Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meal near Beaumont hospital.

Options
  • 25-01-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm heading up to Beaumont hospital tomorrow around half two. Does anyone know a good place to get a decent lunch or dinner nearby?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Woodmill cafe behind the Maxol garage on Kilmore road does nice food.

I think The Goblet on the Malahide road would also be doing lunch at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Beaumont House pub do a decent carvery

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I was scratching my head here and all I could think of are the offerings above. I'm from the area originally, but isn't it just dreadful and a symptom of really bad planning, that apart from a couple of pubs that might be selling food, there isn't one decent cafe or restaurant around? I can't speak for the Woodmill Cafe but it doesn't look like much from outside and the setting is a bit grim, behind a garage in an industrial estate.
    The vast swathes of terrace and semi-d houses really don't do us any favours...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

I was afraid that there wouldn't be a great choice. Was really hoping to treat the family to a good meal after all the help they have given me. Looks like the woodmill might be the best choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,196 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you are really stuck you could drive on up to Artaine Castle which has a few food places.

Update: That's only if you are starving and need something hot to eat... not recommending it for any kind of proper restaurant \ occasion level food!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

mickmac76 wrote: »
    I was afraid that there wouldn't be a great choice. Was really hoping to treat the family to a good meal after all the help they have given me. Looks like the woodmill might be the best choice.

Beaumont house be better for family meal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Camille Thai have recently opened up a branch on the Malahide Road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

cosmic wrote: »

It's a take away with a few stools.
    Also - Artane castle doesn't have a few food places, only Graham and O'Sullivan, which is really depressing. Type of place single men in their 70s who's wives have died would eat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Andersons is not too far away.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

cosmic wrote: »

if you want to travel a lil away from beaumont theres a chinese beside that camille aswell and eddie rockets and some asian place up in omni centre beside the cinema

• Advertisement
Advertisement