Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application to build a Lidl in Douglas village

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Where else would they hug? Should they built between Fermoy and Mitchelstown, to make travel more difficult for people? Don’t be so stupid.

And yes, you are being small minded, pathetic and juvenile.
    You appear to have a grudge, and it’s showing constantly.

Kub is correct. Traffic management in the area is the responsibility of both TII and Cork Co Co. there are only 2 entrance/exit points into Little Ialand. It’s an awful setup considering it has the largest concentration of industrial activity, definitely outside of Dublin if not the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

kub wrote: »
    Is that all? Really though? I think that point has been discussed elsewhere.

I am actually laughing that you mentioned the word working in regard to the County Council.
    The word employed would be more appropriate there I feel as with all other local authorities.
    The word work might suggest people might get stressed or even break into a sweat, I cannot imagine too many local authority employees getting like that.

So your theory is incorrect, I am not employed by them neither have I any desire to be.

Good to have evoked a chuckle though, but i think we both know you dont work for County Council. City on the other hand though...

Theyre lambasting City Councils road management over in another thread, your silence is deafening. Consistent though in one respect, wholly inconsistent in another.

I note from that historic map you linked to that in actual fact Ballyphehane was within the City boundary and built.

Togher was only fields and in the County area, it is indicated that the red line was the proposed new City/ County boundary in 1965.

You will find that most of the housing in Togher was built after 1965.
    Therefore when that housing was complete it would have been within the new Cork City boundary.

Ballyphehane housing construction started in 1948. A lot of the roads are on tbe old 25" maps, Pre 1913. Maybe credit the Brits with your grid!

The NBA built Togher

Kub is correct. Traffic management in the area is the responsibility of both TII and Cork Co Co.

National primary road infrastructure is TII responsibility

National primary road infrastructure is TII responsibility

It is. And the R623 is the responsibility of Cork Co Co. So split responsibility.

Cork Co Co also have further responsibility to ensure adequate connection to Little Island via the old N25. TII if further links are added to the current N25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Where else would they hug? Should they built between Fermoy and Mitchelstown, to make travel more difficult for people? Don’t be so stupid.

No I won't be so stupid, I will leave that with yourself. Thank you anyway.

And yes, you are being small minded, pathetic and juvenile. You appear to have a grudge, and it’s showing constantly.

No I do not have a grudge, for a local authority that grants planning permission so willy nilly without any consideration for traffic and infrastructural considerations, they are very bad at it.
    That is a fact, not small minded, pathetic, juvenile and one does not need to have a grudge to call it as it is.

Good to have evoked a chuckle though, but i think we both know you dont work for County Council. City on the other hand though...

You might read my post again please, then attempt to reply again and even better, try not to assume anything because you are not too good at it.

Theyre lambasting City Councils road management over in another thread, your silence is deafening. Consistent though in one respect, wholly inconsistent in another.

The same way that it happened when Oliver Plunkett Street was pedestrainised. Let's watch that with interest.
    I am not going to comment in that thread until I have seen Patrick's Street for myself.
    I can criticise Cork County Council as I travel a lot and I, like a lot of others have to put up with their ridiculous planning decisions.

Ballyphehane housing construction started in 1948. A lot of the roads are on tbe old 25" maps, Pre 1913. Maybe credit the Brits with your grid!

The NBA built Togher

I did not mention anything about when the housing was started in Ballyphenane, I just commented on the map you kindly posted.
    As I said those houses were built on that 1965 map inside the red line which at the time was Cork Corporations area.

Oh and you might not realise this but the Brits designed some of the finest buildings in this country.

Does it matter who built Togher? The point was it was built in the 1970's after the boundary was moved out further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Kub is correct. Traffic management in the area is the responsibility of both TII and Cork Co Co. there are only 2 entrance/exit points into Little Ialand. It’s an awful setup considering it has the largest concentration of industrial activity, definitely outside of Dublin if not the country.
    And I'm not looking to defend them on that, not at all. They also need to manage their planning with a balance between job creation (difficult to turn down) and the traffic levels that are a result. Thankfully there are plans ahead to relive that pressure.
    But it's juvenile, and a continuing of the immaturity repeatedly shown, to suggest it's fact that they could only manage a boreen type road.

But it's juvenile, and a continuing of the immaturity repeatedly shown, to suggest it's fact that they could only manage a boreen type road.

No it's not juvenile, I drive a lot see. I get to be part of traffic jams and I find that the majority of them are in the County Council's area.
    Due, as I mentioned earlier, are a result of bad planning and an obvious lack of expertise.
    So I said, I drive a lot and I have yet to experience traffic issues on country borreen's, so it seems that in actual fact, they must be able to manage these roads.

• Advertisement

No it's not juvenile, I drive a lot see. I get to be part of traffic jams and I find that the majority of them are in the County Council's area.
    Due, as I mentioned earlier, are a result of bad planning and an obvious lack of expertise.
    So I said, I drive a lot and I have yet to experience traffic issues on country borreen's, so it seems that in actual fact, they must be able to manage these roads.
    A large number of us drive a lot. We get stuck in traffic. We not all juvenile about it for our own agenda.

You might read my post again please, then attempt to reply again and even better, try not to assume anything because you are not too good at it.

The same way that it happened when Oliver Plunkett Street was pedestrainised. Let's watch that with interest.
    I am not going to comment in that thread until I have seen Patrick's Street for myself.
    I can criticise Cork County Council as I travel a lot and I, like a lot of others have to put up with their ridiculous planning decisions.

Yea.
    The lady doth profess too much...

I get stuck in traffic in Dublin a lot, im not decrying the useless of the relevant local authority. Ditto Cork. Ditto Galway. Almost everywhere in ireland has traffic isues due to policies which prioritised cars.

Its not solely a Cork County issue (unless you just drive around Douglas a lot).

It is. And the R623 is the responsibility of Cork Co Co. So split responsibility.

Cork Co Co also have further responsibility to ensure adequate connection to Little Island via the old N25. TII if further links are added to the current N25.

A circle jerk developing here.

Junctions onto/off/over/under national primary roads are TII responsibility.
    County council has no remit on the N25.
    TII capital projects are decided on centrally.
    The council can do fcuk all about access onto it unless approved by TII.

A large number of us drive a lot. We get stuck in traffic. We not all juvenile about it for our own agenda.

Indeed we do, but we don't all resort to name calling other posters on public threads.

I get stuck in traffic in Dublin a lot, im not decrying the useless of the relevant local authority. Ditto Cork. Ditto Galway. Almost everywhere in ireland has traffic isues due to policies which prioritised cars.

Indeed yes plenty of other places have traffic issues, but the example of the recent objection by Cork City Council to the approval by the County Council of a large housing development in Glanmire perhaps demonstrates a different more realistic approach by the City Council.

Yea. The lady doth profess too much...

Again I see your incorrect assumptions are showing again.

Its not solely a Cork County issue (unless you just drive around Douglas a lot).

One does not only have to drive around Douglas to see the incompetence of the County Council.

Indeed we do, but we don't all resort to name calling other posters on public threads.
    Does "incompetence", "greed", only "excel at managing borreens"; not qualify for name calling?
    Juvenile is a reflection of your posts; I don't know you to say if that's your character.
    Or maybe I could just resort to saying it's a fact and plunge my head in the sand.

Junctions onto/off/over/under national primary roads are TII responsibility. County council has no remit on the N25. TII capital projects are decided on centrally. The council can do fcuk all about access onto it unless approved by TII.

A circle jerk developing here.

It was only in recent years that TII took over responsibility for National Roads

I can just imagine the lads in the traffic section in the City Council ringing their buddies in TII and asking them what are they after letting themselves in for inheriting things from Cork County Council.

Does "incompetence", "greed", only "excel at managing borreens"; not qualify for name calling?
    Juvenile is a reflection of your posts; I don't know you to say if that's your character.
    Or maybe I could just resort to saying it's a fact and plunge my head in the sand.

First of all the County Council is not an individual and neither is it a poster on this site, so i would appreciate it if you would not direct your vial at me.

Are you suggesting that I am sticking my head in the sand? Where I have mentioned the word Fact, you will see before it I have made a valid point.

First of all the County Council is not an individual and neither is it a poster on this site, so i would appreciate it if you would not direct your vial at me.
    County Council is full of individuals, and may be posters on this site.
    It’s still name calling; fact.
    I’d appreciate you not being so juvenile; but that hasn’t stopped.

Drove in the city last week, traffic chaos.
    Went down a quiet side street, no traffic.
    Therefore City Council are only good at managing small narrow quiet side streets and are in no position to manage urban planning. It’s a fact folks.

• Advertisement

County Council is full of individuals, and may be posters on this site.
    It’s still name calling; fact.
    I’d appreciate you not being so juvenile; but that hasn’t stopped.

I am done responding to your posts, they are getting boring.

Drove in the city last week, traffic chaos.
    Went down a quiet side street, no traffic.
    Therefore City Council are only good at managing small narrow quiet side streets and are in no position to manage urban planning. It’s a fact folks.

Its a fact folks :D:D:D, preaching for the gallery are you ?

Meanwhile the other side of your point:

https://twitter.com/frankgcrowley/status/982641079664160768

Oh and i am done with you now, I only saw your post which I have quoted after I finished my previous one.

Its a fact folks :D:D:D, preaching for the gallery are you ?

Meanwhile the other side of your point:

https://twitter.com/frankgcrowley/status/982641079664160768

Oh and i am done with you now, I only saw your post which I have quoted after I finished my previous one.
    Using your ‘fact’ logic seems to be problematic for you. Not surprised.

And as for the Twitter post, it isn’t the other side of my point, as I think it’s something worth trying (it’s in that thread twice if you’d managed some small bit of research).

So double failure on your part :D

It was only in recent years that TII took over responsibility for National Roads

I can just imagine the lads in the traffic section in the City Council ringing their buddies in TII and asking them what are they after letting themselves in for inheriting things from Cork County Council.

"Recent"?
    25 years ago...
    *facepalm

And more digs at the County.

Theres no need for the City lads to ring the TII, County engineers (along with City engineers) run a shared services via the NRO Regional Design office. Its the money thats the issue.

You're embarrassing yourself at this stage.

"Recent"?
    25 years ago...
    *facepalm

And more digs at the County.

Theres no need for the City lads to ring the TII, County engineers (along with City engineers) run a shared services via the NRO Regional Design office. Its the money thats the issue.

You're embarrassing yourself at this stage.

Technically TII has only existed for a few years.

Technically TII has only existed for a few years.

Oh dear.
    Arguing a technicality on behalf of kub to save face.

TII = NRA (Roads!) + RPA.

Local Authorities have had no responsibility on national primary routes capital investment in 25 years.
    This is the uncomfortable fact in your critique of Cork County Council and the mess that is little island traffic. They can do fcuk all about it. Its a TII decision.

They've been trying for motorway to Limerick, Ringaskiddy and Tralee as well. Traffic is dire in Carrigaline, Macroom, Charleville, Buttevant etc
    at times. You dont think they want to do something about it?

Oh dear.
    Arguing a technicality on behalf of kub to save face.

TII = NRA (Roads!) + RPA.

Local Authorities have had no responsibility on national primary routes capital investment in 25 years.
    This is the uncomfortable fact in your critique of Cork County Council and the mess that is little island traffic. They can do fcuk all about it. Its a TII decision.

They've been trying for motorway to Limerick, Ringaskiddy and Tralee as well. Traffic is dire in Carrigaline, Macroom, Charleville, Buttevant etc
    at times. You dont think they want to do something about it?

I’m sorry, but Cork County Council must have had significant input into planning on the N25 which has effectively separated Little Island from everywhere else. Do you honestly believe that Cork Co Co were not even consulted in this instance?

Why are you so pro Cork Co Co anyways. I’ve seen you battling on here with loads of non sensical arguement opposing the Cork City boundary extension.

I’m sorry, but Cork County Council must have had significant input into planning on the N25 which has effectively separated Little Island from everywhere else. Do you honestly believe that Cork Co Co were not even consulted in this instance?

Why are you so pro Cork Co Co anyways. I’ve seen you battling on here with loads of non sensical arguement opposing the Cork City boundary extension.

LI ( and Carrigakine) have both exploded last 15 years. Infrastructure is completely inadequate.
    TII has the purse strings, its their call.

I know good lads working with both LAs
    Ive worked on projects with both.
    I live in the City, have had private / community dealings with them.
    They're very different organisations. Sure both can fcuk something up spectacularly, and can distinguish themselves in other areas.

If criticism is due, and deserved, lash away. I wont defend the indefensible.
    But when criticism seems to be motivated by something, not quite shilling, but something, and the criticism is misplaced, and completely biased ill have a go.
    And sure them we just entrench in our views!

So what was nonsensecial about my expansion position? IIRC i was pro, but not full MacKinnon.
    Still dont thin Ballincollig should be in, but sure that horse has bolted.

Advertisement