Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

bangkok wrote: »
    But i said he could play there and be a good player there attacking from midfield. Is it any different to jayo's line up with mkhitarayan in midfield?

No not at all just fact everyone gathers he'd be ahead of both in the line up he meant, Even saying that he basically played on right side of a midfield 3 this season against blackburn I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

A point ahead with both of us out of the top 4 for now. Hardly much to crow about between either of us.

I'd rather be in our position right now too. A cup won, still in Europe with a great chance of winning the lesser Cup and a fighting chance of top 4. They might end the season ahead of us in the league but unless it's in the top 4 we'll have had a better season.

Just.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nalz wrote: »
    I get your point, and I agree to an extent but...

the silver linings in all this Kew is that even though we are behind them, its quite obvious we are tougher to beat and in Jose's first season the transisiton in terms of personel and style of play has been positive. We've a trophy under our belt, still in Europe which gives us extra hope of being in the CL next season, a bigger transfer chest to spend in the summer and a support base thats behind the squad. There is no turmoil or bad juju at OT unlike there is in North London.

Also we got to play them still in the Emirates... and I much prefer to play them the end of this season the way they are as opposed to the way the played at the end of last season.

Ya I agree with that generally, but I think what it shows is that we have lost a bit of that ruthless streak we used to have. We should be looking down on a team like Arsenal and we have ourselves have blown chances to push on.

Im still very confident about the short term future, but this season has been as mixed a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

But i said he could play there and be a good player there attacking from midfield. Is it any different to jayo's line up with mkhitarayan in midfield?

It is completely different and you are showing a lack of awareness to the formations.

I've explained the 433 formation up above.

In a 4231 the attacking from midfield is usually done from Rooney position in your line up or a box to box player .. now if you had Reus in where Roo is or in the left inside forward position, no one would be saying anything really but the fact that you had him in a midfield 2.. I dont even... I mean why wouldn't you put the formation as 4141 or 433 with one DM if that's what you meant?

The main problem with your posts is that you put Marco Reus into CM which is not and never has been his position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think your the only person in the thread that dont get Miki was put there because I couldn't stagger the midfield haha you had reus playing even deeper behind attacking midfielders and if anything he would actually be one of the attacking midfielders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The problem is that he refuses to simply admit he meant Kroos all that time ago and just get over it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

The problem is that he refuses to simply admit he meant Kroos all that time ago and just get over it.

No i didnt. 2 different players and both german internationals. Impossible to get both mixed up

QheSP.gif

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think your the only person in the thread that dont get Miki was put there because I couldn't stagger the midfield haha you had reus playing even deeper behind attacking midfielders and if anything he would actually be one of the attacking midfielders.

But like you say its on paper. He wouldnt actually be playing that deep. Im against 2 holding midfielders. One holding midfielder is plenty when you have a good defence and good attackers

But like you say its on paper. He wouldnt actually be playing that deep. Im against 2 holding midfielders. One holding midfielder is plenty when you have a good defence and good attackers

So Kroos wouldn't be playing cm then? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Good story on the Rostov coach.....i think these ties could prove trickier than most think...

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3077063/miracle-worker-kurban-berdyev-a-tough-rival-for-jose-mourinho

Going by this the pitch will be a real leveler,should be an interesting battle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4293044/Manchester-United-boss-Jose-Mourinho-Rostov-s-pitch.html

Going by this the pitch will be a real leveler,should be an interesting battle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4293044/Manchester-United-boss-Jose-Mourinho-Rostov-s-pitch.html

Pitch is in an awful state. Would happily take a score draw back to OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The joys of the Europa League

Might be a game to play hoof ball to Fellaini

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Might be a game to play hoof ball to Fellaini

Dont look great id happily take a draw of any kind there and make it a game at Old Trafford. Keep it tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

I See Mings got 5 games, well deserved.

enviro wrote: »
    I See Ming got 5 games, well deserved.

Yeah 2 extra games.. still can't believe he appealed that charge.. could and should have been more..

5 games is generous - should have been at least that before the joke appeal

enviro wrote: »
    I See Mings got 5 games, well deserved.

And more along with it. He stamped on a man's head and then tried to headbutt his elbow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

should he not get more for a frivolous appeal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoctor wrote: »
    5 games is generous - should have been at least that before the joke appeal

I think if it was coupled with a fine of 30k or so and in the 5-7 game bracket it would have been fair tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I loved how in the general commentary there was a real scare from pundits and even journalists to outline Mings meant what he did, and how "no one can know for sure bar him" yet they were comfortable claiming Zlatan meant his elbow.

I think anyone who played football knows Mings meant it. He got thrown to the ground like a wet sponge in the first half and was probably sweating to get one back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

sky88 wrote: »
    should he not get more for a frivolous appeal
    I assume that's why he's getting the 2 extra games. They haven't deemed it to be worthy of a harsher punishment in comparison to Zlatans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jose not happy with the pitch for tomorrow at all and complained to UEFA who told him "your players are insured"

Also said he may have to reconsider playing Miki because the pitch is so bad and intimated it may heavily influence his team selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fcuking dread playing on surfaces like that.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

adox wrote: »
    Jose not happy with the pitch for tomorrow at all and complained to UEFA who told him "your players are insured"

Also said he may have to reconsider playing Miki because the pitch is so bad and intimated it may heavily influence his team selection.
    That's an awful response

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

That's an awful response

For UEFA to say that to any club is a disgrace. Player welfare should be a priority and playing on a pitch like that is risking injury for no good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39204902

Sorry guys. Forgot to provide a link to where I read it.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I loved how in the general commentary there was a real scare from pundits and even journalists to outline Mings meant what he did, and how "no one can know for sure bar him" yet they were comfortable claiming Zlatan meant his elbow.

I think anyone who played football knows Mings meant it. He got thrown to the ground like a wet sponge in the first half and was probably sweating to get one back

Only idiots think he did not mean it.

Not a single ex pro has said he did not mean it.

• Advertisement

Only idiots think he did not mean it.

Not a single ex pro has said he did not mean it.

Danny Murphy felt in his gut he didnt mean it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Kitsunegari

Tyrone Mings is English. That's the difference. Unless you're a complete nutter like Barton or a massive English player like Rooney you will always be defended in some form by the English media, as long as you're English that is.

KH25 wrote: »
    For UEFA to say that to any club is a disgrace. Player welfare should be a priority and playing on a pitch like that is risking injury for no good reason.

UEFA dont give a toss about the players, they are earning massive money.

its part of the job anyway, every pitch cant be 100% perfect

Pat Nevin and Kevin Kilbane were talking about it for a bit on Off The Ball on Monday night. They drew on their own playing experience, conceding that they were guilty themselves of sly digs in the past or acts of revenge on the pitch.

Of course no one but the player knows for sure, but both of them were of the strong opinion that Mings knew full well what he was doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I bet as bad as that pitch is that it's probably better than every pitch I ever played on in my life.

stankratz wrote: »
    Pat Nevin and Kevin Kilbane were talking about it for a bit on Off The Ball on Monday night. They drew on their own playing experience, conceding that they were guilty themselves of sly digs in the past or acts of revenge on the pitch.

Of course no one but the player knows for sure, but both of them were of the strong opinion that Mings knew full well what he was doing.

i still dont think Keane went out to injure Haaland in old trafford... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

L.A Galaxy think they've a "realistic shot of landing" Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the summer.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2017/03/08/zlatan-ibrahimovic-la-galaxy-offer-manchester-united

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/839588979741716483
    LA Galaxy have told Zlatan Ibrahimovic they are prepared to make him the highest paid player in MLS history

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ah lads

What a game barca

Lithium93_ wrote: »

If he wanted money he would of went to China last summer.

City draw aswell we 7 behind them and second with game in hand we need to be ruthless friends draws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well, we just fell to no.2 on the list of greatest European comebacks.

One hell of a bottle job there. Probably the best I've ever seen, shout out to Di Maria for spurning a sitter to shut the coffin, same to Cavani in fact. ****e goalkeeping, dodgy penalty and suicidal refusal to track runners in the last few seconds aside that was some ball in from Neymar at the death.

Free kick with the ****e goalkeeping gave em the spark, fair play.

PSG I have not laughed this much in a while, fun plane ride back for ye.

AIG will be in unbearable top form I'm sure, and he is entitled to it tonight.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Also city drew, god that draw is even worse now

city draw.....BOOOOOOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wtf i switched to the city game and only saw barca result now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Two dives for both penalties. But some comeback indeed. PSG were atrocious for 99% of the game.

City draw which means more dropped points for United on the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

0-0 between City and Stoke. Completely forgot that game was on

Lads I think the Stoke and city game was a draw ye may not of heard ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I think the Stoke and city game was a draw ye may not of heard ;)

I heard, I just didn't care :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement