Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Al Capwned wrote: »
    de Gea leaving would be nothing only bad for us. There are only one or two keepers in the world that could potentially replace him.

How is Oblak getting on at Atlético ? always looked good when I saw them live last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

While it is never nice to see an injury I wonder will Kane be out for long for spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hococop wrote: »
    While it is never nice to see an injury I wonder will Kane be out for long for spurs

What happened him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    You are making that up.

i agree with him, said it after the game as well. because pogba missed that late chance and everyone was already frustrated he just took the blunt of the blame. nothing about the chances he created earlier in the game with some world class passed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

We're the lowest ranked (by league position) team left in the FA Cup now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Don't do it lads, don't do it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Sunny outside now .. think I might cut the grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Raining here. Can't cut the grass.

It's lovely here daffodils are nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    i agree with him, said it after the game as well. because pogba missed that late chance and everyone was already frustrated he just took the blunt of the blame. nothing about the chances he created earlier in the game with some world class passed

That's two of you making it up so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everton could overtake us before we play our next PL game.

We will have 3 games in hand on them at that point but the break from 6th would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Raggy news sites are saying kane could be out for 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Liverpool to win today, would prefer them to lose or draw but won't happen, the equaliser will give them momentum for the second half :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

limnam wrote: »

Playing next weekend so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

limnam wrote: »

It looked bad on TV,twisted his ankle and the defender landed on it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

RobertKK wrote: »
    Liverpool to win today, would prefer them to lose or draw but won't happen, the equaliser will give them momentum for the second half :(

Guaranteed alright.

We will never get into the top 4 on our own. We desperately one or more of Pool, City and Arsenal to screw up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yea ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

To be fair to them im sure there are posters who did loose the run of themselves because of his misses in the Bournemouth. Its the type of poster that calls for Smalling to be sold when he makes a mistake.

There are others who have been critical of him win lose or draw, its disingenuous to tar everyone with the same brush knowingly. Its an lazy way to brush off valid criticism.

"Your all overacting because of the result a few misses because " or "If martial puts that chance away everyone would be praising him for his ball" :rolleyes:

In reality plenty on here would have criticised his performance in the Bournemouth whether he scored/assisted a winner or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Quandary wrote: »
    Guaranteed alright.

We will never get into the top 4 on our own. We desperately one or more of Pool, City and Arsenal to screw up.

Only 3 defeats and stuck in 6th, draws are near equally a killer as losing is at this stage.

I'll eat my new hat if Liverpool don't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Would the Premier League or European leagues ever adopt an extra point for scoring say 3 goals in a game or something like that. Id love to see it. You'd always fear it would benefit the better teams and further cement their dominance but imagine a league where winning a game 3-2 got you 4 points. Or even losing a game 4-3 got you a point.

Ah bollix.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Would the Premier League or European leagues ever adopt an extra point for scoring say 3 goals in a game or something like that. Id love to see it. You'd always fear it would benefit the better teams and further cement their dominance but imagine a league where winning a game 3-2 got you 4 points. Or even losing a game 4-3 got you a point.

Yehh i always liked that idea too. Would be i treating to trial it in the Europa league or something but could never see the premierleague been the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Memphis just did this for Lyon

https://streamable.com/lzvfg

That's ridiculous im really happy for him if he makes it a success over there.

Lucky result for Liverpool,if one of our players took a shot like Can did,Heaton would have saved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What a ridiculous goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That's either some unbelievable awareness or some miskick :D he didn't even look up at all

• Advertisement

How's everyone feeling about tomorrow night's game?

I'm not too optimistic. Don't like the Bridge at all and I can't shake the image of a smiling Conte celebrating yards from a sulking Jose.

A big and busy week coming up in all remaining competitions - Chelsea in the cup, Rostov in the Europa and Middlesbrough in the league. Worst case scenario, the season could be all but over for us by this time next week.

It hopefully won't go to the worst case scenario, but I'm not overflowing with confidence either. Only for a late rescue with a brace of Martial-centric goals, Middlesbrough had us beaten at home in the league on New Year's Eve last.

Rostov aren't all that, but neither are Burnley, Bournemouth or Hull. 0-0 would be enough for us, but a 1-1 within 90 minutes on Thursday night drags us into extra-time and the possibility of penalties. Penalties are not something I've ever been confident of with United. But for a John Terry slip in 08, I'd feel even worse about them.

I think 3/3 successes this week might be currently too tall of an order for this United side. If offered now, I'd take 3 points from the Middlesbrough game, an advance in the Europa and a fighting loss tomorrow against Chelsea.

That said, I want to see a strong team put out tomorrow night with the intention to win.

astradave wrote: »
    That's either some unbelievable awareness or some miskick :D he didn't even look up at all

Watching it I was expecting a killer pass or something, then I thought "The eejit ballooned it...wait...no fúcking way...haha...nice one kid."

Good to see him doing well for Lyon so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

stankratz wrote: »
    How's everyone feeling about tomorrow night's game?

I'm not too optimistic. Don't like the Bridge at all and I can't shake the image of a smiling Conte celebrating yards from a sulking Jose.

A big and busy week coming up in all remaining competitions - Chelsea in the cup, Rostov in the Europa and Middlesbrough in the league. Worst case scenario, the season could be all but over for us by this time next week.

It hopefully won't go to the worst case scenario, but I'm not overflowing with confidence either. Only for a late rescue with a brace of Martial-centric goals, Middlesbrough had us beaten at home in the league on New Year's Eve last.

Rostov aren't all that, but neither are Burnley, Bournemouth or Hull. 0-0 would be enough for us, but a 1-1 within 90 minutes on Thursday night drags us into extra-time and the possibility of penalties. Penalties are not something I've ever been confident of with United. But for a John Terry slip in 08, I'd feel even worse about them.

I think 3/3 successes this week might be currently too tall of an order for this United side. If offered now, I'd take 3 points from the Middlesbrough game, an advance in the Europa and a fighting loss tomorrow against Chelsea.

That said, I want to see a strong team put out tomorrow night with the intention to win.

I'd say if we got 2/3 we wouldn't be doing too bad, I'd take progressing in the Europa and 3 points against Middlesborough, others will disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Not expecting a win tomorrow night.

What ever happens, once we don't end up with extra time then I'll be OK with it.

Chelsea have had what, 7 or 8 days off?

We had a trip to bloody Russia only 3 days ago and played on a horrendous surface, we also have bigger fish to fry with the EL and the PL.

It would be lovely to keep going in the FA cup considering we are the holders but it's very much low man on the totem for me anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looking at the teams left, I'd have little faith in being able to do anything in the cup.

If we win, awesome. But I'm not expecting much tbh.

To be honest I only want to beat Chelsea tomorrow just as a bit of payback for the slaughtering they gave us. The fact its a cup game isn't really in my mind. We are likely to lose so I've accepted it already. A win would be delightful.

• Advertisement

MEN are running the below as the squad for tomorrow. Probably who they snapped leaving the Lowry hotel or something, but interesting if the squad features no outright 9.

lpPRb0d.jpg

Surely Rooney is available? Rashford and Martial too. That has to be bollox.

Like to beat Chelsea but I honestly can't see it happening they only have fa cup and league to concentrate on id say our mind will be on the Russians and Middlesborough next Sunday two big big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

stankratz wrote: »
    MEN are running the below as the squad for tomorrow. Probably who they snapped leaving the Lowry hotel or something, but interesting if the squad features no outright 9.

lpPRb0d.jpg

Only 20 there.. we usually have 22 for cup games no?

astradave wrote: »
    Only 20 there.. we usually have 22 for cup games no?

Its only the players they see going to hotel so some could be meeting up with team later.

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    Surely Rooney is available? Rashford and Martial too. That has to be bollox.

MEN can be hit and miss with their squad reports, basically it's whoever their reporter sees departing a hotel or train station. There could be of course players yet to travel or meet up with the squad, as has been the case with these reports before.

For me, there's no way that at least two of Martial, Rooney and Rashford don't feature in the squad. There's no current reports of injuries to them.

I hate when sometimes the thread don't show you the new page until you make a comment on that new page....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think we will either win tomorrow or it will be comfortable home win.

Edit: just seen last post, scrap that 6-0 chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Fellaini up front then? :pac:

thats what I thought as soon as i saw it :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fellaini up front then? :pac:

Going to lose, may as well have the lulz in the process.

Wonder if he'd try Pogba or Mkhi up front...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The stars are aligning for a resounding home win.

So 3-1 to us. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Time to call on the long forgotten Owen Goal to get us out of this mess.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement