Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancel cheque

Options
  • 25-01-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi!
    How do i cancel a cheque from my account? Can I do this online on 365 or do i have to go in? I couldnt find anything on the help page

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon ElinL, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here. 

In order to cancel a cheque please call Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be more than happy to assist you with this. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭second74

Hi

I am trying to contact bank of ireland to cancel a cheque, have tried 0818365365, but there is no option for cancelling cheque, please help urgent

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ElinL

I found tweeting effective, not sure if you'll get a response on a Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

You can stop a cheque one business day after it has appeared in your account, so don't panic. Only exception to this rule is if the cheque is cashed, but that happens less frequently now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

second74 wrote: »
    Hi

I am trying to contact bank of ireland to cancel a cheque, have tried 0818365365, but there is no option for cancelling cheque, please help urgent

Hi second74, thanks for getting in touch.

To cancel this cheque, please call 0818 365 365 (+3531 4044000 from abroad). It's important that you call as soon as possible to make sure that the cheque is cancelled before it's debited from your account.

When you call that number please select option 1 for account queries, followed by the * key on your phone when prompted. You can then choose option 4 (for all other queries) and you'll be transferred to one of our advisers.

The adviser will need to take the details of the cheque and they can arrange to cancel the cheque once it hasn't been debited yet.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Advertisement
Advertisement