Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That has to be a booking for Cahill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United kept kicking Hazard. Deserved red for the player and the team.

Game plan out the window, defending deep now looks like the better option than the one selected.

Crazy to see all that money spent, the whole team set up to stop Chelsea but no player that can put fear in the opposition like Hazard does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

adox wrote: »
    That has to be a booking for Cahill.

Ya,refs sometimes really dont help themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Herrera did himself no favours with his reaction to the yellow, screaming in the ref's face. Refs are people too (Kinda...) and if someone did that to me, I wouldn't think twice about sending him off when he gives me the chance to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

DM_7 wrote: »

Game plan out the window, defending deep now looks like the better option than the one selected.

Crazy to see all that money spent, the whole team set up to stop Chelsea but no player that can put fear in the opposition like Hazard does.

If only Fergie didn't cheap out on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

And it looked like hererra knew exactly what he was doing for his first yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

So Jones playing a game in midfield 4 years ago is why Jose doesn't play Carrick today? Its nothing to do with what Jose thinks of Carrick? Ok. Good lad.

Its working well isn't it?

It's called tactics. Jones can man mark carrick cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

DM_7 wrote: »

United didn't keep kicking Hazard. Jones was getting tight to him and trying to unease him. Nothing wrong with that. An effective tactic with a player like him and something the likes of Keane in his day would've liked to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Very frustrating, we were doing alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Big Dave could release a DVD of all his saves now at this stage

Unbelievable stuff

That's second save from De Gea. Was like watching Schmeichel. A thing of beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    It's called tactics. Jones can man mark carrick cant

So I guess today you have decided not to be defensive midfielder Micheal Carricks biggest fan? How consistent of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ha jose looks so mellow on the touchline compaired to conte... If jose screamed in 4th officials face like that he would be in the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

2nd yellow did he even make contact ffs
    very soft yellow hazard is dropping at the slightest touch

then cahill pulls rashford down and no booking lol joke referring again :mad:

• adox wrote: »
    That's second save from De Gea. Was like watching Schmeichel. A thing of beauty.

Scary to think where we potentially would be without him in the last 3+ seasons IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Pogba not up to much again this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Ruud Gullitt. Great player but christ he's a numpty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Funnily enough when I seen that it was Michael Oliver before the game I jokingly thought to myself "Well, we're already down to 10 men or 1-0 down"

He's reffed us 3 times this season and given a penalty against us every time. Watford, Everton, Liverpool. How can you warn Jones for multiple fouls but given Herrera two yellows with no warning for very similar fouls?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So I guess today you have decided not to be defensive midfielder Micheal Carricks biggest fan? How consistent of you.

Eh? There was nothing wrong with the post. Carrick is a better midfielder but he can't carry a role like Jones. It's not different to what Park did against Pirlo except Hazard can lose his marker very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

v3ttel wrote: »
    Funnily enough when I seen that it was Michael Oliver before the game I jokingly thought to myself "Well, we're already down to 10 men or 1-0 down"

He's reffed us 3 times this season and given a penalty against us every time. Watford, Everton, Liverpool. How can you warn Jones for multiple fouls but given Herrera two yellows with no warning for very similar fouls?

It's like the rules are changed before the kick off or during the game. Now a player who is fouling doesn't matter, a player who is being fouled matters.

• Advertisement

What??

Carrick and Jones are 2 completely different players.jones is there purely to man mark hazard.

You fear it's going to get ugly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Ah well.

Keep it respectable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Attitude stinks from the players. No energy, no passion, no fight.

I fear we will fold now. Haven't looked at it in the second half. Summed up by the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Crossing fingers for no injuries.

Funny how Zlatans and Herreras red cards have contributed to this loss. No one to blame but themselves.

Feels like we've only 9 men on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The difference between Kante and Pogba.

Another game completely bypasses Pogba whilst Kante yet again makes a massive difference.

Simply no comparison and we totally lost out by wasting all that time chasing Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭BenK

Already seem resigned to defeat by the look of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Eh? There was nothing wrong with the post. Carrick is a better midfielder but he can't carry a role like Jones. It's not different to what Park did against Pirlo except Hazard can lose his marker very easily.

Which goes back to my original point. Forget this man marking crap, if Jose trusted Carrick to perform his normal role in a big game like this he would be on the field cutting out the ball to Hazard. I think it shows us where Carrick is at, that instead of having him play that vital anchor role Jose would rather dredge up the old Phil Jones in midfield chestnut, a role he hasn't performed for over 4 years and never particularly excelled at in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The difference between Kante and Pogba.

Another game completely bypasses Pogba whilst Kante yet again makes a massive difference.

Simply no comparison and we totally lost out by wasting all that time chasing Pogba

Yeah but Pogba is only nearly 24 :)

Hate to be that guy complaining about the double standards of the refs but Conte really gets away with murder.

Must be rage inducing for opposition managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Awwww. Love Rashford.

Fúck sake, Rashford.

Luiz being Luiz.

Nearly world class from rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Rashers, great effort... great save unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

We must be the worst team in the league when it comes to corners. May as well just be a goal kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Rash needs to take these chances

No one marking Costa. Christ!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Attitude stinks from the players. No energy, no passion, no fight.

They literally have no energy. Chelsea have had twice the time to recover and an extra man.

We must be the worst team in the league when it comes to corners. May as well just be a goal kick.

And throw ins as well. It's just giving the ball back to the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

We're getting mugged off with Chelsea's passing

Ha Costa what an embarrassment.

• Advertisement

Pogba sulking when he loses the ball on the edge of the box while play carries on. That's not good to see.

Pogba could not be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pogba could not be arsed.

Dwells on the ball far too long when he regains control, its been going on all season. Flaw in his game he needs to sort out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Starting to feel we've made a big mistake with Pogba to be honest

Mata on for Pogba if it's still only one with 15-20 to go.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement