Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on areas for buying property in Kildare

Options
  • 25-01-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Saw property for sale in Ashgrove, Derrinturn and Derby Lodge, Curragh. Can anybody advise on suitability of area? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

I've no idea about these places but if you want meaningful replies, you may want to give a bit more info.
    Any place would be suitable depending on what is important for you.

Family with children ? Need for primary/secondary school ? Specific commute destination ? Amenities that would be important for you ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sorry. Neither are nice areas which is reflected in the price of the properties. Kinnegad is not bad if you can stand the commute. Neither is Enfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Darith

Plopli wrote: »
    I've no idea about these places but if you want meaningful replies, you may want to give a bit more info.
    Any place would be suitable depending on what is important for you.

Family with children ? Need for primary/secondary school ? Specific commute destination ? Amenities that would be important for you ?
    Thanks for the update. It would be just for myself. My primary concern would be anti social behavior to a challenging level. I am fairly tolerant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Klinger

Stay away from Ashgrove. I wouldn't board my dog there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Delacent

Of the three Derby Lodge would be best - used to be quite rough, but most of the younger people have grown up and recent new quality developments around Brownstown have lifted the area.

You best bet of checking an area out is to drop into the local pub and watch a match on a couple of occasions - that will give you a way of checking the "vibe" of an area.

Other advantage is its very close to both Kildare Town and Newbridge.

I'd probably look for one of the first floor apartments - from what I know they are all own door and quite spacious at about 700 sq ft.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Lucy21

Klinger wrote: »
    Stay away from Ashgrove. I wouldn't board my dog there.

Yes absolutely agree with you there - horrible horrible horrible place - only last night the bomb squad was out there. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Darith

Carbury PArk in Athy?

Advertisement