Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky dropping eurosport?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

bazermc wrote: »
    Oh good Point, if I cancel my Sky for Virgin to get Eurosport then I'll miss game of thrones.

Now TV will do it, basically SKY over broadband for about a tenner a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

I have BT TV (not sure you have it in Ireland) and it carries Eurosport in HD and all discovery channels....nealry went with SKY ...so lucky I didnt

It is possible SKY will expand the BIKE channel coverge as
    1. Cant see them not showing a team they support in the Tour
    2. The BIKE channel is not a freeview ...it is on Freesat so you need a dish to pcik it up free or its on SKY and Virgin only. Seems the logical competition for Eurosport cycling

3. ITV4 show the Tour live and highlights in the evening . Also highlights of the Vuelta and could do the Giro this year

Game of thrones box set costs £23 appro per series
    I buy the box set and stay with BT

Eurosport player used ot have the full race coverage available for days after broadcast . Not sure they still have as don't subscribe now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I think BIKE will start to have more races on. They showed a few non-UCI CX races this year. It's not even the Tour I'm worried about. You'd pick that up in a few places, but I want to see all the classics and smaller races, as well as the Vuelta and Giro. And I'd miss Carlton!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mcdonrob

Malari wrote: »
    ....And I'd miss Carlton!!

and Classement Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Inquitus wrote: »
    No, Virgin Media offer Eurosport 1&2 in HD.

Vodafone offer Eurosport too, so the SKY rep was certainly bending the truth a little.
    Not sure what the Vodafone rates are, but they do an eir sport and BT sport option (excluding Sky Sports) and I assume eurosport would be in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Melodeon

1bryan wrote: »

And every one of those alternative ways of watching the channel involve either a cable connection of some sort or decent broadband.
    Neither of which is available where I am :mad:

I'm gonna miss the Carlton & Sean Show, with background bicycle racing. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Eurosport player was just over €20 for a year a couple of weeks ago apparently. If they did something like that again they'd get a lot of subscribers.

According to HUKD it still is until today: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/eurosport-player-12-month-pass-19-99-2603113. I only get the 59.99 option.

Been on to Eurosport. UK only. I might try it with a VPN later

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

apparently there is a last minute deal in the works. your dose of kirby and kelly might be delivered yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mossym wrote: »
    apparently there is a last minute deal in the works. your dose of kirby and kelly might be delivered yet

They're just doing the calculation...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

mossym wrote: »

Of course it will...Relax..deal is on the way, and so is the subscription increase. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

deal done. Sky keep Eurosport

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Weepsie wrote: »
    Eurosport player was just over €20 for a year a couple of weeks ago apparently. If they did something like that again they'd get a lot of subscribers.

According to HUKD it still is until today: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/eurosport-player-12-month-pass-19-99-2603113. I only get the 59.99 option.

Been on to Eurosport. UK only. I might try it with a VPN later

I just signed up for Eurosport Player for 19.99 sterling for the year.
    Using Firefox and the addon anonymoX, go to the Eurosport Player UK site and you will have the option to subscribe at the special price of 19.99, today is the last day for this offer.

I then logged in using my Irish ip address and the player works great !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Ah well. To late for me. Already cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Is that for sure? How do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Seen that on sticky bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

fat bloke wrote: »
    Is that for sure? How do you know?

Big thread on it on Boards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maybe it's all just publicity. Discovery had a full 2 page advert on the back of the guardian today about how its channels are unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

So now that's sorted what's the first race eurosport are covering?

• Advertisement

So now that's sorted what's the first race eurosport are covering?

They're showing the Tour of Dubai at the moment aren't they? Or maybe it's Qatar. It was in today's player listings

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭perrier

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

http://www.sky.com/discoveringmore

Although elsewhere on the site they say the channels will be gone!

They probably haven't got their site updated completely yet but could anyone tell me what basic package includes eurosport?

Web says the variety pack but sky site currently doesn't list eurosport as included

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I get Eurosport on the basic Sky package - no sports or movie subscriptions but I do have the HD sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

fat bloke wrote: »
    They probably haven't got their site updated completely yet but could anyone tell me what basic package includes eurosport?

Web says the variety pack but sky site currently doesn't list eurosport as included

No eurosport on the basic package, only on the variety package. :-( (but that's without HD in my case)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Surely the problem with that downfall clip is that German eurosport is free to air isn't it.

Talk about falling at the first hurdle. I sat down to ring sky and join up. Couldn't find a phone number for ages, and then realised it was a premium call number, with loads of complaints on the web about being on hold for 10 minutes and then getting cut off.

So - their idea is that you have to pay per minute to become a customer?

Good luck to that sez I. Rang Virgin for free and they offered me a decent discount so I just went with that. Job done. In fairness to Virgin, it's a good consistent service and the broadband is properly quick. The Eir (com) connection via Sky is another thing that would scare me off em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

got my call back today, they offered me what i had at the moment for 29.00, the price on my last bill, i said no

Advertisement