Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

duffman13 wrote: »
    He's one of the few we have to be honest. He shows more desire than most of the rest of them, unfortunately that can cost us the odd time.

Desire is one thing but he badly lacks discipline. Anytime he gets a yellow I'm wincing. Not being results orientated, felt that way for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Two match ban for Herrera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pogba off and Mata on to try and pick Chelseas pocket picking out Jesse or Rashford.
    Too late now with five minutes left.
    Is Rojo gone up top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd rank him as the worst of the bunch tonight tbh.

Did a lot more than your golden boy.

Great shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

bangkok wrote: »
    100m.... More lies to the story

Euros obviously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Think I'll take a break from this thread if the Pogba defence is going to be in full flow.. he has been nothing short of shocking tonight and really is no defending it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Off the top of your head can you name three motm performances, hes been ok the last few months. Nothing more

Palace away, West Ham away, Swansea away, fenerbace home, arsenal home

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »
    I'm actually laughing at him now the amount of times he's posted that stat.

When did Pogbas stats last change?

astradave wrote: »
    Think I'll take a break from this thread if the Pogba defence is going to be in full flow.. he has been nothing short of shocking tonight and really is no defending it..

Playing with 10 men against Chelsea the best team in England by a mile who didn't have to travel to Russia a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Pogba needs dropping. Has shown zero fight out there tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hull, Swansea, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Palace and Fenerbache x 2.

That's the teams Pogba has scored against this season. Jose unfortunately needs to find some way that extracts a massive improvement from Pogba or he needs to spend some time on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Shows how far the character of our squad has fallen that Herrera is considered a "leader".

Been saying it for the past 3 years, this squad has zero personality. Ibrahimovic helped it somewhat, but aside from him I can't think of a single player who has a bit of character. It's the dullest, blandest most uninspiring group of players I've ever seen at the club. Maybe it's just the way football players are these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beno619 wrote: »
    Did a lot more than your golden boy.

Great shift.

:rolleyes:

Pogba was **** tonight, and has been **** for a few games. Not denying that so no need to resort to the snide "golden boy" stuff.

But I felt Jones and Rojo are just about the only ones who did anything. Young offered absolutely nothing, Rashford had one good run but that was it, Fellaini was anonymous, Valencia didn't do much.

The entire team seemed to throw in the towel when the red card was given.

I expected to lose. I'm just massively disappointed in the manner we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Simple question.

Kante or Pogba. I defy anybody to seriously suggest we did better business than Chelsea (even forgetting about the actual money)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Blow it up ref

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Shows how far the character of our squad has fallen that Herrera is considered a "leader".

Been saying it for the past 3 years, this squad has zero personality. Ibrahimovic helped it somewhat, but aside from him I can't think of a single player who has a bit of character. It's the dullest, blandest most uninspiring group of players I've ever seen at the club. Maybe it's just the way football players are these days.

To be honest I think if you're looking for a leader in the Keane or Viera sense you'll be disappointed. That type of attitude seems to be rare these days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Simple question.

Kante or Pogba. I defy anybody to seriously suggest we did better business than Chelsea (even forgetting about the actual money)

I think if you put Pogba in Chelsea's team, he'd look better and if you put Kante in ours, he'd look worse.

Ideally, we'd have had both. Getting a CDM in Kantes style will be a priority this summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Simple question.

Kante was the bargain of the last transfer window and by some margin.

Its no coincidence that Leicester have been so rudderless in MF and Chelsea have been so strong.

There is not a team in the world that he would not improve, aside from Messi there isn't anyone else I can think of that the same could be said of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I don't even want extra time, cant see us even winning if it got to penos, ****in awfully depressing game. Haven't felt like this in about a year watching a United game

Costa. Modern football summed up. Horrible and embarrassing.

Anyway I'm not annoyed by this defeat. Could have been a hell of a lot worse.

The Pogba question still lingers though.

• Advertisement

Positives to take from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Disappointing

Such as??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Red Card killed the game for us.

I don't even want extra time, cant see us even winning if it got to penos, ****in awfully depressing game. Haven't felt like this in about a year watching a United game

Utd supporter not wanting the team to score? Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Herrera sent off because another player fouled Hazard moments earlier and Costa somehow survives 90 minutes without a red, I counted at least 5 moments he should have been booked. Ref had a shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pogba was **** tonight, and has been **** for a few games. Not denying that so no need to resort to the snide "golden boy" stuff.

But I felt Jones and Rojo are just about the only ones who did anything. Young offered absolutely nothing, Rashford had one good run but that was it, Fellaini was anonymous, Valencia didn't do much.

The entire team seemed to throw in the towel when the red card was given.

I expected to lose. I'm just massively disappointed in the manner we did.

Ah now, Valencia was very good tbh. He worked his ass off down the right and defended superbly.

KH25 wrote: »
    To be honest I think if you're looking for a leader in the Keane or Viera sense you'll be disappointed. That type of attitude seems to be rare these days.

That's sadly true.

Just frustrating that you grow up watching players like Robson, Hughes, Cantona, Keane, Stam being the "steel" of the squad. Even players like Scholes, Beckham, Neville, Solskjaer etc. You actually got the impression they hated losing and you'd get a response out of them when their backs were against the wall.

I'm sure Pogba, Rojo, Darmian, Smalling, Lingard, Jones and others don't like losing, but I'll be damned if they look like they're bothered half the time.

It's hard to have the same love for football when you see how bland and disconnected a lot of the players have become.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Jones and Rojo were good, under pressure for so long. De Gea top notch as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Absolutely disgusted to go out by that. A bullsh1t redcard and the ref bought their cheating, diving and general scummery all game long. Match was decided by the card, up tot hat point it was a great competitive game but our lads were completely wankered at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Hococop wrote: »
    Such as??
    Somehow Rojo, Jones, Valencia and Pogba didn't get booked.

Hococop wrote: »
    Such as??

We werent hammered even though we were down to 10men.

Fighting for an equaliser last 10mins.

De gea being class

Rashford proving his worth up front

Phil jones doing well

Zlatan getting a rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kante is a 90 million pound player, Pogba looks like a 90 million pound marketing asset

People can bookmark away, he simply hasn't transitioned from the Italian league at all. Spending an age on the ball, ghosting around games the majority of the time.

I can think of far more games this season where he has done the bare minimum than when he has actually turned up.

domrush wrote: »
    Jones and Rojo were good, under pressure for so long. De Gea top notch as usual.

Valencia was good, smalling and pogba were poor, rest anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The only silver lining is less games for United.

Now lets hope we play all the possible games remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Yep, its the biggest single problem with this team and everything else is secondary.

Its nothing to do with tonight, its just the way it is, there are a lot of weak characters in that dressing room and that is why we are where we are.

We were doing fine up to the red card.
    It was game over after that 99 times out of 100.

That it only ended up 1-0 is respectable even if Chelsea missed a couple of sitters.

Midfield is still the main problem. Not the only one, but the crux of it.

You can roll your eyes as much as you like.

Bar Herrera he was the worst performer. Everyone else at least put in a shift.

Young worked his socks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

The match thread was filled with a bunch of passive-aggressive idiots. Definitely the worst since I've joined. Just a slagging thread instead of actual discussion.

Yep, its the biggest single problem with this team and everything else is secondary.

Its nothing to do with tonight, its just the way it is, there are a lot of weak characters in that dressing room and that is why we are where we are.

Yep, and the one thing I would ask people who think we are making progress is who do you think is giving the players a bollocking in there, or even a rallying cry for the rest of the season?

I seriously cannot picture a single player doing that. I can't remember the last time we had a player who you could see doing that either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Europa is winnable, surely must be a priority now. Would be amazing to get to another European final even if it's not the CL, can't beat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thats that so. Never really in doubt once they scored apart from that one Rashford chance fair play to him by the way one the rare few who gave it all he could. Have to say we defended very very well and apart from one moment of genius from the obvious man of the match i reckon we would of gotten extra time.

Very frustrating to losing two big players so early in the game when in fairness we started fairly well. I think there will rightly be questions over Pogbas involvement in these big games where we really need him. What do you do with him at this stage i mean what happens next season he we bring in someone to do the hard work and he still under performs?

I really do think theres way to much hype around him he needs to be seriously brought back down to earth before he becomes anything like he can be.

In fairness if we didnt spend so much money on him he should rightly be dropped as its not worth a **** him playing fancy passes and having few nice touchs against ordinary teams when he cant win us the games hes needed for.

When you see how much Kante was bought for we wasted the guts of 100 mil on Pogba as things stand.

The match thread was filled with a bunch of passive-aggressive idiots. Definitely the worst since I've joined. Just a slagging thread instead of actual discussion.

Yeah, worst I've seen in a while, I don't get all the **** talking and trying to get a rise out of people

Chelsea were lucky as well with kante, his buyout clause was 32m. He would cost at least 60-70m now

Simple question.

You forget Pogba is nailed on to turn into a monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Plenty of positives to take from that game and people are being overly critical in the extreme. We're playing against a team 14 point ahead of us in the league, they're clearly no mugs. We had another shocker from the ref and all he stopped short of doing was giving them a pen from one of the many dives in the box.

The back 5 all deserve credit for how well they played and how hard they worked. I though each of them were excellent after the red card. Herrera was playing well up to that. Fellaini was very good and ran the legs of himself to try to keep them out. Our attaching players never got a look in because we couldn't get the ball back. That happens when you're down to 10 men for almost the whole game.

My biggest annoyance is that there's a good chance of them winning the double now and I hate so many of their players with a passion. Costa and Hazard could die roaring and I wouldn't give a fk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Disappointing but not surprising loss.

We were doing ok til the sending off, very stupid of Ander to give the ref that kind of decision to make.

Poor performance over all but a major positive for me was Rojo.

I'd love to see him and Bailly get a run together at CB.

He is a total liability in the LF position but looks completely reinvigorated as a CB.

I'd suggest that you don't feed the knuckle draggers / mouth breathers / WUMs in the match thread. We know their schtick well at this stage so let them circle jerk each other, for a lot of them seeing is lose is the only thing that they have had to celebrate for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Such a disappointing night - ref made a joke of a decision and now Ander is out for 2 games :( ...

Positives are that we weren't steamrolled and stayed in the game.

We almost never seem to get a rub of the green with regards ref decisions lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I thought Pogba was very poor. He has been anonymous in too many games. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

****e match that was decided on a ridiculous sending off decision. But, a part of me doesn't really mind as we can focus on competitions that are much more of a benefit to us.

I thought our best players tonight were Valencia & Rojo. Rojo has to be starting every game for the rest of the season for me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement