Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    Lyon knocked Roma out

Misread aggregate score.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

We really should be winning this tournament. Tonight was not pretty and it's been pretty poor from the league cup final till now in terms of performances. Put a lot of that down to fatigue, the international break is coming at a good time for the team! Hope Pogba is not out too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I can totally see us drawing Lyon and Memphis ripping us apart :P

He is actually cup tied :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Great interview from Jose here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We've been on a downward curve performance wise for a while now and tonight continued it.

Usually id say, well job done tonight that's all that matters but it's a major worry that we are seeing these performances now on a regular basis.

Plus it all seemed so disorganised on the touchline. Rashford then Young, then Rashford again stripping off to come on but not. Jones not seeming to know if he was to swap with Rojo or not.

Even Jose at the end had Rashford ready to come on and seemed to be checking with the fourth official to see when there was 30 seconds left to make the sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yup my thoughts exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What did he say.. missed it

Cliff notes?

First dates Ireland is seemingly more important than punditry.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Cliff notes?

First dates Ireland is seemingly more important than punditry.

Everyone is against us and we will probably loose on Sunday and he is sad to see man city go out of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

jayo26 wrote: »
    He is actually cup tied :)

Nah i'm pretty sure that's Mata mate :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Classic Jose siege mentality.

Also said Pogbas injury was a result of fatigue.

Ibras next game is in 19 days.

Time to rest up for the final push.

Nah i'm pretty sure that's Mata mate :pac:

Ha no he actually played for us in the group stages.

Highlight of the game
    C7EnffFX0AAbHAO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wonder did Rojos mates back home in Argentina have money on him eating the banana on the pitch.

When I read about Rojo having a banana, I thought the Russian fans were causing problems again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Under 2.5 goals has won me few quid last couple of months at United games and some have been odds against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Would love Lyon or Ajax.

Id love a handy 4 or 5 win first leg and rest players on the return, we seem to be fighting every game untill the last minute all season bar the 2 lecister games

• In the big apple so missed the match..how we do??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I quite enjoyed the game tonight I must say, miki had a great chance, pogba with a good shot, zlatan hitting the post, a few great saves from Romero, and Fellani who is probably one of my favourite players played quite well when he came on.

Loved the eccentric nature of it with the subs and bannana and even Joses interview, I just really enjoyed the game tonight.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    In the big apple so missed the match..how we do??

1 bananna to 0 banannas, Pogs injured, Fellaini channeled his inner Messi Romero is the 2nd best goalie in the league Rashford I hear is still standing on the sideline

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bandage

Another dull and uninspiring Manchester United display.

Fcuking big shot.

You aren't impressing anyone.

:mad:

:pac:

Pedestrian performance, functional but uninspiring.

Bandage wrote: »

Does it hurt?

Show off... Next you be telling us you have the wife with ya.

Does it hurt?

Not even a tiny bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Fcuking big shot.

You aren't impressing anyone.

:mad:

:pac:

Pedestrian performance, functional but uninspiring.

It's his local in Tallaght!

Tallaght and New York all the same really:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

We seem to be getting worse as the season goes on. When's the last time we had a decent performance? I honestly can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Keano giving Jose stick and rightly so, man up lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

**** match **** performance. Only Valencia played any ways well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Robson99 wrote: »
    **** match **** performance. Only Valencia played any ways well.

Ah here. The keeper was great and fellaini was excellent when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Keane talking through his hole on ITV but it's what he's paid to do, try to cause controversy over a routine home 2nd leg. Feck knows what Hoddle is paid to do, he doesn't have any idea himself.

Based on highlights (yeah, yeah, I know) we didn't seem too bad at all tonight. Created lots of chances (as usual :p) didn't convert them through a combination of bad luck (woodwork hit again), some bad choices - shooting when a better placed player was available, some good saves and at least one decent penalty shout which was of course totally ignored as usual. Dominated possession and controlled the game, didn't score until later on but didn't need to score at all, so *shrug* job done, no sending offs, no suspensions, hope the injuries are minor and we're ready for Sunday.

Jose does have a point though about scheduling, never a Monday game when we need one and when we get Sunday it's a fecking noon kickoff.

Scrap the cap!

Lads we can all relax, Bastian just retweeted something a few hours ago, phew he had me worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I thought we were good tonight. Disciplined, created loads against 10 men behind the ball, gave up no chances and the goal was always coming. Huge result and onwards and upwards. Hope we get OL next round.

Keane talking through his hole on ITV but it's what he's paid to do, try to cause controversy over a routine home 2nd leg. Feck knows what Hoddle is paid to do, he doesn't have any idea himself.

Based on highlights (yeah, yeah, I know) we didn't seem too bad at all tonight. Created lots of chances (as usual :p) didn't convert them through a combination of bad luck (woodwork hit again), some bad choices - shooting when a better placed player was available, some good saves and at least one decent penalty shout which was of course totally ignored as usual. Dominated possession and controlled the game, didn't score until later on but didn't need to score at all, so *shrug* job done, no sending offs, no suspensions, hope the injuries are minor and we're ready for Sunday.

Jose does have a point though about scheduling, never a Monday game when we need one and when we get Sunday it's a fecking noon kickoff.

I actually watched the entire game live and I disagree completely with your conclusions derived from (brief?) highlights. It was another dour and insipid display. No free flowing football and the tie, against an unheralded and very limited side, was in the balance until the bitter end. My view was that Manchester United didn't score until relatively late on because it was a challenge for them and they weren't playing well at all, rather than any strategy being in force.

So I missed Banana Boogaloo, Radioactive Rojo, Pass the Potassium Pronto, all of it live. Damn.

I haven't time to watch the full match now, but the highlights were...scarce. Still, it was nice to see Romero make some good saves, one in particular was a worldie.

I know that he could be getting a starting place elsewhere, but for a sub keeper to a fit DDG he hasn't had the most destitute of seasons. Have to commend him for taking his chances, but also Mourinho for giving them to him and not just using Romero in an 'in case of emergency, break glass' fashion. And do you ever here him complain? I don't even know what the chap sounds like! We're quite lucky to have him.

Oh, I also missed this...

https://gfycat.com/BelatedDetailedAmazontreeboa

What the fúck Fellaini? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Solid but unimpressive last night, again never looking like they were going to put the opposition to the sword despite having the ball most of the game.

If on the off chance De Gea leaves in the summer, what would be the feeling on making Romero no 1?
    He hasn't done much wrong in any game he's played this year, albeit against no top teams.
    I'd give him a chance for a season.

Fellaini showed why is a very handy squad player to have.

• Advertisement

20170317_091211.png

Busy end of season and two games to fit in them dates we will be playing easily 2 games a week if we progress next round of Europa league.

Between Burnley and Swansea one game and before the Palace game the second id assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Based on highlights (yeah, yeah, I know) we didn't seem too bad at all tonight.
    I thought we were good tonight.

No. We were poor tonight just like we have been poor in recent games.

People keep looking at these ****ty performances as if they are happening in isolation, as if the odd flat draw here and there is no big deal. But they aren't happening in isolation, they are happening again and again and people should be worried about it.

I saw the same mentality in this forum under Van Gaal for a long time, we would get some results and so everything was ok despite the performances being shocking. But its the performances that matter in the long run and no, our performance at home against mighty Rostov was not good enough. I have been praising Mourinho all season and think he is extremely unlucky to still be stuck in sixth, but you have to call a spade a spade and we are definitely not playing well at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

20170317_091211.png

Busy end of season and two games to fit in them dates we will be playing easily 2 games a week if we progress next round of Europa league.

Between Burnley and Swansea one game and before the Palace game the second id assume.

Just as it should be expected at United, with our history of doubles , treble.
    As regards Keane, he wore the t-shirt many a time and led by example, often putting club before himself..a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Fergie complained about the fixture congestion all the time and in Keanes time at the club we only ever had Arsenal as serious opposition on a constant basis. No Thursday night football either. As for the opposition last night didn't they beat Bayern Munich is he group stages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

List of potential teams utd could fance in the Europa league now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Europa League Last 8: Celta Vigo, Schalke, Man Utd, Lyon, Anderlecht, Genk, Beşiktaş, Ajax

20170317_091211.png

April is fcuking insane, 9 games in 30 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Bandage wrote: »

And yet you watched it as indeed it seems you watch all Uniteds games so you can comment negatively about them here. Why put yourself through it dude? You're a trooper!

April is fcuking insane, 9 games in 30 days.

Have we ever had that many games in one month???? That fixture list is ridiculous.

Hopefully a lot of players can rest over the International break and not pick up injuries

• adox wrote: »
    It's his local in Tallaght!

Some local alright ;)

35Ftcmb.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement