Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If it comes down to moving Martial into the CF position because Zlatan has left and we need to accomodate Griezmann and Sanchez as wide forwards then damn it we will just have to do it. Sometimes you just have to accept that sacrifices must be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Robson99 wrote:
    Would Zlatan be effective on the wing??
    Jesus. That's incredible.

how.gareth wrote: »
    Was your bt a legit feed? Mine was freezing every 5 or 10 mins and I ended up watching eir sports instead

Nice try, officer!

My problem wasn't BT's fault ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

stankratz wrote: »
    Nice try, officer!

My problem wasn't BT's fault ;)

Ha ha then I don't think my problem was BT's fault either 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hard to critique Martial on last night. I thought he tried hard when he came on but players like him will be hurt by that pitch more than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jayop wrote: »
    Hard to critique Martial on last night. I thought he tried hard when he came on but players like him will be hurt by that pitch more than most.

I was speaking of the season as a whole, last night is a bit of an outlier for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I was speaking of the season as a whole, last night is a bit of an outlier for everybody.

Aye I know you were. I'm waiting for a bus and bored so had to post something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Anyone know what Channel the United Chelsea game is on next week ?

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Xenophile wrote: »

BT Were advertising it last night I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It will likely be on BT and BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

BBC1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭SteM

The United website shows the next few games and which UK channel is showing it.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fixtures-And-Results.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rostov warming down after last night's game.

Bad-Day-11.jpg

zerks wrote: »

Having the nationality as a clue makes this one pretty easy I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Without the nationality fully visible or ignoring it I didn't get
    Berba, Mata and Saha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I got them all but the time was almost up before I realised it gave the nationality beside the blanks :o Made it more obvious but it was still fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Nalz wrote: »
    Without the nationality fully visible or ignoring it I didn't get
    Berba, Mata and Saha

I was the same. I wouldn't have got
    Saha.
    I also didn't think
    Mata
    was in in our top 10 PL goalscorers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

90 seconds to get all 20...mostly because I wasted a bunch of time because I
    thought I'd already included Andy Cole
    when I hadn't. Having the nations makes it too easy. Might have struggled without that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Struggled with Saha myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Got 19/20. Missed
    saha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It boggles my mind that we can honestly say we are unbeaten in the league for so long, and show such little progress for it on the face of things. The draws just continue to make me so mad :(

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Struggled with Saha myself

I rarely forget Saha, he was one of my favourite players, he would have been world class in my opinion if not for those damn injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It boggles my mind that we can honestly say we are unbeaten in the league for so long, and show such little progress for it on the face of things. The draws just continue to make me so mad :(

Has there ever been an unbeaten run in the league as long as this where a team has stayed in the same position (apart from if they were in first place of course)? It is pretty amazing really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm over this season. I've wrote off a top 4 finish and pinning all my hopes on EL. If we get passed Chelsea in the Cup then great but if we get knocked out ill barely care as it lightens our fixture congestion.

I'm of the opinion the EL is a booby prize unless you win it.

The fun will start if we miss out top 4 AND lose in the EL :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm over this season. I've wrote off a top 4 finish and pinning all my hopes on EL. If we get passed Chelsea in the Cup then great but if we get knocked out ill barely care as it lightens our fixture congestion.

Over the season? We have a great chance in most competitions (aside the prem title) we can definitely get top 4 and Europa and maybe even a decent FA cup run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

GSPfan wrote: »

Hehehe booby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Which is extremely likely based on performances and results. We are very lucky that Lyon and Roma were drawn together as I couldn't see us overcoming both of them. Maybe one.

I don't understand why we are being linked with this Mertens guy. Martial will score as many this season as Mertens usually gets. He's having a freak goal scoring season this year and he's 29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The lads will still get paid don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

I don't understand why we are being linked with this Mertens guy. Martial will score as many this season as Mertens usually gets. He's having a freak goal scoring season this year and he's 29.

You don't understand why newspapers desperate for clicks might have generated a clickbait bulls**t story relating to one of the biggest clubs in the world? You really can't get your head around that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

You don't understand why newspapers desperate for clicks might have generated a clickbait bulls**t story relating to one of the biggest clubs in the world? You really can't get your head around that?

The meaning of my post was actually to question why we would be interested in him. Then other posters might like to contribute or argue in his favour.

But you carry on jumping on every opportunity to be a condescending arsehole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The meaning of my post was actually to question why we would be interested in him. Then other posters might like to contribute or argue in his favour.

It really depends on his contract situation im not sure what it is. Someone said to me the other day he was out of contract soon now of you could get him for the right price he would be a decent signing.

While His tally of goals this year is hight its also worth nothing he is usually been played out wide in previous years but he is constantly the main striker this year and has been consistently banging them in.

In respect to his age if you bought him for 20 to 30 million and got 3 or so seasons out of him that would not be bad business in today's market.

Mertens can play left or attacking midfield or up front on his own he has a decent amount of quality.

Nalz wrote: »
    The lads will still get paid don't worry

Not them I was referring to.
    I think there's a section of fans who loved giving out about Jose when he came and early in the season. The results (i.e. not losing **** all) has kept them at bay, but there'll be many who'll love the chance to jump back on him if we miss CL football. again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Jesus. That's incredible.

I meant for it to read no you wouldn't play him on the wing because its not his position

Robson99 wrote: »
    I meant for it to read no you wouldn't play him on the wing because its not his position

Dont worry majority of thread understood your post.

Tomorrow's Express running the story that we are to make "a sensational move for Alexis Sanchez".

Tomorrow's Express running the story that we are to make "a sensational move for Alexis Sanchez".

Pls pls pls pls

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well United pried Van Persie away a few years ago, make Arsenal an offer they can't refuse for Alexis Sanchez..

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well United pried Van Persie away a few years ago, make Arsenal an offer they can't refuse for Alexis Sanchez..

Star player wants to leave Arsenal and we sign him,deja vu for Wenger.....We hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Star player wants to leave Arsenal and we sign him,deja vu for Wenger.....We hope.

Only if he almost single handedly fires us to a league title :)

Griezmann now saying he's happy in Spain and has reservations about the weather etc in England.
    http://www.espnfc.com/story/3079368/i-see-no-reason-to-leave-atletico-madrid-antoine-griezmann

Griezmann now saying he's happy in Spain and has reservations about the weather etc in England.
    http://www.espnfc.com/story/3079368/i-see-no-reason-to-leave-atletico-madrid-antoine-griezmann

Espn are doing a zerks on it he complained about the weather last month :):)

Good player Sanchez, but I'd be grand with us not signing him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

PSG, juventus or Munich is where I see Sanchez next season

jayo26 wrote: »
    Espn are doing a zerks on it he complained about the weather last month :):)

The weather is better this month.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

anyone really think that Pogba was worth anywhere near a world record fee ?
    I dont if we got him for maybe €45 million then ok but he has shown nothing to warrant his record fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jambofc wrote: »
    anyone really think that Pogba was worth anywhere near a world record fee ?
    I dont if we got him for maybe €45 million then ok but he has shown nothing to warrant his record fee.

give the lad a break, everyone expects him to be this amazing ****, united are still adjusting to mhou, he is still 23 thats a **** ton of pressure, I'll judge him towards the end of his tenure with us not near the start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ah come on lads, seriously? The express?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement