Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Korat wrote: »
    At this moment CL qualification is in the hands of Chelsea, Spurs, City and Utd. Anyone else is relying on one of them to drop points. :)

How Liverpool and Arsenal have lost control of their destiny is beyond me because Utd have been pretty meh in 2017 so far.

That's not true, I don't know about Liverpool, but Arsenals destiny is still in their own hands. Arsenal still have to play Man Utd, Man City and Spurs. So it's still in their hands regardless. Obviously Arsenal are in free fall at the moment, but things can change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

West Brom will be a very difficult game.

I wouldn't be getting​ my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

That's not true, I don't know about Liverpool, but Arsenals destiny is still in their own hands. Arsenal still have to play Man Utd, Man City and Spurs. So it's still in their hands regardless. Obviously Arsenal are in free fall at the moment, but things can change.

I stand corrected. They need a change of momentum quickly though. I'm not worried about Utd playing them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I stand corrected. They need a change of momentum quickly though. I'm not worried about Utd playing them anyway.

Yeah I agree, nobody would be worried playing Arsenal at the moment. Comfortable win for any competent side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

We have 11 games left in the league

5 are at OT including the next two.

6 of the last 9 are away, tough ask especially still playing in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Considering our home form this season, compounded by the amount of draws in the last 7 games, having away games to finish the season may be no bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Merseyside Derby next for Liverpool and City are away to Arsenal while we have WBA at home.
    City's upcoming fixtures aren't nice for them but great for us.

beno619 wrote: »
    West Brom will be a very difficult game.

I wouldn't be getting​ my hopes up.

Have Moyes and LVG come back? Have some damn optimism man!!

Next 5 league games:

Man United:
    West Brom
    Everton
    Sunderland (A)
    Chelsea
    Burnley (A)

Liverpool:
    Everton
    Bournemouth
    Stoke (A)
    West Brom (A)
    Crystal Palace

Arsenal:
    Man City
    West Ham
    Crystal Palace (A)
    Middlesbrough (A)
    Tottenham (A)

Tottenham:
    Burnley (A)
    Swansea City (A)
    Watford
    Bournemouth
    Arsenal

Man City:
    Arsenal (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Hull City
    Southampton (A)
    Middlesbrough (A)

Chelsea:
    Crystal Palace
    Manchester City
    Bournemouth (A)
    Manchester United (A)
    Everton (A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Liverpool could and probably will take 12 or 13 points there... Unfortunately..
    City's not the most attractive looking either.. Possible loss of their next 2 would drag them back to us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Liverpool could and probably will take 12 or 13 points there... Unfortunately..
    City's not the most attractive looking either.. Possible loss of their next 2 would drag them back to us...

They could take 12 or 13 points, or they could stay true to form against the bottom three quarters of the league and **** up there either. Their style hurts them more than it helps them against the weaker teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

zerks wrote: »
    Have Moyes and LVG come back? Have some damn optimism man!!

I'm an optimist but it'll be a tough game.

Considering the silly points we've dropped to inferior opposition it's not a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, if it has apologies for doing a Zerks, but today's win was United's record 600th in the Premier League.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been mentioned already, if it has apologies for doing a Zerks, but today's win was United's record 600th in the Premier League.

Have City even played 600 PL games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Have City even played 600 PL games?

734 before start of season, so 762 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think I would take more satisfaction out of being ahead of City more then Pool at end of season if we overtook both.

Still would give them more of chance with fixtures left but today opened the door a little anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Valencia's goal was class, in that it was a goal that he created by being persistent, he created his own luck by being there when Valdes slipped.
    United need the players to never give up, it can help create luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There was arguments made over the summer that he benefited massively from LVG's ultra-negative systems, that were massively dismissed by a lot of people. But when I see how he has "regressed" this season, I can't help but feel that way again.

Yet the criticism I have heard has been that when we go ultra defensive/negative, is when he has been poor. Can't really be both can it?

I think inviting pressure the way we do at times is going to cause players to make silly errors at times, I think changing to an unfamiliar system is only going to increase the potential for defenders to make errors.

All of them take their turn, Bailly wasn't good today, usually Jones is good for a bit of criticism, Rojo has had it all year, invite pressure and you take your chances.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR1owKKh9Bc/

Nice to see pogba enjoying his rest anyway ;) should be well fresh for WBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hamstring can't be in that bad a condition

• Advertisement

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hamstring can't be in that bad a condition

Wouldn't think so but he is out of the French squad so that can only be good for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

jayo26 wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BR1owKKh9Bc/

Nice to see pogba enjoying his rest anyway ;) should be well fresh for WBA.

christ on a bike, has he really got a Pogba Scarf in front of his TV and a Pogbe plaque by the side of it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

scudzilla wrote: »
    christ on a bike, has he really got a Pogba Scarf in front of his TV and a Pogbe plaque by the side of it :pac::pac::pac:

The scarf is in Dutch, it's his brother Mathias who plays for Sparta Rotterdam that's referring to, its one of their chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I don't like Pogbas silly videos sometimes

scudzilla wrote: »

And the plaque you refer to is his fifa ultimate team card :):)

Now that we actually made up some ground I'd love us to be playing this week but maybe the break is a blessing in disguise. A few players with knocks will probably stay in Manchester and get treatment.

Now that we actually made up some ground I'd love us to be playing this week but maybe the break is a blessing in disguise. A few players with knocks will probably stay in Manchester and get treatment.

Have ander and mata been called up for Spain? Would be great to get as many rested as possible.

https://vid.me/7PuF

The steward leading him back to the fans and suddenly he gets rugby tackled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol brilliant

A tad late :D

Headshot wrote: »
    lol brilliant

A tad late :D

Smalling gave him a shout out on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

In other uplifting news, it seems like Wenger might stay so we can keep the Arsenal fan tv subscriptions going for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Just wondering what happens to these guys? (Not this guy in particular but pitch invaders in general). Are they charged and taken away by police to spend a few hours in jail or is it typically they are just ejected from the stadium?

Unearthly wrote: »
    In other uplifting news, it seems like Wenger might stay so we can keep the Arsenal fan tv subscriptions going for a while

There will be blud spilt over this fam,the banners aren't going away fam.:)

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just wondering what happens to these guys? Are they charged and taken away by police to spend a few hours in jail or is it typically they are just ejected from the stadium?

You can get a national stadium ban but you can appeal.There was no malice in what he did so he might get lucky.

Hope this is it because just bought it on Aliexpress

Ordered it on Shootjerseys. For €18 I said feck it,why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Manchester derby set for Thursday 27th April at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

paulie21 wrote: »

WTF?? Why a Thursday??? Don't think Jose will be happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

WTF?? Why a Thursday??? Don't think Jose will be happy with that

Man City play Arsenal in fa cup Sunday before it. Talk that man city wouldn't agree to play Tuesday or Wednesday Incase it went to extra time and penalties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR2zRsVBSI_/

Fergie is back for Carricks testimonial, I think if might be a really nice day to go over.

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »

What you doing stealing my old news? :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BR2zRsVBSI_/

Fergie is back for Carricks testimonial, I think if might be a really nice day to go over.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/843764562314825728

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

A back six was played for large parts of yesterday's game - I seem to recall LVG and Moyes getting dogs abuse for their football but Mourinho seems to be getting a free pass after spending ridiculous money. Are fans happy with how Utd are playing ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vanolder wrote: »
    A back six was played for large parts of yesterday's game - I seem to recall LVG and Moyes getting dogs abuse for their football but Mourinho seems to be getting a free pass after spending ridiculous money. Are fans happy with how Utd are playing ?

LVG and Moyes started with a back six. Jose resorted to one.

Context is key. The football was great before we went into a dreadful run of games (in terms of quantity), and yesterday was an example of a wrecked team that was missing a few first teamers doing what was nessecary to grind out a result.

Wouldn't be happy if it became the default. No real hassle when it's as a result of numerous games stacking up.

Jose also gets a "free pass" because he's already delivered one trophy this season, is on track to get a second (a European at that), has had us playing good football for the majority of the season, is 18 matches unbeaten in the league, and is actually doing better than LVG and Moyes did in terms of points (albeit not nessecarily in terms of league position).

"Context" is the word of the day, folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Can't speak for all the fans but I'm not happy, its better then under Moyes or LVG but still not good enough IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ha. Yeah its that simple. Mourinho out! Lets get Arsene Wenger in, he would never play 6 defenders, that should keep us all happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Lord TSC wrote: »
    LVG and Moyes started with a back six. Jose resorted to one.

Context is key. The football was great before we went into a dreadful run of games (in terms of quantity), and yesterday was an example of a wrecked team that was missing a few first teamers doing what was nessecary to grind out a result.

Wouldn't be happy if it became the default. No real hassle when it's as a result of numerous games stacking up.

Jose also gets a "free pass" because he's already delivered one trophy this season, is on track to get a second (a European at that), has had us playing good football for the majority of the season, is 18 matches unbeaten in the league, and is actually doing better than LVG and Moyes did in terms of points (albeit not nessecarily in terms of league position).

"Context" is the word of the day, folks.

You're buying into the fixtures congestion line :D - A lovely excuse to take away from the standard of football being played. they've been horrible to watch for months now and extremely defensive .. But whatever, just find the double standards amusing.

Last 15 minutes of back six I recall and it was a tactical change after Boro realised they had nothing to loose so threw everything at our defence.

The alternative is be like Wenger and attack every team until the opposition realise to get around it but still try attack and start loosing?

Or be like pep and concede goals hoping you score more?

Or be like pool and press teams until they learn you can't press when you have the ball so you don't have a plan B?

We won 3_1 yesterday and jose again showed willingness to change it up to secure a win.

Im much more happy with how we are going then alot of our rivals, so far it looks like we won't be beaten on tactics but could be on fatigue but that's the price you pay.

Jose's doing a fantastic job. He's upsetting all the right people as far as I'm concerned. I hope fans of other teams are spitting razor blades about how Utd play by the end of the season.

Jose's doing a fantastic job. He's upsetting all the right people as far as I'm concerned. I hope fans of other teams are spitting razor blades about how Utd play by the end of the season.

He must be doing something right when it's disturbing them how we are playing despite there own teams results not been anyway better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement