Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

How Smalling doesn't give away penalties constantly he always grabs players at sethe pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dwells on the ball far too long when he regains control, its been going on all season. Flaw in his game he needs to sort out

Whatever about his technical issues, his attitude in this match is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Dwells on the ball far too long when he regains control, its been going on all season. Flaw in his game he needs to sort out

Been saying this for weeks. He tries too hard to do the spectacular when the easy ball is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Pogba needs to be benched. Utd shouldn't be a kindergarden for players who need time to develop.

I mean he is simply toxic. If Fellani played like Pogba the place would be lit up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Seriously Costa is an utter embarrassment to the game.
    Refs should really try to stamp it out. It's utterly embarrassing and makes the game a bit of a joke

Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Rojo clearly stamped down on his standing foot while he standing on one leg. That is very very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Starting to feel we've made a big mistake with Pogba to be honest

Ah here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Another game completely bypasses Pogba whilst Kante yet again makes a massive difference.

He actually started the game well enough.

I agree with the general sentiment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

What kind of midfielder is he meant to be, playmaker, attacking, holding, ball winner ? It is difficult to make out from his performances , and he is never substituted no matter how ineffective he is. That in itself is bad for him and the team overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lol. I will save this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

adox wrote: »
    Seriously Costa is an utter embarrassment to the game.
    Refs should really try to stamp it out. It's utterly embarrassing and makes the game a bit of a joke

Disgusting.

He's not going to have any punishment and it takes time off the clock that wont be added on at the end.

Absolutely no composure from United.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Rojo clearly stamped down on his standing foot while he standing on one leg. That is very very dangerous.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

bangkok wrote: »

Good, it will give you something to do on CL nights next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ah seriously, you can lol a post like that. Pogba showed he was a very good player at Juve, hes playing poorly and doesn't have the composure you'd expect from a top class player

He's not a write off but there is merit in discussing his performances when they have been fairly poor recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

I had built myself up to lose this match. Surprisingly effective on my general mood. Herrera's sending off killed this as a tie.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People will moan about Pogba cause of his price tag, but honestly, there's 8 other outfield players who are equally as **** and should be equally criticised. It's a gutless Preformance all round and I don't think any should escape here.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    People will moan about Pogba cause of his price tag, but honestly, there's 8 other outfield players who are equally as **** and should be equally criticised. It's a gutless Preformance all round and I don't think any should escape here.

Ashley Young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Don't know what you're laughing at. He's been a big disappointment so far and hasn't justified his cost to even a small degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Well doesn't look like we have it in us to get back into this. No heart or leadership

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »
    Ashley Young

I'd rank him as the worst of the bunch tonight tbh.

Red card killed the game, we were doing well but down to 10 men along with a trip to Russia only 4 days ago, players will be flat. Jose should make 2 subs now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

No.

Derp thought i was in the match thread. :o

To be fair I don't think you can call it gutless from the players, they were put in a system to play on the break. Jose hasn't changed that but because of the sending off we are clueless. Rashford is the only outlet and United are still playing with a back 8 despite being 1 down.

Herrera takes the blame then the manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

:?

Harsh I think. Sending off killed us.

• Advertisement

Will Chelsea rue the missed chances? Hopefully we get one more :)

What's the rule on reds? This is Herrera's second of the season so is it a 3 game ban or do both reds have to be for violent conduct for 3 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Chelsea have played 5 games in last 6 weeks.

United have played 9 games and have been playing half the game a man down, with their star forward suspended..

I'd give them a bit of a pass in this game...

Ridiculous red and clear improvement from their defeat earlier in season.

mewe wrote: »
    Don't know what you're laughing at. He's been a big disappointment so far and hasn't justified his cost to even a small degree.

7 goals 4 assists and some great performances along the way. Carling cup winner, almost in last 8 of Europa league and still in top 4 fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Horrible watching your team just hang on knowing have nothing but a long ball counter attack to offer.

Red card really ruined this game but not for first time this season there's players out there who have done nothing when needed.

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »
    Ashley Young

Strange, he has given everything. Rarely plays.

Lolz just gave a silly corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mourinho holding a water bottle in an aggressive manner there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

There's going to be another red at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Moses has had Young in his pocket all game

7 goals 4 assists and some great performances along the way. Carling cup winner, almost in last 8 of Europa league and still in top 4 fight

Do you watch games or just read stats.? Pogba has been bang average for months now,

Lingard and Bailly on for Young and Jones. A bit of pace and energy and go to a real back three. Don't think it'll make a difference but we need go go for it. Baillys pace might let us go for it a bit more at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Mourinho holding a water bottle in an aggressive manner there

3 match touchline ban for that surely.

Get a Ozil vibe from him. The odd flash of brilliance, disappears in big games and generally not arsed.

Kante making a fool of Pogba ffs

secman wrote: »
    Do you watch games or just read stats.? Pogba has been bang average for months now,

I'm actually laughing at him now the amount of times he's posted that stat.

• Advertisement

Harsh I think. Sending off killed us.

Didn't help, certainly, but it's an excuse.

Without Herrera or Ibra, there's no leaders on the pitch, and there seemed to be the attitude that once Herrera went off, the fight vanished from the team.

Now we're losing our heads. Could see another red here, easily...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Your beating of the pogba drum is getting ridicilous now he's a 100 million player not someone promoted to first team from the academy what great performances seriously when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pity this wasn't in Wembley. Jesse would score the equaliser.

Off the top of your head can you name three motm performances, hes been ok the last few months. Nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Wouldn't call Herrera a leader tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Yeah he did that all by himself didn't he?

He's been a big letdown since he re-signed. I haven't given up on him yet but I expected more. A lot more. He's not even delivering acceptable performances let alone great ones.

He's one of the few we have to be honest. He shows more desire than most of the rest of them, unfortunately that can cost us the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Besides Herrera who else do you think was poor ?

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Your beating of the pogba drum is getting ridicilous now he's a 100 million player not someone promoted to first team from the academy what great performances seriously when?

100m.... More lies to the story

• Advertisement

Yep. Herrera is mouthy, not a leader.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement