Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    I'm in a minority of one so who thinks we will win tomorrow.

Middles will park the bus, against a tired team without three core first teamers. I have zero faith in us tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

I actually think for once all this negativity might be a good thing when we romp home 4-1 winners tomorrow there will be an all night party :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

After getting myself into a mess have to bring the wife up to Newbridge shopping center tomorrow so may find somewhere to watch the game. Anyone know the area somewhere be open for 12?? I might just bring the tablet and stream it from iptv if it's easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

jayo26 wrote: »
    After getting myself into a mess have to bring the wife up to Newbridge shopping center tomorrow so may find somewhere to watch the game. Anyone know the area somewhere be open for 12?? I might just bring the tablet and stream it from iptv if it's easier.

Judge Roy Beans directly opposite front entrance to shopping centre opens at 12. Didn't think Utd was on TV, so not sure they have it.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Judge Roy Beans directly opposite front entrance to shopping centre opens at 12. Didn't think Utd was on TV, so not sure they have it.

Its on bt sport at 12 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Its on bt sport at 12 ;)

Your laughing so. Food is actually decent in there so that's a good excuse for her to join when shopping is over.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Your laughing so. Food is actually decent in there so that's a good excuse for her to join when shopping is over.

Nice one mate thanks for that much appreciated ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nice one mate thanks for that much appreciated ;)

Send her in to Penneys around the time of kick off,you won't see her for 2 hours,trust me,I went through the same experience up there last weekend.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

zerks wrote: »
    Send her in to Penneys around the time of kick off,you won't see her for 2 hours,trust me,I went through the same experience up there last weekend.:p

As your wan says.

With a wheel barrow. Not one of them small baskets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Middles will park the bus, against a tired team without three core first teamers. I have zero faith in us tomorrow.

I still think we will beat them. A midfield three of perhaps Carrick Fellaini with Miki or Mata ahead of them.

Martial and Miki or Mata outwide with Rashford up front. Lingard also an option for a wide place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

How is Mourihnos relationship with Lukaku, Is there any bad blood between them? Refused to sign a new contract, would love to get him next season. Looking north of 60 million anyways to get him. Maybe ship Rooney the other way, kill two birds with one stone. Ah one can dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Makes sense really doesn't it? Lukaku would be a good fit for us and Koeman has said already he'd like to have Rooney.

How is Mourihnos relationship with Lukaku, Is there any bad blood between them? Refused to sign a new contract, would love to get him next season. Looking north of 60 million anyways to get him. Maybe ship Rooney the other way, kill two birds with one stone. Ah one can dream.

Lukaku spent last summer batting eyelids at Jose, saying that even when he left Chelsea, Jose completely understood and was very good to him.

If we don't get CL football, there's no chance we will get him. If we do, I wouldn't be shocked at all if we go after him aggressively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No confidence in getting a win tomorrow unfortunately.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah. Financial decision mostly. Have a thread in both the Apple and android forum about it if you are interested.

Going for a oneplus3t or as I am calling it today the 3-1 :D :eek:

Sailfish OS for the win (look it up)

The mrs has a recent Android (but she already had a Gmail account so she's pwned by Google already, so has no privacy left to defend) and I have a work iPhone. iOS is easily the suckiest operating system I've ever used on any device, it's just horrible in terms of usability and makes very poor use of the decent hardware it runs on. My Jolla, a dual core 4 year old design runs rings around it.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Boro double chance 6/5. I have no qualms backing against United and with our tendency to bottle every given chance in the league, that's too good to turn down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »

Martial, Rashford, Miki, Fellaini,Lingard ,Carrick , Bailly and Shaw should all be fresh.

Looking forward to seeing how we cope without Pogba & Herrera.

beno619 wrote: »
    Martial, Rashford, Miki, Fellaini,Lingard ,Carrick , Bailly and Shaw should all be fresh.

Looking forward to seeing how we cope without Pogba & Herrera.

More Herrera than Pogba with his current form.

We should have plenty of pace in the team except the centre of midfield which will be a concern(when isn't it a concern no matter who is playing).

A midfield two of say Carrick Fellaini could be more than accomadated though if they are surrounded by pace. Play Shaw with Smalling Bailly and Valencia and we have a very mobile back four with two very fast full backs, Martial out wide with Miki at the top of the midfield and Rashford up front and you have bags of pace throughout. Mata from the right or even Lingard for one of our fastest overall teams.

A certain app is available for Android only too.;)

A lot of the MOB here know about this DROid only app. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Would really set the table up nicely before the international break if we could win today. Like many on here, I'm not overly confident and can see a dour low scoring game. Just hoping we can nick a 1-0. Worried about a midfield of Fellani/Carrick. Would love to see TFM get a run but that is highly unlikely. Is Martial fit? Time for him to step up this season if he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I've never been an absolute fan of Lukaku but never disliked him in any way. But the more and more I see him I think we should be looking to get him for next season. Zlatan would have to leave unfortunately for it to work, as both will want to play every game up front. Lukaku looks like he could handle the lone striker roll which Jose likes to play. Id still like us to bring in Griezmann to play in one of the 3 positions behind Lukaku but I don't think it's a priority anymore.

Lukaku can be incredibly lazy at times.I saw Daley Blind school him at OT when everyone thought Lukaku would bully him out of the game,after the first 2 times Blind took the ball off him he basically gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

This tickled me.

Lukaku can be incredibly lazy at times.I saw Daley Blind school him at OT when everyone thought Lukaku would bully him out of the game,after the first 2 times Blind took the ball off him he basically gave up.

Thats true but I think it's been his biggest difference this season is his work rate he is alot better under koeman.

I would absolutely take him over just about any center forward at the moment. Taking age and goals into account would we get better?

The "500th chance to capitalise" match thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102959064#post102959064

Thats true but I think it's been his biggest difference this season is his work rate he is alot better under koeman.

I would absolutely take him over just about any center forward at the moment. Taking age and goals into account would we get better?

We definitely wouldn't get better. I personally think there is better players but they are not available to us. Lukaku is heading toward last year of contract territory so a large fair sum would get him.

Going above Arsenal, considering the season we are having, would be hilarious :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

De gea
    Baily
    Jones
    Smalling
    Fellani
    Carrick
    Mata
    Young
    Valencia
    Jesse
    Rashford

Certainly less confident with that selection. Still trying to figure out how it will line up.

Certainly less confident with that selection. Still trying to figure out how it will line up.

3 at cb.
    Young and Val at fb
    Carrick and fellaini sitting
    Mata and the two young lads up top.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    3 at cb.
    Young and Val at fb
    Carrick and fellaini sitting
    Mata and the two young lads up top.

Possibly or could still be a flat back four with a three in the middle of Carrick Jones and Fellaini.

I really don't see the need to change to three at the back this late in the season.

Possibly or could still be a flat back four with a three in the middle of Carrick Jones and Fellaini.

I really don't see the need to change to three at the back this late in the season.

I'd have said 4 too but for the fact we played 3/5 against Chelsea.

I'd agree that we shouldn't be changing formations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I personally think Shaw would be great In this formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

very strange line up that, martial, mkhitarayan and shaw all on the bench!!

I like the formation change. I think it shows the manager is trying something new and isn't stubborn in his ways.

Some would say it shows he doesn't know his best formation but I think that's nonsense.

I'm watching the build up on MUTV,Dinny and May starting to sweat in the heat of the far east.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

0-0 at 10/1 is printing money

bangkok wrote: »
    very strange line up that, martial, mkhitarayan and shaw all on the bench!!

Mkhi doesn't surprise me; I'm guessing he's resting him after the midweek game, and will throw him on later in it.

Martial, I thought would start.

Shaw doesn't shock me either. There's obviously been an issue there for months, and Shaw will be first one out the door come summer. You can moan about potential or whatever, but the reports are his attitude stinks and Jose won't stand for that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Fellaini hattrick incoming.

• Advertisement

200th United appearance for Valencia today.

Not sure why you are all expecting a 0-0. I bet we score 3 today. Just hope we don't let 3 or more in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wish Karanka was still there. Always the fear the players will up their game by about 30% now

I expect Boro to attack. New beginning for them and all that. Reckon they will go for it. Rashford will get space to run into and hopefully score.

I'm great at pre match blind optimism. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ScummyMan wrote: »
    0-0 at 10/1 is printing money

Don't back that.
    No goalscorer is usually the same price but if someone scores a og you still win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

0-4 utd you heard it here first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Nothing says F you to the premier league than fielding a weekend team.

Cant see us winning with that starting 11. Only hope is for Boro to get tired and then unleash Miki and Martial on them.

I know its due to suspensions but it seems weaker than what it could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

200th United appearance for Valencia today.

and his first ever bad touch :pac:

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Nothing says F you to the premier league than fielding a weekend team.

Cant see us winning with that starting 11. Only hope is for Boro to get tired and then unleash Miki and Martial on them.

I know its due to suspensions but it seems weaker than what it could be.

Or a third game in 6 days?

• I'm not surprised martial is on the bench. He's been ****e most of the season
    I'm actually happy with that team, miki to come off the bench later
    Now to find a pub that has this at 8.30am......

Would have loved Rashford to stick that in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement