Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

astradave wrote: »
    Looked the only player busting a gut to get the ball and make things happen in the first half anyways.. turned the other game on for the second half so can't comment on that

He was on the bench laughing when it was 10-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

is it ten 2 yet.......???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I find it hard to even take the piss after that. Arsenal are a great club, my favourite rival in the premier league era. I love to hate them.

Wenger just has to go now, like how can he possibly stay on after that?

Jayop wrote: »
    I find it hard to even take the piss after that. Arsenal are a great club, my favourite rival in the premier league era. I love to hate them.

Wenger just has to go now, like how can he possibly stay on after that?

i hope he signs a new 3 year contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

We should be looking to wipe the floor with arsenal after that. Absolute waste of a champions league place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

10-2 my god that's rough,

Also just seen the trailer on tv3 there, Gotta admit that power rangers movie looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He was on the bench laughing when it was 10-2

At a streaker on the pitch supposedly

Cue 'is Wenger a busted flush' thread by one of the Arsenal fans....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is that in question :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The one I'm most surprised at Petr Cech. Smiling and laughing with Neuer at full time. Now I know he wasn't playing but after watching his club get annihilated he shouldn't be so jubilant

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The one I'm most surprised at Petr Cech. Smiling and laughing with Neuer at full time. Now I know he wasn't playing but after watching his club get annihilated he shouldn't be so jubilant

cech was laughing with sanchez on the bench as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

All going to abandon that sinking ship

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

If we signed Greizman I reckon it would be Mata that dropped out of the side, with Greizman taking his spot on the right side of the attack. Rest of the team set up remaining the same.

Where would we play Mikateryan??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

At a streaker on the pitch supposedly

Not a hope the camera went to him a few times over the space at ten minutes and he had a grin on his face and covering his mouth talking to chech....

bangkok wrote: »
    cech was laughing with sanchez on the bench as well

At this

https://twitter.com/UberAFC/status/839226674722004993

I'll give it a go sure.........

Me only kidding......

#Prayforbrinty

jayo26 wrote: »
    Not a hope the camera went to him a few times over the space at ten minutes and he had a grin on his face and covering his mouth talking to chech....

Fair enough.. lads were saying that video doing the rounds on twitter is from the same time the streaker went on. Didn't see it myself so.. he's lost the dressing room a long time ago anyways I reckon.

did ozil touch the ball once when he came on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

did ozil touch the ball once when he came on?

Of all the embarrassing players that were on the pitch you immediately jump to Özil who played all of 15 mins?

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Of all the embarrassing players that were on the pitch you immediately jump to Özil who played all of 15 mins?

they were all useless, just wondering did he touch the ball??

happy to pick up his wages and go home. couldnt give a toss

Anyway here is what I'd have next year if we signed Griezman or a wide player.
    Screenshot_20170307_220345.png
    I don't know what he will do with defence so just put in a few players there.

Herrera would be ahead if Pogba in that team.

Robson99 wrote: »

Why? Pogba in my opinion offers more then ander going forward if he is played in the right position..

I love ander but he is limited attacking wise he is more of a battler.

The idea of a player like carvalho is to leave the other two midfielders create and score ahead.

The same 11 don't start every week the likes of mata and ander and rashford would still play plenty of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Think Bailly and Rojo should be first choice CBs next season. Hopefully Semedo or a new RB is signed too. Though I have noticed that Valencia been putting in a lot fewer crosses in recent games and think he has been using possession a lot better. I think he's been playing more withdrawn which has negatively affected the team's shape however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mate of mine (arsenal fan) posted this of FB.

Particularly sickening given the second photo.

• Advertisement

Why? Pogba in my opinion offers more then ander going forward if he is played in the right position..

I love ander but he is limited attacking wise he is more of a battler.

The idea of a player like carvalho is to leave the other two midfielders create and score ahead.

The same 11 don't start every week the likes of mata and ander and rashford would still play plenty of games.
    You seen last Saturday what we were like without Herrera to increase the tempo of our play. Forget about the price tag. Herrera and Mikateryan are our two best middle of the park players at the moment ahead of a defensive midfielder

You seen last Saturday what we were like without Herrera to increase the tempo of our play. Forget about the price tag. Herrera and Mikateryan are our two best middle of the park players at the moment ahead of a defensive midfielder

I dont agree I think Herrera brings way better defensive qualities but attacking wise pogba is way better even on an off season he has 7 goals and a few assists.

He played in a similar midfield at juve that's where he earned his name and we need to go back to that with him.

At the moment we are playing more of a 4231 because we don't have a defensive midfielder strong enough to play that role on his own.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The bigger issue is why he has all our players are wearing Arsenal shirts.............

I dont agree I think Herrera brings way better defensive qualities but attacking wise pogba is way better even on an off season he has 7 goals and a few assists.

He played in a similar midfield at juve that's where he earned his name and we need to go back to that with him.

At the moment we are playing more of a 4231 because we don't have a defensive midfielder strong enough to play that role on his own.
    Ya but there is a big difference between the Premier league and the Italian league IMO
    That team way too open playing against the top teams. Fair enough it should be good enough to win 10 home games in a season

Mkhitarayan centre mid.... And the **** I got for putting reus in there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ya but there is a big difference between the Premier league and the Italian league IMO
    That team way too open playing against the top teams. Fair enough it should be good enough to win 10 home games in a season

So he'll change for the big games.

Also, that midfield 3 would be more solid than Marchisio/Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba and that midfield 3 did quite well. A top team forces their opponents to play on their terms.

Where do city play Silva????

The bigger issue is why he has all our players are wearing Arsenal shirts.............

Its close enough for me, we 10-2 play in red as well

Its just for demo purposes haha him and Pogba floating behind Zlatan he be more of a 10.

Liam O wrote: »
    So he'll change for the big games.

Also, that midfield 3 would be more solid than Marchisio/Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba and that midfield 3 did quite well. A top team forces their opponents to play on their terms.

Exactly if you have a player like carvalho at the base of the midfield you dont need much defence from the other two against the majority of teams.

Well in that squad builder its hard to do the formation properly, Mkhi would be playing a lot more advanced, so you would have a DM, box to box(Pogba) and an AM who would stay higher up the pitch(Mkhi), the way we play with the trio is that Pogba does stay higher up the pitch while Herrera plays the box to box..

You didn't put Rues anywhere like that.. you clearly said Rues was a CM, not a AMC, a CM. big difference

Its close enough for me, we 10-2 play in red as well

Hahaha hahahaha haha I did actually laugh hard at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

jayo26 wrote:
    Hahaha hahahaha haha I did actually laugh hard at this.

Let's see if he credits where he got it from now 😂

Id like to credit Arsenal for helping change tend to to 10-2..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

This posting lineups doesn't really mean much, they need to be caveated with what kind of cover we have for the three/four lines.

• Advertisement

This posting lineups doesn't really mean much, they need to be caveated with what kind of cover we have for the three/four lines.

Nothing that's posted here means anything it's all irrelevant we are all only giving opinions and discussing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Nothing that's posted here means anything it's all irrelevant we are all only giving opinions and discussing?

Nah I mean judging the team for next season we won't have our best 11 most days. It's kinda like pods of players for groups of positions in my mind. Probably not that clear.

Like we'd have

Ibra martial rashford miki mata and griesmann for the forward 3 with Mata and miki covering the AMC role too (possibly mainly)

Pogba Herrera DM then cover the midfield with help from the two lads.

That's discounting Carrick, Fellaini and schweinsteiger.

We'd need another midfielder along with the DM

Nah I mean judging the team for next season we won't have our best 11 most days. It's kinda like pods of players for groups of positions in my mind. Probably not that clear.

Like we'd have

Ibra martial rashford miki mata and griesmann for the forward 3 with Mata and miki covering the AMC role too (possibly mainly)

Pogba Herrera DM then cover the midfield with help from the two lads.

That's discounting Carrick, Fellaini and schweinsteiger.

We'd need another midfielder along with the DM

Yeh I get that but people saying we couldn't fit pogba and Griezman onto same team its a way of showing we could. Obviously not every game is different and we would have a really strong squad to rotate players and positions.

Robbie Keane pl100 Club on Sky sports one now lads. Jesus you'd forget just how good he was in the league in the early years. Some sensational goals.

Well in that squad builder its hard to do the formation properly, Mkhi would be playing a lot more advanced, so you would have a DM, box to box(Pogba) and an AM who would stay higher up the pitch(Mkhi), the way we play with the trio is that Pogba does stay higher up the pitch while Herrera plays the box to box..

You didn't put Rues anywhere like that.. you clearly said Rues was a CM, not a AMC, a CM. big difference

I never said reus was a cm. I said he could play there and attack from cm. That is a story that has grown a lot of legs

I never said reus was a cm. I said he could play there and attack from cm. That is a story that has grown a lot of legs

You put him in a 2 Man midfield with Vidal.. with 3 attacking midfielders a striker ahead of them

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89047679&postcount=4410
    bangkok wrote:
    Man Utd Team to line up from next season.......... Discuss

De gea

Rafael Mangala Evans Shaw

Vidal Reus

Mata Rooney Januzaj

Costa

Subs:
    Lindegaard
    Smalling
    Fellaini
    Valencia
    Carrick
    Welbeck
    Powell

I mean Reus has probably never played there, he certainly hadn't at the time you posted that..

You were then asked "Reus in CM" you responded, yes he could link the defence and attack (what a CM does ;) ) and likened him to Paul Scholes

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89047751&postcount=4413
    bangkok wrote:
    yea more than capable of linking up play between defence and attack, a sort of paul scholes when he was 25, will be a very dynamic and new man utd team

You were called on it and then changed the narrative and that's why it's a running joke ever since

I personally at the time thought that you simply mixed up Kroos and Reus which is easy enough to do but you kept digging and digging..

You put him in a 2 Man midfield with Vidal.. with 3 attacking midfielders a striker ahead of them

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89047679&postcount=4410

I mean Reus has probably never played there, he certainly hadn't at the time you posted that..

You were then asked "Reus in CM" you responded, yes he could link the defence and attack (what a CM does ;) ) and likened him to Paul Scholes

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89047751&postcount=4413

You were called on it and then changed the narrative and that's why it's a running joke ever since

I personally at the time thought that you simply mixed up Kroos and Reus which is easy enough to do but you kept digging and digging..

But i said he could play there and be a good player there attacking from midfield. Is it any different to jayo's line up with mkhitarayan in midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know Arsenal are all the jokes at the minute, but they are still ahead us in league. When you put it that way its bit more depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Good story on the Rostov coach.....i think these ties could prove trickier than most think...

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3077063/miracle-worker-kurban-berdyev-a-tough-rival-for-jose-mourinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I know Arsenal are all the jokes at the minute, but they are still ahead us in league. When you put it that way its bit more depressing

I get your point, and I agree to an extent but...

the silver linings in all this Kew is that even though we are behind them, its quite obvious we are tougher to beat and in Jose's first season the transisiton in terms of personel and style of play has been positive. We've a trophy under our belt, still in Europe which gives us extra hope of being in the CL next season, a bigger transfer chest to spend in the summer and a support base thats behind the squad. There is no turmoil or bad juju at OT unlike there is in North London.

Also we got to play them still in the Emirates... and I much prefer to play them the end of this season the way they are as opposed to the way the played at the end of last season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement