Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Love this thread

No.

I met real people earlier and made a turkey reference to a bunch of faces that thought I'd lost my mind.

Too much time here is not a good thing. :o

Cluck cluck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Martial didn't look particularly happy out there did he? Or was it just my imagination? Body language and everything seemed quite poor to me, don't remember him celebrating a goal either.

A few of the players were similar though I think, maybe a consequence of recent poor results, anyway hoping he sorts himself out and turns into that monster of a player he has in him. Delighted to see the team score a few today, good for morale, onwards and upwards.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Does Martial ever look any different though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

GSPfan wrote: »

A stone cold killer on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hopefully it's a bit of a turning point in Martials season today.He was excellent in the second half,he has bundles of talent and it would be a major disappointment if he's doesn't fulfil it at United.
    Shaw is in a similar position,loads of potential but showing nothing of note all season.

Headshot wrote: »
    A stone cold killer on the pitch

He's no Pippo Inzaghi with his celebrations thats for sure. Inzaghi used to celebrate goals in training.

Yes,I know he is normally a pretty non emotive guy but today he seemed decidedly sulky in his body language and demeanor. I am sure there isn't much more to it then frustration and he put in a good performance.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He's no Pippo Inzaghi with his celebrations thats for sure. Inzaghi used to celebrate goals in training.

Used to get great entertainment off him, how can you not smile at someone so incredibly happy to score a goal :) He would literally bust a gut to get a toe poke on the end of a teammates shot just to nick it off him, then celebrate like it was a wonder striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Yes,I know he is normally a pretty non emotive guy but today he seemed decidedly sulky in his body language and demeanor. I am sure there isn't much more to it then frustration and he put in a good performance.

He's French.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He's French.

Patrice Evra is French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

He a top notch poker player though . Don't recall seeing a smile on his face at any time, weird.

Patrice Evra is French.

He's Senegalese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Body language experts now. Good grief. It's a hookum theory most of the time, but when amateur psychologists start analyzing players on a discussion forum it's time to check yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reports of a fire at OT this morning needing to be put out by fire services. I wonder if it was Will Grigg having been left in Rojo's pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It was put out only in a lift room or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Which one of ye left the turkey in the oven in the south stand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Which one of ye left the turkey in the oven in the south stand?

Rooney.

Ed Woodward is reported to be in Munich.

• Advertisement

He's Senegalese

He is a French national who never lived in Senegal past the age of 1 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

Any reason why?

Cant think of any player from there we were linked in with the newspapers recently

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

zerks wrote: »

After the turkey, he went to Bavaria to get some Black Forest gateau.
    Sometimes the rich have too much money. He could have got some in Manchester.

There has been talk of Muller moving to United or Real Madrid as he is not fitting in as well in Ancelotti's system as he did in previous Bayern formations.
    Now for full on conspiracy theory...Bastian brought in from the cold and now not for sale, a close friend of Muller.

Where are these reports of Woodward in Munich> I see nothing on Twitter or RedIssue.

If he is in Munich, it could mean absolutely nothing from a transfer perspective - could be on his way to Adidas HQ (not too far from Munich) for business reasons - such as them taking away a bunch of our sponsorship cash if we fail to qualify for the CL next season, which there is a good chance of happening.

RobertKK wrote: »
    There has been talk of Muller moving to United or Real Madrid as he is not fixing in as well in Ancelotti's system

Would he fit into ours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Vidal

That is all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Vidal

That is all

I dont see where vidal would fit in to our squad we already have Fellaini :):)

Squawka had Schweinsteiger as our man of the match and rated him 9/10.

Would he fit into ours?

I think he would.
    His form for Munich under Ancelotti in terms of goal scoring has been poor, and people are blaming the manager for it.
    4 goals and 8 assists in 24 games.
    1 Bundesliga goal in 15 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Squawka had Schweinsteiger as our man of the match and rated him 9/10.

he would have got MOTM off me too if everyone else played in slow motion for half the game :)

Bit harsh maybe, but for all the good he did he was a bit off the pace at times. Always good to seem him on the pitch, provided we win of course.

Nalz wrote: »
    he would have got MOTM off me too if everyone else played in slow motion for half the game :)

Bit harsh maybe, but for all the good he did he was a bit off the pace at times. Always good to seem him on the pitch, provided we win of course.

Course he was slow. It's his first competitive game in 10 months. He's played 16 minutes prior to that and he's playing against a team who had 30 games under their belt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

After the turkey, he went to Bavaria to get some Black Forest gateau.
    Sometimes the rich have too much money. He could have got some in Manchester.

There has been talk of Muller moving to United or Real Madrid as he is not fitting in as well in Ancelotti's system as he did in previous Bayern formations.
    Now for full on conspiracy theory...Bastian brought in from the cold and now not for sale, a close friend of Muller.

Or maybe because of Feb 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

He is a French national who never lived in Senegal past the age of 1 year old.

Its only tongue in cheek lad. He was a potential answer in a question posted a few weeks ago about African players signed by United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

TheDoctor wrote: »
    BBC desperate to call the cross a long ball

I'm getting annoyed now, really annoyed with the rose tinted glasses and nostalgia brigade.

It's like being frowned upon putting crosses in the box, to utilise a clear weapon like Fellaini. People need reminding there are no points for style.

Our modern success was forged from a moment a centre half scored two bullet headers from wide areas.

Our success continued from wingers like Giggs and Beckham, with full backs like Irwin and Neville who provided incredible deliveries to various strikers like Cantona, Cole, Yorke, Van Nistelroy etc.

Keown was really annoying me with his little sly digs and underhand comments about how its not a "way" you would expect from a United team. Clearly plenty of people in the media in the UK are just carrying an agenda now.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Very sloppy start by BS but he got way better throughout the game.

Hardly surprising considering the gametime he has had. All the training in the world won't get you match fit. He had a rough start but thought he really grew into it. Mourinho said after the game his body probably was shattered after 60-65 minutes, but he wanted to give him the full 90 to have his body feel the impact.

Think it's still an utterly stupid/retarded decision that he casted Schweinsteiger aside so early. Clearly a player that can assist the squad and fill in that role in rotation with Carrick. And if both fit and firing, I know which one I'd have starting.

Looking at the midweek fixtures I think Chelsea knocking the stuffing out of Liverpool is probably the best result for Utd. You have to assume the league is not attainable now, Champions League is the prize, it would bring Utd to within two points of Liverpool and probably two of City assuming they win and Utd beat Hull. I honestly think we'll make it now.

Course he was slow. It's his first competitive game in 10 months. He's played 16 minutes prior to that and he's playing against a team who had 30 games under their belt.

Yes. This is correct. Thanks! :) I wasn't complaining that he was slow and questioning it, I was simply stating that it still was a little infuriating yet made me smile at the same time. He wasn't near MOTM for that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

TheDoc wrote: »
    Our modern success was forged from a moment a centre half scored two bullet headers from wide areas.

One of the best days ever. A real shot of self belief into what became a great team.

Looking at the midweek fixtures I think Chelsea knocking the stuffing out of Liverpool is probably the best result for Utd. You have to assume the league is not attainable now, Champions League is the prize, it would bring Utd to within two points of Liverpool and probably two of City assuming they win and Utd beat Hull. I honestly think we'll make it now.

Without doubt it is best if Chelsea win. We are not winning the league, and its ok, for now. A top 4 or top 3 finish would be great and a few cups would make it a brilliant season when you consider how strong the top teams have been. We need to get ahead of City and Liverpool soon.

Clearly plenty of people in the media in the UK are just carrying an agenda now.

They hate Utd and they hate Mourinho. It'll just get worse as their tactical poster boys like Pep and Klopp struggle.

After two years of passing the ball sideways and backwards I think the current set-up is a return to the norm for Utd. Call it what you like it's effective and much better to watch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

g13fl.gif

• Advertisement

Korat wrote: »
    They hate Utd and they hate Mourinho. It'll just get worse as their tactical poster boys like Pep and Klopp struggle.

After two years of passing the ball sideways and backwards I think the current set-up is a return to the norm for Utd. Call it what you like it's effective and much better to watch. :)

Bigger and better makes others bitter.
    Higher you are the bigger they want you to fall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

astradave wrote: »
    Vidal

That is all

We are not signing Vidal.

seriously, where are the reports of Woodward being in Munich? I am seeing nothing - can anyone provide a link.

Not that I think it is transfer related, but I don't even see a basis for the speculation.

jayo26 wrote: »
    He was excellent he really was flying up and down the wing

:):):)

Colour me unimpressed if I'm honest. I still think he's in a rotten run of form and something isn't right.

He was started up front, where I think his future lies and he was pretty piss poor. Incredible how easy he gets knocked of the ball. Hopefully with time, experience and conditioning that passes.

He wandered so much and ended up coming into midfield trying to pickup the ball and allowing Wigan to get even more compact and get a higher press on Schweinsteiger and Fellaini, as their backline stood up.

Sure when he moved out to the wing second half he was better, but Wigan where starting to expand a bit so he had space to run at a Championship defence, and a Championship right back, who it felt like still managed to deal with him a lot of the time.

His assists were fine, but I don't think that paints over what for me was not as good a performance is being made out, and I'm a bit baffled as to how it is being described the way it is.

My initial reaction on the final whistle was that he blew his chance a little that Mourinho built up about during the week. Maybe I'm being overly critical but it was obviously a Jose ploy to mount some pressure on him, have eyes on him, and I don't think I was overly impressed with the response.

He also slacked majorly in the second half from the get go (for me is fine) by not tracking back, but it did result in Wigan having some chances from that side. Although that is a somewhat seperate issue with Shaw, who looked totally lost at sea yesterday for large periods. Rojo ended up covering for both of them a fair bit yesterday.

Rojo by the way, who is quickly becoming the story of the season for me. He looks so assured, confident and has my utter faith and backing. Which is a bit mental all things considered. Just an animal of a player that I personally tend to favour in my defence. Not overly hyped or sold on this premise of ball playing CB's, unless it was like Blind last year who was just beautiful thing to watch.

And final point, Blind just not appearing yesterday. Missed most of the Hull game but gather he played LB? He should have really played in the midfield three yesterday to explore those options. It's really silly to consider him as cover CB or cover LB. He's good enough to start in our midfield, and Jose needs to explore the midfield options so that it isn't just Pogba,Herrera,Carrick or pot

Body language experts now. Good grief. It's a hookum theory most of the time, but when amateur psychologists start analyzing players on a discussion forum it's time to check yourself.

Or maybe people who played football being able to relate a bit about mood? I don't think it's a stretch for people to be able to spot some obvious issues with coaches or players body language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Or maybe people who played football being able to relate a bit about mood? I don't think it's a stretch for people to be able to spot some obvious issues with coaches or players body language.

of people they've never met or interacted with on any kind of level, never mind a personal day to day level to know how they normally act in any situations.

It's complete bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Jesus that's incredibly harsh on martial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Liverpool have 4 games from the 29th of January to the end of February. In that same period we'll have played 7.

The away fixtures against St Etienne is the Wednesday before the cup final. Hopefully we can wrap the tie up in the home fixture so we don't need to be putting the first team out.

• Advertisement

I do my best work when I'm in a bad mood. So focused on being annoyed with the world I just get **** done without worrying about how I do it. Not pleasant to be around though.

Everyone is different but if Martial is such a snowflake that he can't operate in anything other than ideal conditions then he's not someone you want on your team.

There are some massive egos in the current team but I think most will knuckle down when the pressure comes, if they can't or won't then let them go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement