Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm just gonna put this out there, Smalling was not the main fault for their goal. He was wrong footed by a dropping ball when off balance, his was the last boo boo after the awful attempted clearances by Jones and Bailly which kept us under pressure and the ball bouncing around our 6yard box like a pinball.

Ya and Jones had slipped in the build up to it too losing a chance to clear the ball before it went into the mixer. I was blaming him more for it that Smalling.

JOnes looked like he was playing on a different surface to everyone yesterday. Must have slipped about 3 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Doesn't matter lads. We won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR1sDpjFhR2/

Anyone else love this? ;)

He is so disrespectful and classless love it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

billyhead wrote: »
    The latest quotes from Antoine Greizmann don't sound too promising in terms of him signing this summer. Also the fact that Athletico have a transfer ban would look like they wont sell until Summer 2018.

The latter part won't matter. He has a release clause, and we have cash. If he wants to go, they can't stop him.

Now, if he doesn't want to go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The latter part won't matter. He has a release clause, and we have cash. If he wants to go, they can't stop him.

Now, if he doesn't want to go....

I think he wants to go but we have cooled our interest and the big name we bring in this summer will be Lukaku.. I reckon a FB DM and Lukaku will be our business

• Advertisement

If we are signing Lukaku it makes the Zlantan going thing more likely except we will let him go on his terms no room for both as neither will play 2nd fiddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

v3ttel wrote: »
    Vanolder, with this nonsense you are really spoiling us.

Bandwagoners.

Barstoolers.

Definitely something that "grinds the gears"

WE ARE LIVERPOOL TRA LA LA

Top two.

No, comfortably top three.

In the driving seat for 4th, baby!

The man who bites, dives & cheats is nicest guy in football.

But Mourinho is the worst person ever.

Something we finally agree on.

No matter how much you dislike United, you should at least try to build some sort of credible case rather than coming in here and treating the thread (and others) as your vomit bag.

In general, the standard of football has been a massive improvement on what was served up by LVG and Moyes. In the first 18 games this season, we (yes, I said we, deal with it) had 296 shots, compared to 142 last season. That's 16 shots per game on average for a "horrible" and "extremely defensive" team.

Its like watching Matt Damon in good will hunting.

BOW

I agree there is room for Griezman but if Zlatan stays Lukaku aint an option.

I think the problem with Griezman is he won't do what ander did and say he wants to leave?? I'd assume his buyout clause is the same he has to trigger that himself and Griezman is still loyal to Madrid so will only go if they want to accept a bid? Or maybe he just won't decide until see if they qualify for champions league or not.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I agree there is room for Griezman but if Zlatan stays Lukaku aint an option.

I think the problem with Griezman is he won't do what ander did and say he wants to leave?? I'd assume his buyout clause is the same he has to trigger that himself and Griezman is still loyal to Madrid so will only go if they want to accept a bid? Or maybe he just won't decide until see if they qualify for champions league or not.

Didn't something change in Spain that makes the Buyout clause all you have to pay now.. it used to be done like he has to deposit the sum and the tax has to be paid then.. pretty sure it I read it changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

astradave wrote: »
    Didn't something change in Spain that makes the Buyout clause all you have to pay now.. it used to be done like he has to deposit the sum and the tax has to be paid then.. pretty sure it I read it changed

No longer need to pay the vat on top of the fee

http://www.cityam.com/252013/recent-change-spains-tax-laws-could-make-buying-liga-manchester-united

• Advertisement

Jesus, are we gonna have to sit through another Summer of release clause and spanish tax debates. All we need is a debate about agents fees and we have the holy trinity of transfer waffle.

If that's the case then I'd rather leave Griezmann where he is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The nature of the release clause is that if it's going to happen, it will happen quick. If we don't see it within a few weeks of the window opening, then it's not happening.

Jose also seems to like to get his business done very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just reading through, and someone getting V3ttel'd, glorious, take a bow son..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, when a user gets banned, I'd rather people don't post about them, ask questions of them, etc etc.

So can we move on from the Vanholder stuff please and thanks.

My bad. I honestly didn't realise he was banned.

v3ttel wrote: »
    My bad. I honestly didn't realise he was banned.

You didn't care you just wanted thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

If it's a choice between signing Lukaku or keeping Zlatan, then obviously Zlatan would ha e to leave. Would be great if he was willing to stay and offer his experience to Lukaku and Rashford but we'd need to look to the future.

The Griezmann stories don't sound too promising lately so that's maybe not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I have to say I'm confused lads, I thought Griezmann was a done deal? Was his brother not tweeting constantly about Utd?

I have to say I'm confused lads, I thought Griezmann was a done deal? Was his brother not tweeting constantly about Utd?

In fantasy land with us it's done deal but probably totally never gonna happen.

His brother and himself are massive united fans thats why he is tweeting even Griezmann himself tweets the odd time he is watching a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

In fantasy land with us it's done deal but probably totally never gonna happen.

His brother and himself are massive united fans thats why he is tweeting even Griezmann himself tweets the odd time he is watching a game.

I saw loads of starting XI's on here for next season with Griezmann too, I just can't make head nor tail of it.

I saw loads of starting XI's on here for next season with Griezmann too, I just can't make head nor tail of it.

And? I don't think it's that confusing really? People put him in a starting xi they would like to see next season?

As I said alot of us in the thread in our little fantasy world the deal would happen im sure it happens in all threads no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We all got ahead of ourselves before Christmas but the deal looks less likely since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I remember last summer, when the line was "pfft why would Pogba and Ibra sign for United"

Good to see they are starting up early, bodes well for the coming window.

Yes you can. Don't go down that road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yes you can. Don't go down that road.

It is literally the only road he is ever interested in going down in this thread.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Schweinsteiger
    “Throughout my career, I’ve always sought opportunities where I hoped to make a positive impact and to help make something great,” Schweinsteiger said in a statement via the club. “My move to Chicago Fire is no different. Through my conversations with Nelson and Pauno, I'm convinced by the club’s vision and philosophy and I want to help them with this project.”

Manager:
    Schweinsteiger, 32, comes to Chicago as only the second reigning World Cup champion to move to MLS. He could join coach Veljko Paunovic’s team by the middle of next week, depending on his P1 visa application and a physical.

“We’re adding someone who has won at every level, including the very highest levels, and has done so in a way that is consistent with our values,” Fire general manager Nelson Rodriguez said. “We as a club will now be forced to hold ourselves to a higher standard, an accountability level. Previously, I think we could satisfy ourselves with what is known domestically. Now we need to rise to a standard that is set more internationally.”

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/844029206187118592

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Makes me sad. Deserved more playing time this season. Seemed to put a real effort into his fitness. Fairplay to sticking to his guns about United and Bayern being the only European teams he'd play for too.

One of my favourite players ever, absolutely world class in the 2010 WC and 2012 Euros despite Germany not quite being at his level yet. Got his reward in 2014 though.

Will hopefully shine in America.

It's like tag teams in this place.. one gets banned and the next one moves in..

Sad to see Schweinsteiger go, but it needed to happen after the stuff that was coming out about him last season. He showed the young lads this year that if you fall out of favour with Jose and knuckle down and want to play that there is always a chance of getting back in the fold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He should have left last summer.
    No attachment to him at all at Utd. Still skeptical about him missing the last couple of months of a season to be miraculously fit for Germany for a major tournament. Never looked fit to me. Was a gamble worth taking at the time but certainly did t work out.

A legend of the game but from a Utd point of view a non entity and certainly won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The retirement home he was ultimately after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well deserved post of the day for v3ttel.

As for the other lad, he exiled himself from the super thread of the team he supports so he has to get his rocks off somewhere else, here is as good as any if you are that way inclined I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I loved when we signed Schweinsteiger but sort of glad Jose is ruthless when it comes to clear out. We will end up with small but quality squad. With Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Depay and Rooney (will be gone in the summer) we have saved around 640K in wages, that 34 million. 640K on the players we barely used.

Should have got more chances this season but didn't. Hopefully he has few years left in tank and performs well in MLS.

Also that surely means Carrick will get extension? As of now we have Carrick, Herrera, Pobga, Fellaini as our midfielders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hopefully some of the first 11 get a rest and don't play for the national sides this weekend. 2 weeks off with little travel is a lot better than 3 games in a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Summer 2015 looked like one of the best transfer windows on paper but ultimately was a disaster. Even the best by far (Martial) is now struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Bye bye li'l bastian

No more Schmidfield both gone some let down ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not been used this season so no real loss.

Still, an against what I have literally just this second said, I am surprised United have allowed Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Depay leave without replacing any of them given the workload we face over the remainder of the season. I think Mourinho's use of the squad this season has been poor and has contributed massively to the fatigue issues at the moment.

Shaw, Fosu-Mensah, Blind - as well as Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Depay could have been used far better this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

astradave wrote: »
    He showed the young lads this year that if you fall out of favour with Jose and knuckle down and want to play that there is always a chance of getting back in the fold.

But he was never back in the fold? Not in any meaningful sense anyway and I would bet that those at the club day to day knew it full well.

I said in January that despite his cameo I still didn't think he was in Jose's plans and this has proven to be the case, but I have to admit I'm very surprised that he hasn't been used at all since considering the demands being put on our squad.

If anything it shows that once you are out, you are out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

And more pictures of the home jersey, looking this will def be it

201718ii.jpg

201718i-copy.jpg

201718-copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Simple and red.

I like it

• Advertisement

Sky sources: Westham intrested in signing rooney if united allow him to leave in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Only saw that we we went ahead of Arsenal, no idea how Wenger can still be there, same stuff every season.

Our run in doesn't look great, probably best to put all our eggs in the Europa league basket and hope we don't do a Klopp on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Is Schweinsteiger gone now or is the move happening at the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Only saw that we we went ahead of Arsenal, no idea how Wenger can still be there, same stuff every season.

Our run in doesn't look great, probably best to put all our eggs in the Europa league basket and hope we don't do a Klopp on it.

Its interesting with Wenger what way he stands, is he trying but the owners not allowing to spenf, is he trying to go out on top (win the pl and walk away) or is it a case of he is just cashing a cheque at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Relax, Spurs will implode and finish 6th as will Pool and normal order will be restored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sky sources: Westham intrested in signing rooney if united allow him to leave in the summer.

About his level at this stage,I could never see him going abroad. Himself and Colleen are home birds and London would be about the limit.

zerks wrote: »
    About his level at this stage,I could never see him going abroad. Himself and Colleen are home birds and London would be about the limit.

Yeh I'd agree just as long as it dont cost united anything. I'd be sickened to see him moving to Westham and be subsidised by united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The romantic in me would like to see Rooney win a Europa League medal and rejoin Everton, his boyhood club, having won everything there is to win in the club game with Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Is Schweinsteiger gone now or is the move happening at the end of the season?

Contract apparently paid up and move is subject to medical and visa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Yeh I'd agree just as long as it dont cost united anything. I'd be sickened to see him moving to Westham and be subsidised by united.

Any deal where the club is expected to subsidise Rooney's contract is a non runner.

He might as well be on the bench if were paying half his wages.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement