Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

we are gonna bottle it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

hooray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

About ****ing poxy time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

That eases the nerves, I would have hauled him off 10 minutes ago, was totally anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Get the fcuk in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Really needed that.

Playing 5 at the back and looking very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

kstand wrote: »
    I'd take Mata off, not at the races.

I fukin hate when that happens!!!

thank god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Need a second to really relax though.

Massive save

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He really is far too good to be a back up.

great save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Savage keeps saying that "everybody has to fancy United to win this competition".

We are labouring to get past Rostov and its not exactly a one-off in terms of form and performance, I would suggest that we are far from nailed on favourites to win anything at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Savage keeps saying that "everybody has to fancy United to win this competition".

We are labouring to get past Rostov and its not exactly a one-off in terms of form and performance, I would suggest that we are far from nailed on favourites to win anything at this point.

He is a scuttering bellpipe.

We're 15/8 at the moment so strong favourites.

Hope Fellaini gets run in team for bit now.

Very hard working player be nice to see for a change.

Hope Fellaini gets run in team for bit now.

He has never been anything than an absolute pro for us.

He is technically limited but if we had 11 players with his attitude then we would be in a much better place IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hope Fellaini gets run in team for bit

He has shown quality as well, not just effort. Tidy performance from him this evening, probably helped by the fact he hasn't been stuck up at no. 10 and had the ball lumped at him.

thank god he got up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Solid contribution for Fellaini again tonight.

#welldoneromero

There by the skin of our teeth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, Romero man of the match?

beno619 wrote: »

Him or Romero for MOTM

Romero and Fellaini love in

• Advertisement

kstand wrote: »
    There by the skin of our teeth.

A goal and a bit. Hardly by the skin of our teeth now.

beno619 wrote: »
    Very good normally on the ball works hard gets stuck in does what he can for the team and never complain s even though he's a backup player.

Proved at Everton that can make a difference when used to his strength s Deffo a key member in the squad we need more hard working down to earth players in the team.

Jayop wrote: »
    A goal and a bit. Hardly by the skin of our teeth now.

We were only a conceded goal away from extra time. It was definitely not a comfortable evening for us IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The players look knackered. All these games are taking their toll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Genk or Anderlecht please

• Advertisement

Romero this season.

11 games started
    8 clean sheets
    3 goals conceded

I know the opposition wasn't the best in a lot of them but that's still some record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Romero seems a wee bit eccentric but he's a very decent keeper. Very lucky to have such a good back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Turgid stuff but we are through I suppose. What the **** was Jones doing playing as a left wing back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anderlecht would be grand i wouldnt mind getting besiktas either they are going to be missing abubakhar now for straight red card.

He got the final touch for the goal and fair play for that, but I thought that yet again Mata offered us very little tonight.

Once again it was a game where we needed a senior player to step up and create something, Mata is supposed to be that creative type of player, he is playing positions that need to produce these moments of magic but time and again he offers very little.

The goal shouldn't mask that, we are struggling to score goals because players like him aren't doing enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »
    Turgid stuff but we are through I suppose. What the **** was Jones doing playing as a left wing back?

I reckon Rojo wasn't feeling the best hence the banana and sticking him out on the left means that he would have to do twice the work going up and down the pitch..

Job done anyway, it wasn't pretty but I don't care.

Anderlecht would be great, would want to avoid Roma, Schalke and Besiktas.

We are so lucky to have as sturdy a back up to DDG as we have.

Rocko once again did well.

Mata had a good first half but poor second one aside from the goal.

Fellaini did very well when he came in.

Zlatan quiet.

Flashes from Mikhi but one of his more subdued games.

We have a good chance to win the tournie.

Aside from the obvious benefits of getting CL next year it would be fcuking brilliant for us to win it for the first time in Jose's first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

He got the final touch for the goal and fair play for that, but I thought that yet again Mata offered us very little tonight.

Once again it was a game where we needed a senior player to step up and create something, Mata is supposed to be that creative type of player, he is playing positions that need to produce these moments of magic but time and again he offers very little.

The goal shouldn't mask that, we are struggling to score goals because players like him aren't doing enough.

To be fair him and a few others are looking fatigued. Jose's not wrong about his complaints over your fixture lists. It's been pretty ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

So just ignore that he played a great ball through to Mkhi in the first half in arguably the best move of the match....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Haven't seen the team look so knackered and wrecked all season. Our fixture list has been ridiculous but it's gonna happen if you wanna win the Europa and keep pushing up in the league.

Rashford, Lingard, Fellaini, Young all should start on Sunday as well as a couple of others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Could do without travelling to Turkey though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Anderlecht would be great, would want to avoid Roma, Schalke and Besiktas.

Lyon knocked Roma out

There's been a trend all season of us having the vast majority of the ball the chances and the game being at our pace against most of the average teams we have played. The problem has been in the final third finishing and decision making has been awful at times.

All season we have been in positions where we should of won very comfortably a number of times yet barely got there or didn't at all.

Against the bigger teams we have mostly performed quite well again though taking our chances has been an issue. The main difference on these occasions was that because the opposition was on a higher level we were punished more severely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I can totally see us drawing Lyon and Memphis ripping us apart :P

So just ignore that he played a great ball through to Mkhi in the first half in arguably the best move of the match....

Is that all it takes for you? We struggle time and again to break teams down but thats enough for you to be happy with one of our most experienced creative players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I can totally see us drawing Lyon and Memphis ripping us apart :P

I can totally see that not happening.

Turtwig wrote: »
    To be fair him and a few others are looking fatigued. Jose's not wrong about his complaints over your fixture lists. It's been pretty ridiculous.

Fatigue is an issue, but thats the game and if we want to win then we have to plough through it. Mata didn't play on Monday as I recall, so as I say he is the sort of player we would have been looking to tonight to make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

If United get to the semi final of Europa we play two games a week for the rest of the season.

Play every weekend plus midweeks:

April week 1 - Everton PL
    April week2/3 - Europa QF
    April week 4 - rescheduled City or Saints PL
    May week 1/2 - Europa SF
    May week 3 - rescheduled City or Saints PL

League ends May weekend 3 and the Europa League final midweek week 4.

If we hadn't gotten to the FA Cup semi, another PL game would have needed to be moved. No idea where that would have been fitted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Europa League Last 8: Celta Vigo, Schalke, Man Utd, Lyon, Anderlecht, Genk, Beşiktaş, Ajax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Is that all it takes for you? We struggle time and again to break teams down but thats enough for you to be happy with one of our most experienced creative players?

No I just find it strange to single out the creator of our best chance and ultimately the goalscorer for criticism in a game against two banks of 4 with a fatigued side. I want more, same as everybody else I assume.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement