Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Personally think it's another Ramos situation with Neymar but I have my doubt's he would take to the PL.

He's very brittle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I be shocked if we spent more then £100m this summer.

We should get 2 or 3 players in. Of course it depends who leaves too. Can see max of 4 players coming though

More than £100 million? I'd be shocked if we spend less than that.

We sold players and will further reduce the wage bill in the Summer, so if ever United were going to spend big it's this Summer. If we make the Champions League I reckon we are buying Griezmann to start at £85 million. If Zlatan leaves we might buy Lukaku at around £55 million. And we haven't even touched the defense or midfield.

Be prepared to be shocked Kew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Headshot wrote: »
    Personally think it's another Ramos situation with Neymar but I have my doubt's he would take to the PL.

He's very brittle.

Neymar brittle?? Next time Barca play athletico have a look at that game.

he is far from brittle, he likes a dive and to play act but he is a class player well able for the punishment he receives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He's very brittle.

I think the brittle idea was disproved long ago isn't he one of the most kicked players in la Liga.

I'd say he would be well able for the prem I just don't see it every happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really? I'd imagine, be it Griezzman or Lukaku or someone else, we'll clear 60m on a striker alone. I'd say we'll clear 150m without blinking...

Fair enough although I think striker in around 50ish with 2 other players I still think we wont be going huge overboard.

• Advertisement

I reckon we will buy an english player this window too so unless we get someone cheap because of contract issues I think we'll be paying the English tax.

Alderweild, Fabinho, Greizmann would be a fantastic summer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GSPfan wrote: »
    I reckon we will buy an english player this window too so unless we get someone cheap because of contract issues I think we'll be paying the English tax.

I could see something happening with Spurs, though don't know who; Kane, Alli, Rose, Walker, Dier...I could see us being seriously linked to at least one (especially if talks of Poch to Barca are true, pls pls).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I could see something happening with Spurs, though don't know who; Kane, Alli, Rose, Walker, Dier...I could see us being seriously linked to at least one (especially if talks of Poch to Barca are true, pls pls).

And Moyes to Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

beno619 wrote: »
    He's on a completely different stratosphere to Memphis as far as pure ability though.

A bona fide match winner, I have no doubt he'd light up the premier league.

I wouldn't claim pure ability to be that far apart. What you are calling far apart is their actual productiveness to the team in question. Memphis is an outragously talented footballer, his talent is not the problem. Neymar has adapted to Spain and Barcalona well which is great. But Spain is hardly a massive climate change for him. Barcalona are a big club that sleepwalk many games in a season, have immense talent around the pitch and he is not the sole point of productivity or creativity in that team. The environment in United would be drastically different and a big test.

It's the assumptions of players being able to just walk into any environment and dominate that has skewed Paul Pogba already, and consistently leads to unrealistic expectations for new signings.

• Advertisement

If FM has taught me anything, its that we're bidding 200m to pay over 5 years, so no biggy :P

I don't think it will happen, but I am interested to see what our "warchest" will be this summer. You'd imagine we're going to see the shifting of an insane amount of wages; Bastian was apparently on 200k a week, Rooney is likely gone with his 250k a week. I wouldn't be shocked if Ibra decided to move on too. Depending on what sales happen, if we get back into CL football....I could see Jose spending an absolute fortune this summer.

Remember those posts I had in the FM thread about my United team, lots of those players popping up in various "talent lists" and big links for the summer.

Tielmanns, Balloti and Bernadeschi. Buy Memphis back and him not being **** and it's on! Oh and Dembele from Dortmund :D

I be shocked if we spent more then £100m this summer.

We should get 2 or 3 players in. Of course it depends who leaves too. Can see max of 4 players coming though

Could easily see £150m.

CB, DM, CM, ST/creative player.

Then take into account a few outbounds and maybe some squad spots needing filling, I'd say £150m will happen easily. Won't get my hopes up on specific players, but considering how the market has gone, and Jose will want 1st team upgrades, we are probably looking at 30-40m per player.

I'd imagine it's going to be big players coming in, as in players with established reps, and not much of a punt on youth.

He's very brittle.

I wouldn't say brittle in the sense people will assume he is weak, takes some beatings most weeks in La Liga.

But could see a Memphis situation where he gets bullied easily of the ball in what the Premier League refs see as fair tackles. He gets some amount of free kicks in his favour in Spain he wouldn't get in England, but part of the learning curve if he came

Would happily call Evertons and Koemans bluff regarding Barkley and take him onboard. Let Jose turn him into the clear brilliant midfielder he can become. Hasn't he only got a year left on his deal? £25-30m thank you very much.

Him alongside Pogba with a new mobile DM.....oh my

Can't help but feel there is a player in Ox Chamberlain as well, but he just continues to fail to impress me at certain times I watch England or Arsenal games and look at him specifically. Fan of Dier as a DM but **** paying Spurs a fortune for him, to be honest just **** doing business with Spurs anymore.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd imagine it's going to be big players coming in, as in players with established reps, and not much of a punt on youth.

I'd imagine Jose will know the expectations are for a proper title challenge next year. This thing of continually building for the future isn't going to fly when the present remains underwhelming, so I'd imagine they'll be a heavy focus on established, top tier talent capable of kicking us to the challenge immediately.

Unlike Moyes and LVG, I can't see Jose getting sacked if we miss CL. But IF we do, then next year is going to be all or nothing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looking over various articles, and quotes from Neymar:

About the weather in England, when playing there for Brazil in 2011:
    "The weather I don't like all that much, but I could get used to it."

In an interview with the Sun earlier this month, Neymar said:

"The Premier League is a championship that amazes me.

"I like the playing style and the teams. And who knows, someday, I would like to play at it, yes.

"I admire Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool - these are the teams that are always there fighting.

"And then you have high-level coaches like Mourinho and Guardiola. These are coaches with whom any player would like to work.

"In the Premier League you never know who is going to win or who will be champions, it is always a surprise.

"Leicester are very good. They had a great season last year, they were Premier League champions and therefore we need to respect them if we draw them in the Champions League."

Neymar is paid the equivalent of £250,000 a week at Barcelona.

Neymar in £ terms would cost around £170 million.
    Remember we already have £40 million or so from the sales of Memphis and Schneiderlin.
    There will be more sales this summer, speculation recently was United will spend at least £200 million net on new talent this summer.

If we did sign Neymar and that is a big if, I think Martial could leave as they play in the same position.
    The only thing with the Neymar rumour is it is a persistent one, starting when people thought United wanted Pedro but Neymar's father confirmed United wanted his son, back in 2015.

Guillem Balague says "Neymar will be in Barcelona next season."

Whatever happens or doesn't happen, it will be a big summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TheDoc wrote: »
    I wouldn't claim pure ability to be that far apart.

We'll agree to disagree here so

It's the assumptions of players being able to just walk into any environment and dominate that has skewed Paul Pogba already, and consistently leads to unrealistic expectations for new signings.

I also disagree that he's been expected to dominate, I didn't think he'd be so anonymous in big games though.

20170327_150047.png

Opinions? I think it's cool but don't think I'd be in a rush to go buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jayo26 wrote: »
    20170327_150047.png

Very nice

Very nice

It is but hopefully it will have a better effect then our last grey strip.

• Advertisement

I like it on the grounds its unique to the club. Some jerseys tend to feel like copy/paste jobs from other teams, so I really like that its one unique to United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lovely kit! be nice if it was just plain grey though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

20170327_150047.png

Reminds me of the 94-96 home strip with a weave of Old Trafford on the front

• Being honest, I don't like the fan decals at the bottom of the jersey.
    The collar / color is nice however.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Being honest, I don't like the fan decals at the bottom of the jersey.

They aren't fans.
    (If I'm understanding what you're saying...)

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    They aren't fans.
    (If I'm understanding what you're saying...)

Assuming then it's Bobby & Denis Law? Fergie?
    Still don't like it.

Being honest, I don't like the fan decals at the bottom of the jersey.

Ya theyy seem very round or badly drawn, if done better they could be cool mind

Is that meant to be the away kit?

I've come very accustomed to white away, and blue third kit. The home and away kits nike did to celebrate SAF, with the kind of tartan pattern in it, are easily two of my favourite shirts from the last decade.

Although I think it's because that season is so ingrained in my memory. A relatively poor squad with Van Persie in unstoppable form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Am I the only one that thinks it looks horrible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

ElChe32 wrote: »

Its the result of an Competition Adidas ran at the start of the season iirc.

Fans could design next season's third kit.

Its probably the best of a bad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Nope, it's tough to have a nice jersey with that hideous Chavrolet logo on it in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nope, it's tough to have a nice jersey with that hideous Chavrolet logo on it in fairness.

You wont be buying it no? ;)

I don't think it looks great at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

20170327_150047.png

Thats clearly a fake, it'll look a lot more like this image

manchester-united-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

I think of all the jersey I have seen the chevy logo blends in the most with that one. I don't think it's horrible but I reckon it wouldn't be worn much at all and I wouldn't wear it myself.
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Thats clearly a fake, it'll look a lot more like this image

manchester-united-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

Now that I do like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Still don't like it.

how anyone can't see who these 3 are is shocking

how anyone can't see who these 3 are is shocking

Not a real fan shoot him now.

jack_wilshere_awful_mistake-xlarge_trans_Nv_BQz_QN.jpg

Poor jack wilshire didn't either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

beno619 wrote: »
    Its the result of an Competition Adidas ran at the start of the season iirc.

Fans could design next season's third kit.

Its probably the best of a bad bunch.

Iirc there was a top 100 or something voted on and then United/Adidas would pick one from that lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Would love to see our old yellow and green kit colours making a comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I seem to be the only one who likes the Chevrolet logo. Love the gold to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That first one that was posted with the dark trinity statue was absolutely disgusting tacky looking crap in my opinion. The lighter one is better but still not my bag.

• how anyone can't see who these 3 are is shocking
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

20170327_150047.png

Burn it now!

Jesus that is an awful excuse for a jersey.

Being honest it would take a serious effort to get me to part with my money for any jersey. I find wearing jerseys outside going to a match or playing very strange for adults

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't see any jersey at all lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

DM_7 wrote: »
    I don't see any jersey at all lads.

thejerseycow_jersey-cow2.jpg

20170327_150047.png

All i know is that when you tuck the jersey into your shorts there's a little arm coming out of your jocks pointing at your belly button.

All i know is that when you tuck the jersey into your shorts there's a little arm coming out of your jocks pointing at your belly button.

Only country folk tuck in shirts. ;)

That jersey just seems like something we'd be looking back at in 10-20 years thinking "What the fúck was going on there?". Like the grey Sharp Viewcam jersey of the mid 90s which actually got blamed for a poor result and subsequently dropped! I feel this jersey would be the 2010's version of that.

Still don't like it.

:eek:

bangkok wrote: »
    :eek:

You shocked too? Wanna shoot him?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement