Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancelling membership with Energie Fitness?

• 25-01-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am 5 months into a contract with my local Energie Fitness gym.

My salary has been reduced and I just can't afford the monthly fee anymore all luxuries are out the window.

I have emailed them and asked can I cancel after the 6 months, just wondering what happens if you just cancel the dd mandate?

Can it affect my credit rating or could I end up in court?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Bump. Just for my own curiosity.

I wonder could having a pay cut frustrate the contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doyler55

I couldn't imagine something like cancelling a gym membership would effect your credit rating. If I was you I'd just cancel the direct debit and for get about it I'm sure you have more to worry about now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Got onto them I can cancel after 6 months so signed the forms with them today, I would love to not have to pay the extra two months but the last thing I want is hassle.

There's no way I'd pay it but that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

doyler55 wrote: »

Ah I am too honest for my own good!

• Advertisement

The likes of a gym membership wouldn't bother me. Eaircom where hounding me for about 2 years over an unpaid bill of around €280 after ringing my mobile probably a 1000 times and sending me out god knows how many letters they finally got the hint.

They threaten you with court but I don't think it ever comes to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

doyler55 wrote: »

Agreed. It's only a gym membership, you have to look after yourself

Advertisement