of people that will be on stage.

I think your view of many of the musicians, and singers in the choir. would be restricted, if you are on the front row of the flat seating block?

What do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

I think that'd be far too close, considering the amount of people that will be on stage.

I think your view of many of the musicians and singers in the choir would be restricted, if you are on the front row of the flat seating block?

What do you reckon?
    I think so too.
    I would prefer to be in the tiered seating to get a full view of all the activity on stage.

Finalising arrangements for tomorrow. Can I park up there? I haven't been to a gig up there in 10 years.

You're better off prepurchasing a car park ticket on ticketmaster for the show.

Sometimes the car park is 'full' early with standard entries and prepay entries.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/point-village-car-park-ticket-dublin-09-23-2017/event/18005191C7F27B64?artistid=1453681&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=0

beertons wrote: »
    Finalising arrangements for tomorrow. Can I park up there? I haven't been to a gig up there in 10 years.

Getting the Luas to and from the 3 Arena is another option.

There are Luas trams waiting after every event in the 3 Arena, and if you miss these, you won't be waiting that long for the next scheduled service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

If I was driving I'd leave the car in Red Cow or Cheeverstown Park and ride and get the Luas in.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    If I was driving I'd leave the car in Red Cow or Cheeverstown Park and ride and get the Luas in.

Big cow so. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

I thought this was an amazing performance , really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

I thought he would have played more from the spaghettis.

Amazing.

Had to sell my tickets as unfortunately my dad isn't well and we had to cancel.

To anyone who has been to see him before in the 3Arena, was last night's show similar enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Had to sell my tickets as unfortunately my dad isn't well and we had to cancel.

To anyone who has been to see him before in the 3Arena, was last night's show similar enough?

Ennio Morricone is supposed an anagram for Electric Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Ennio Morricone is supposed an anagram for Electric Picnic.

What...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What...

Came to me in a vision.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I thought this was an amazing performance , really enjoyed it

Me too. The time flew. Some great pieces played.

Advertisement