Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size mountain bike

Options
  • 25-01-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi

Im buying a focus black forest pro 29er. Im 6ft. Just wondering what size would be recommended.

If you are experiences with mountain bike sizes all advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'm 5'11" (181cm) and I have an XL 21" MTB. it's a perfect size for me as I have long legs (33" inside leg) I have a 60mm stem on it which reduces the reach a little.

I'd say at 6ft you should aim for at least a 20" frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

You need a size "L" (52cm) in the Focus... though try a size M/47 in the shop before you buy if possible, Focus tend to size up when it comes to frame geometry..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

Depending on type of riding, I would go for a larger frame than recommended. You can then compensate with the handlebar width and stem and moving saddle if required. Shorter stem and wider bars help with handling a lot. Perhaps also worth considering 27.5 wheels as an option as normally you get more suspension travel with these than 29's, but then again, depends on type of riding...

Advertisement