Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MISSING CHILD, CLONTARF AREA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'm seeing on Twitter that he's been found safe and well, but I have no verification of that.

https://twitter.com/AudreyCarville/status/824277384069255168

In situations like this it is always best to call the gardaí if you have information, rather than "random" numbers shared online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Was the AMBER alert system not activated for this? First I am hearing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

TallGlass wrote: »
    Was the AMBER alert system not activated for this? First I am hearing of it.

I started seeing it on social media about 30 minutes ago. It's possible that he wasn't noticed as missing until school finished. Not sure what policies schools have these days - if a kid is out sick, does the school automatically call the parents first thing in the morning? When I was a kid you just turned up at school again with a sick note when you were well again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Thoie wrote: »
    I started seeing it on social media about 30 minutes ago. It's possible that he wasn't noticed as missing until school finished. Not sure what policies schools have these days - if a kid is out sick, does the school automatically call the parents first thing in the morning? When I was a kid you just turned up at school again with a sick note when you were well again.

I am guessing it depends when the school bag was found, was a genuine question about the AMBER alert system. As for contact numbers, just call 999, you'll be put onto AGS dispatch which is the same thing.

Hope he has been found safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Greenlanes FB update says he has been found safe and well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement