Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Extreme Install

Options
  • 25-01-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi

I have signed for Eir Extreme Broadband and have a scheduled install for 31st January. I currently dont have a telephone line and have had Net1 Wireless as my service provider for the last few years. Just a simple question on the install. I assume they will be taking a cable from the pole at the front of my house. Can someone tell me what type of cable it is as I will want to decide where this enters the house. I dont have any attic space so it cant just come in anywhere...! Also does anyone know roughly how long the install takes...???

Thanks

Rats

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ratsam wrote: »
    Hi

I have signed for Eir Extreme Broadband and have a scheduled install for 31st January. I currently dont have a telephone line and have had Net1 Wireless as my service provider for the last few years. Just a simple question on the install. I assume they will be taking a cable from the pole at the front of my house. Can someone tell me what type of cable it is as I will want to decide where this enters the house. I dont have any attic space so it cant just come in anywhere...! Also does anyone know roughly how long the install takes...???

Thanks

Rats
    Hi  ratsam,

Thanks for getting in touch.:)

Installation will be carried out using existing overhead wires or underground cabling. Underground installations will not require any digging at your home. When the technician visits your home he will be able to advise in greater detail. Unfortunately we would be unable to advise from here as the installation will depend on the site layout. 

Installations will take place during working hours and will take approximately 3 hours. If you are also ordering TV, this will increase the installation time. 

If you have any further queries please do let me know.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Hi  ratsam,

Thanks for getting in touch.:)

Installation will be carried out using existing overhead wires or underground cabling.

Thanks,
    Pamela 
    They will not be using existing cables as it is eir extreme, this is ftth. so a fibre cable will have to be brought into the house from the fibre splice box on the pole or from a manhole near the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Thanks for the replies. The install has been brought forward to tomorrow so any preparations I was going to do have been scuppered... haha. I dont mind to be honest as I'm looking forward to finally having decent broadband.

Yeah I understand they cant use existing cables (I dont have any) but I was just going to drill a hole in the masonry wall big enough and exactly where I want it...!

Thanks again

Rats

Thanks for the replies. The install has been brought forward to tomorrow so any preparations I was going to do have been scuppered... haha. I dont mind to be honest as I'm looking forward to finally having decent broadband.

Yeah I understand they cant use existing cables (I dont have any) but I was just going to drill a hole in the masonry wall big enough and exactly where I want it...!

Thanks again

Rats
    No problem at all  ratsam, let me know how it goes.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Its didnt happen. Fella arrived on time etc etc but the box on the pole outside my house had problems and the install couldn't happen. Shame as my wife happened to be finished work early. Hopefully it'll be sorted this week.

• Advertisement

Its didnt happen. Fella arrived on time etc etc but the box on the pole outside my house had problems and the install couldn't happen. Shame as my wife happened to be finished work early. Hopefully it'll be sorted this week.
    No problem  ratsam, thanks for the update. If you need any assistance please do let me know.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement