Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Bill €5000!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

infogiver wrote: »
    All rental properties now should have pre pay meters.
    All electric/gas accounts should be put in the name of the tenant(s) on the date of moving in.
    It dispenses with all this angst.
    If landlords don't put in pre pay meters change over the account and get stuck with a big bill I've no sympathy for them.
    FYP

It's requires a meter reading and a phone call. How hard can that be :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    FYP

It's requires a meter reading and a phone call. How hard can that be :confused:

In my defence, I deal primarily with tenants who would find money management very difficult and are glad to spend a bit more on their electricity with a pre paid meter if it means they don't have to face a crisis with every bill.
    I know that to people who budget and save that this sounds preposterous, but there's a whole section of society out there who cant think past an hour from now.
    Pre paid meters have literally bullied them into having to, firstly turning off lights and immersions and ovens and plugging out chargers and TVs and laptops and secondly forced them to choose between having electricity over the weekend or getting a Chinese.

Advertisement