Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    You shocked too? Wanna shoot him?

give him a pass on this one, not everyone would know its Bebe, Djemba Djemba and Memphis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    give him a pass on this one, not everyone would know its Bebe, Djemba Djemba and Memphis

To be fair it is from the rear of the statue so it's. Not the usual default Image.

To be fair it is from the rear of the statue so it's. Not the usual default Image.

ah shouldnt matter in fairness, its such an iconic image outside old trafford front or back

• Honestly welled up...
    A reality check for sure :(

https://twitter.com/ManUtd_HQ/status/846410191662911488

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honestly welled up...
    A reality check for sure :(

https://twitter.com/ManUtd_HQ/status/846410191662911488

The full programme is on tomorrow night have it set to record for the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

20170327_150047.png

Opinions? I think it's cool but don't think I'd be in a rush to go buy one.

Rooney will look great in that - happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

This guy has good United contacts..

@Malachians: De Gea will be a monumental loss if he goes, irreplaceable. He's the best GK in the world. Utd are not confident he's going to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Delboy5 wrote: »
    This guy has good United contacts..

@Malachians: De Gea will be a monumental loss if he goes, irreplaceable. He's the best GK in the world. Utd are not confident he's going to stay.

Real Madrid can have De Gea if we can have Kroos to replace Carrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »

No doubt about it Neymer is a brilliant player but gotta think 173m could be spent so much better.Basically could fix all problems in the team.4 or 5 signings for the same cash could set the team up for a proper go at the title and CL football.

yabadabado wrote: »
    No doubt about it Neymer is a brilliant player but gotta think 173m could be spent so much better.Basically could fix all problems in the team.4 or 5 signings for the same cash could set the team up for a proper go at the title and CL football.

I was saying that myself earlier to one of my workmates.While signing Neymar would be an amazing statement we could spend the money on 3 or 4 players.

I was saying that myself earlier to one of my workmates.While signing Neymar would be an amazing statement we could spend the money on 3 or 4 players.

It would be an amazing statement of stupidity :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tbf there is an argument to be made that spreading money around doesn't solve the problem of being a top top side. Look at Liverpool post Suarez and spurs post bale. Both tried to spread it around and both failed big time.

Devils advocate like.

Jayop wrote: »
    Tbf there is an argument to be made that spreading money around doesn't solve the problem of being a top top side. Look at Liverpool post Suarez and spurs post bale. Both tried to spread it around and both failed big time.

Devils advocate like.

Knowing united if they did sign neymar they would still have enough left over for 2 or 3 more players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Devils advocate like.

in both cases you are replacing your star player with a number of 'potential' players.

It would be different with signing Neymar - as he would be getting added to the a squad. On the same side, if you went with 4 players worth the same total you'd be added 4 top quality players to the side - not replacing our star player with Valencia and Owen.

• Advertisement

Devils advocate like.

I'd have confidence in Jose to spend money like that a lot better than either of those clubs.Didn't they both sign players via DoF and committee did the manager even want some of those players?

in both cases you are replacing your star player with a number of 'potential' players.

It would be different with signing Neymar - as he would be getting added to the a squad. On the same side, if you went with 4 players worth the same total you'd be added 4 top quality players to the side - not replacing our star player with Valencia and Owen.

That star player is a key element to winning the big things though. How many clubs win the champions League or even the league now (anomaly aside) without a star player.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I'd have confidence in Jose to spend money like that a lot better than either of those clubs.Didn't they both sign players via DoF and committee did the manager even want some of those players?

True you could tell at the time that the money was getting blown on crap. Both if those probably needed to add to a squad more than we do though too. As much as we all see we can do with having a new cb, it's not the end of the world given we do have a great defensive record. I think the only position we absolutely have to buy a for is defensive midfield.

That star player is a key element to winning the big things though. How many clubs win the champions League or even the league now (anomaly aside) without a star player.

some? none? I don't know - its not my point at all though.

You used Spurs (Bale) and Liverpool (Suarez) as cautionary tales - both were trying to replace a player their side was built around and relied on with a smattering of players around the first team.

In this instance United would not be replacing a player they relied on, they would simply be improving the squad. Could buy Greizman and a couple of other top players for the same money - and have players like Greizman and Pogba as our stars.

Devils advocate like.

They bought a lot of sh1te though. I'm sure Jose has his list of targets and won't run around like a kid in a sweetshop or try the money ball approach on potential that might garner a profit in future but seems to ultimately fail.

• Advertisement

Ya look I'm only playing Devils advocate because for one thing I don't thinks there's a chance it will happen and I'd prefer to buy an actual striker and s midfielder for that money myself.

For arguments sake if United signed Willian,Lukaku and Bakayoko I'd have a lot more confidence in making a proper challenge for the league than if 170m was spent on one player.
    Uniteds squad is fine but the starting xi needs works.A DM and pace in attack is badly needed in the side .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Looking at that jersey got me thinking that someday there will probably be a statue of some of the 1999 team outside OT. If it was three players who would they be?

Looking at that jersey got me thinking that someday there will probably be a statue of some of the 1999 team outside OT. If it was three players who would they be?

It would depends on what happens at the club over the years - Giggs would likely get one spot. As captain of the team and club legend Roy Keane should, but.... his relationship with United seems poor. Beckham seems a bit distanced from the club. Scholes is a obvious candidate too - but I reckon he would need to get back in with the club as an ambassador or something to get such a nod.

Giggs, Scholes and Keane would be my picks, but I don't know if we will ever see such a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Giggs, Scholes and Keane would be my picks, but I don't know if we will ever see such a thing.

David May would probably get a sculptor to slap him on top on the sly as a fourth guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

mewe wrote: »
    David May would probably get a sculptor to slap him on top on the sly as a fourth guy.

The statue would be Keane, Scholes and Karl Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

For a serious answer, any future statue would probably be the class of 92 in some fashion, rather than players from 1999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

When we win league and Champions league next year they'll put a statue up of Pogba & Lingard dabbing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Knowing united if they did sign neymar they would still have enough left over for 2 or 3 more players.

This is where the interesting element could be.

United spent €185m last summer, without CL football, and without any notable departures.

If United get CL football this season, as well as shift the wages of some high earners, coupled with sales (already have €40m from sales of Morgan and Memphis), increased TV revenue, etc, there's a real possibility Jose could have €200-250m to spend.

€170m for Neymar could be insane, BUT (as Jayop said, devils advocate and all) there's the possibility Jose could feel he wants a talisman to lead the team, and would still have enough to grab two more €30m players.

Yeah, the money involved in football nowadays is ****ing ludicrous, but thats the way things are going, and the spending will increase as the money reserves grow, be that fiscally responsible or not. I'll disclaimer this; I don't believe the Neymar stories at all. But from what I've read, Jose seems to rather the idea of buying 3-4 players, not 10. So if he has €250m and decides to spend most of that on a Neymar, while still being confident of being able to grab some other players too....

It wouldn't shock me at all to see us spend massively this summer, and I think we'll see another record signing. Be that Griezmann, or someone else, god knows...

I'm excited for the window though :)

United next season with CL football:

Romero/newGK
    Valencia--Bailly--new CB--new LB
    Herrera--Kroos--Pogba
    Griezmann--Ibrahimovic--Neymar

De gea, Martial, Rooney and two other players (maybe Blind and Shaw) sold for lets say £140 million - majority of the money from De Gea and Martial.
    This buys Kroos, a new CB, RB and goalkeeper.

The £40 million or so from the January sales plus the transfer budget buys Griezmann and Neymar.
    The revenue generated by both these players would be massive.

Ok I like to play FIFA...

• Advertisement

Kroos is not ever going to be a replacement for Carrick never in month of Sundays he is a total different type of midfielder that does not defend very well.

If we replace Carrick it will be a carvalho or one of the Monaco players or that type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The spending depends on CL football too.

No CL, no Neymer, or 150m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    When we win league and Champions league next year they'll put a statue up of Pogba & Lingard dabbing.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:eek.pngeek.pngeek.pngeek.pngeek.pngeek.png

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/28/chelsea-arsenal-alexis-sanchez-no1-summer-transfer-target?CMP=share_btn_tw

Chelsea make Sanchez their number one transfer target.We should try for him,he's a Jose type player,a winning mentality and hard working.

3EAFABB300000578-0-image-a-3_1490650927192.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

"RUN FORREST RUN!"

Jones injures Rooney,Smalling injures Jones,Smalling injures himself.You couldn't make it up.

Thats what happens when you go near phil jones. You should see Jones!!

Craig Burley on ESPN totally dismissed the Neymar story, and said there would have to be big political unhappiness for him to leave.
    Well, it has been speculated the tax issue and how Barcelona bought him has him on the unsettled side, but I don't think one would put money on it happening.

then in another YouTube video they have the following:

2017: Summer of Strikers?
    Notable rumoured transfers:

Diego Costa to Atletico Madrid, CSL
    Sergio Aguero to Real Madrid, PSG
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Man United, PSG
    Antoine Griezmann to Man United
    Romelu Lukaku to Chelsea, Man United
    Alexandre Lacazette to Arsenal
    Kylian Mbappe to Premier League
    Wayne Rooney to Everton, CSL
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic to LA Galaxy

So they have United linked with Aubameyang, Griezmann, Lukaku and Mbappe.

• Advertisement

Off topic but Messi must have used some serious language to get a 4 match ban for abusing the assistant ref in the win over Chile.

Off topic but Messi must have used some serious language to get a 4 match ban for abusing the assistant ref in the win over Chile.

Thats actually amusing how the fek could you say anything that bad when you think Suarez got what 7 games for biting someone??

Speaking of holidays brinty must be back soon..

#bringbackbrinty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It was reported that he said "fùck you and your mothers c*nt" to the assistant referee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

What a nice young man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy.

The Cristiano Ronaldo airport in Madeira is the latest honour for our former player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Thats actually amusing how the fek could you say anything that bad when you think Suarez got what 7 games for biting someone??

A precedent was set with Chile players a few years ago apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    It was reported that he said "fùck you and your mothers c*nt" to the assistant referee

Its a term of endearment where he comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus that Rio documentary would bring a tear to even the hardest of hearts.
    The image of him and three small kids looking so small in that huge mansion said as much as any of the words could.

Also have brave are those other people that he met who also were young widowers.

adox wrote: »
    Jaysus that Rio documentary would bring a tear to even the hardest of hearts.
    The image of him and three small kids looking so small in that huge mansion said as much as any of the words could.

Also have brave are those other people that he met who also were young widowers.

Was a well done programme and again brings all into perspective be grateful for what we have.

Paper gossip for the morning.

Eric Dier is the latest player to be linked with us (£40 million).

A price of £50 million is quoted for Sanchez.
    Atletico have revealed that Griezmann has a buyout clause in his contract.

United are watching Tierney at Celtic.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement