Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do cheque books go out of date?

• 25-01-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I write cheques very sparingly, maybe once or twice a year so I still have my cheque book that I got in 2008! 

So it may sound like an odd question but do cheque books ever go out of date? My account details are the same, account number, branch sort code etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Only if they have a £ sign on them...... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,

I write cheques very sparingly, maybe once or twice a year so I still have my cheque book that I got in 2008! 

So it may sound like an odd question but do cheque books ever go out of date? My account details are the same, account number, branch sort code etc...
    Good Afternoon Champ, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us again. 

As exaisle correctly posted there is no expiration date on a cheque book once the currency is in Euro. An individual cheque has an expiry period of 6 months once written. 

I hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else. 

Elaine  

Advertisement