Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Done with Claptons

Options
  • 25-01-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

I was vaping Re-juiced "The King's Peach" in my OBS Engine but wasn't feeling the love, so with half a tank left I swapped out the 2 x 5 wrap of twisted claptons (2.3ohms) for 2 x 9 wraps of 24 gauge SS (2.5ohms)...man, what a difference!!! it's like a totally different liquid.... SS & Kanthal from here on in for me.... going to try some 20 gauge Kanthal wraps and see how the flavour is with the thicker wire...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I decided that a while back. Claptons are spitty and despite what some say, don't enhance flavour. I only use SS and kanthal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nobodys_hero

And I just ordered 10m of clapton wire. Ah well, at least I have 50m of SS coming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

I decided that a while back. Claptons are spitty and despite what some say, don't enhance flavour. I only use SS and kanthal.

What gauges are you using?? I started off with "26 gauge Kanthal, but might try "20 gauge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

kingaaa wrote: »
    What gauges are you using?? I started off with "26 gauge Kanthal, but might try "20 gauge

26g Kanthal usually, I have some 28 too but hardly use it, too thin. Never tried anything thicker. The SS wire I have is 25g 317L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

26g Kanthal usually, I have some 28 too but hardly use it, too thin. Never tried anything thicker. The SS wire I have is 25g 317L

yeah...I'm using 24 316L myself....interested to hear from anyone using thicker SS or Kanthal.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

24 SS 316L is basically all I will ever use again. Before that I was permanently on 22 gauge kanthal but the SS is definitely better.

I always have spaced wraps and the SS gets super low resistance it's just a winner all round. It can't be done with kanthal but it served me well. I think anything lower than 24 SS would be too low resistance. 24 just seems like the perfect balance all round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I love Claptons.

Advertisement