Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wouldnt of thought they could afford him. The money would break every structure they have in the club.

Really? Bayern have frequently paid big bucks for players they want and feel will improve their first team squad.

They just havn't made an entry into the "crazy" market recently, but they have frequently outlaid 30-50 million on players for their first team.

I'd imagine the draw of winning trophies and going deep in the CL each year is a big draw for players too who are actually interested in that over pure $$$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really? Bayern have frequently paid big bucks for players they want and feel will improve their first team squad.

They just havn't made an entry into the "crazy" market recently, but they have frequently outlaid 30-50 million on players for their first team.

I'd imagine the draw of winning trophies and going deep in the CL each year is a big draw for players too who are actually interested in that over pure $$$$

How frequently have they spent 50million on players? I'll have a look in but I doubt its too much, they have a wage structure they don't break and they don't spend ridiculous money in the transfer market as a rule. The only time's I remember them paying big fee's are when they are activating release clauses ala Hummels, Goetze etc and neither cost close to 50 did they?

That is of course to ignore that it would be taking considerably more then 30-50milliion to prize Griezmann away

Edit: From a quick look Javi Martinez (release clause) 40m Euro, most they ever spent, not close to 50million pounds
    Gotze (release clause) E36m

A whole host of players in the E20m to E35m range.

It appears they have never even spent as much as 35m pounds on a player never mind 40 or 50, generally spending between 20-30m

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How frequently have they spent 50million on players?

I think the most they spent was €40m on Javi Martinez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bayern's record signing is Javi Martinez at €40m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Bayern's record signing is Javi Martinez at €40m.

The renato sanches deal includes addons that can bring it to €80million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Really need the win at the weekend badly, can't afford a draw/loss.

Thinking maybe the team below:

De Gea
    Shaw/Darmian/Blind, Rojo, Bailly, Val
    Carrick, Herrera
    Martial, Mata, Micki
    Rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Was that confirmed or speculated?

What are the add ons? Are they more personal (as I would assume with the huge jumps) such a WPOTY awards etc or team orientated (which I don't think is as likely to push up the higher end cause other then the CL he is not going to make or break their seasons in terms of trophies, and even at that)

Its listed as a E36m deal at the minute I think.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Really need the win at the weekend badly, can't afford a draw/loss.

The title of the End of Season DVD?

I had actually forgotten we've moved up to 5th, above Arsenal, and winning our games in hand could move us above Liverpool too...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The title of the End of Season DVD?

Nil Nil :D

• Advertisement

Potentially yes but nowhere near that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Was that confirmed or speculated?

What are the add ons? Are they more personal (as I would assume with the huge jumps) such a WPOTY awards etc or team orientated (which I don't think is as likely to push up the higher end cause other then the CL he is not going to make or break their seasons in terms of trophies, and even at that)

Its listed as a E36m deal at the minute I think.

Benfica official announcement said it was 35 Million upfront and 45 Million addons.

The addons published at that time was 5 Million every year Sanches makes 25 appearances. So that's 25 Million easily paid.

20 Million if he is nominated for Ballon d'Or.

Also re the wages, Gotze was on 12 Million euros per year and that's the reason Kroos was pissed off. Apparently Lewandowski is on 15 Million Euros per year contract. So they can flex their muscles when it comes to transfer fee and wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bayern can flex muscles but not even close to what it would take for Griezman to be favorite to sign for them.

Bayern are one of the clubs Complaining of the riches in the premier league that they can't keep up with.

They would need to more or less double their record fee paid to meet his release clause and the wage cap would need to be nearly doubled too i cant imagine Griezman moving for less then 250k pounds a week more then 300k euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Headshot wrote: »
    That chapter ended quickly lol

Good, sick of dumbass media dragging the crap out of a pointless transfer just for click bait when we say nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Hococop wrote: »
    Good, sick of dumbass media dragging the crap out of a pointless transfer just for click bait when we say nothing

More importantly fans having ridiculous expectations and then getting pissed off about transfers that were never going to happen.

Headshot wrote: »
    That chapter ended quickly lol

He was hardley going to say it's going to be easy to bring neymar to Manchester I think I have the deal wrapped up ;);)

I fully expect neymar and Griezman and Lukaku to be our front 3 next year and jose is only playing down the speculation it's as simple as that...........

;)

Hococop wrote: »

The problem then is that every one we don't deny is a deal we're working on.... I prefer that we just don't say nothing and don't get envolved in it.

This thread would be so dull in June if the club instantly ruled out every transfer link.

Bayern can flex muscles but not even close to what it would take for Griezman to be favorite to sign for them.

Bayern are one of the clubs Complaining of the riches in the premier league that they can't keep up with.

They would need to more or less double their record fee paid to meet his release clause and the wage cap would need to be nearly doubled too i cant imagine Griezman moving for less then 250k pounds a week more then 300k euros.

There is no wage cap at Bayern. They don't offer big contract to players they think is not worth it.

For example, Gotze was on 12 Million per year and apparently Lewandowski is on 15 Million per year. Players like Muller, Lahm, Neuer are on big contracts too.

Edit: Bayern wages is 260 Million Euros, that around 224 Million. ManUtd's wages is 232 Million (From Swissramble)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

This thread would be so dull in June if the club instantly ruled out every transfer link.

Personally I find the constant reports on who the media is linking us with day by day to be incredibly boring, if I wanted to know who the papers thought we were after then I would go and buy a paper.

I don't mind discussion on possible targets, what they might bring to the side or not, but I don't see the point in these lists of every flavour of the month that it is theoretically possible for us to buy. Thats just me though, so I'd be delighted if the club came out every week and said point blank, "no we aren't interested, stop writing crap". :)

I wonder if Adidas would be happy if Bayern signed Pumas highest profile player in Griezmann.
    Adidas own 9% of Bayern.

Real Madrid will be made to pay astronomical figures if they firm up interest in David De Gea, who does not have a buyout clause in his Manchester United contract.

Reports in Spain suggested Real believe De Gea could be signed for £52million after the goalkeeper demanded a clause be inserted into the four-year deal signed in 2015.

But it is understood a fee of more than double Gianluigi Buffon’s £33m world-record transfer to Juventus would be required if he ever did leave Old Trafford.

De Gea is said to be settled in the North West and enjoying life at Old Trafford
    Missing out on the Champions League would cause him to consider a move
    Thibaut Courtois and Gianluigi Donnarumma are options for Real Madrid

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4363980/Man-Utd-news-David-Gea-transfer-blow-Real-Madrid.html#ixzz4coI9KQR9
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Personally I find the constant reports on who the media is linking us with day by day to be incredibly boring, if I wanted to know who the papers thought we were after then I would go and buy a paper.

I don't mind discussion on possible targets, what they might bring to the side or not, but I don't see the point in these lists of every flavour of the month that it is theoretically possible for us to buy. Thats just me though, so I'd be delighted if the club came out every week and said point blank, "no we aren't interested, stop writing crap". :)

It does Utd no harm at all to be constantly in the press due to these rumours.

Brand ManUtd needs constant PR, and media stories like this keep ManUtd in the press even when there is really nothing to talk about.

Most companies would give their right eye to have that level of free publicity, especially when the companies products are performing so averagely. It is much better to have people to focus on what is coming next rather than start to question what is actually in front of them

I wonder if Adidas would be happy if Bayern signed Pumas highest profile player in Griezmann.
    Adidas own 9% of Bayern.

Hardly matters. Players like Lewandowski, Gotze, Boateng, Thiago, Douglas Costa, Coman are Nike athletes and plays/played for Bayern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

zerks wrote: »

60 mil is peanuts for him. Come back with 100m then we'll still say no.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Hardly matters. Players like Lewandowski, Gotze, Boateng, Thiago, Douglas Costa, Coman are Nike athletes and plays/played for Bayern.

Nike is not Puma though.
    Google Adidas & Puma history if you're not aware of it.

How frequently have they spent 50million on players? I'll have a look in but I doubt its too much, they have a wage structure they don't break and they don't spend ridiculous money in the transfer market as a rule. The only time's I remember them paying big fee's are when they are activating release clauses ala Hummels, Goetze etc and neither cost close to 50 did they?

That is of course to ignore that it would be taking considerably more then 30-50milliion to prize Griezmann away

Edit: From a quick look Javi Martinez (release clause) 40m Euro, most they ever spent, not close to 50million pounds
    Gotze (release clause) E36m

A whole host of players in the E20m to E35m range.

It appears they have never even spent as much as 35m pounds on a player never mind 40 or 50, generally spending between 20-30m

Well the point I was trying to make is that they never have to enter the crazy market.

They suppliment their squad here and there, and don't have to break the bank considering buying domestically is cheap enough in Germany, and even buying in foreign isn't a massive ordeal because they are such a well run club that competes every single season. They do their business efficently and identify targets well in advance.

When was the last time you ever felt Bayern were in a crisis having to rebuild a team? They are just seemless when it comes to their squad transition, its brilliant.

So when I say they have paid big bucks, it's relative. Like big money for Sanchez, 40m on Martinez was a big outlay, 35m or whatever on Vidal with the concerns around him is a big outlay, snapping up Dortmunds players for 30-35m.

Sure it's not dropping the current mental money, but these are still big outlays on players in the environment they operate in. They arn't in a cut throat league like England where everyone is after the same players and the prices inflate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Nike is not Puma though.

Its a mad story isn't it? The ad from a few years ago about two brothers inventing the Twix and falling out with each other had to be based on that.

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    60 mil is peanuts for him. Come back with 100m then we'll still say no.

Madrid thought they'd get him for £35 million,the news of no buyout clause means we can name our price.

Nike is not Puma though.

Thanks, wasn't aware of that.

Speculation now that we are looking into Kimmich from Bayern, now there is a ready made Carrick replacement :O

Madrid thought they'd get him for £35 million,the news of no buyout clause means we can name our price.

so they'll get him for 30million instead!

so they'll get him for 30million instead!

We don't do that anymore.

Speaking of Madrid,the media in Spain have jumped from Neymar to Bale joining us instead.
    http://www.diariogol.com/es/notices/2017/03/gareth-bale-presiona-a-florentino-perez-con-una-llamada-del-united-de-mourinho-73120.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I take Bale in a shot. The type of player we have been crying for

• Advertisement

I take Bale in a shot. The type of player we have been crying for

We should start posting team formattions on our potential signings :D

4-3-8 formation by looks of it.

donnarumma
    Fabinho---Varane--Baily---Alba
    Bakayoko
    Pogba
    Pereira
    -Greizman
    Martial
    Lukaku

donnarumma
    Bakayoko
    Pogba
    Pereira
    -Greizman
    Martial
    Lukaku

No Sanchez, 4/10 :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    No Sanchez, 4/10 :P

pfft, Sanchez ain't coming to United - i'm trying to be realistic here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

donnarumma
    Bakayoko
    Pogba
    Pereira
    -Greizman
    Martial
    Lukaku

Somewhere, Futureguy is having a heart attack looking at his upcoming Summer workload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

donnarumma
    Bakayoko
    Pogba
    Pereira
    -Greizman
    Martial
    Lukaku

Andreas Pereira ? Have you been following him this season ? If so why is he in your side ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

4-3-8 formation by looks of it.

mth.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

TheDoc wrote:
    We should start posting team formattions on our potential signings

There was a guy on here who was (in)famous for posting a lot of hypothetical starting XIs. Is he still here?

sigmundv wrote: »
    There was a guy on here who was (in)famous for posting a lot of hypothetical starting XIs. Is he still here?

I dont think it's bangkok anyway he gets his off the sky sports news page. :)

Arrived the other day.

0ca.jpg

beno619 wrote: »
    Andreas Pereira ? Have you been following him this season ? If so why is he in your side ?

he's in it for much the same reason others are in it, bit of a fun.

Not watched any of his games in spain, not watched any games in spain, period. have seen some highlights of his performance in a few games and he has looked awesome. But they are selected highlights, from selected games. I think he is a more talented player than Lingard (going back to when I would have seen him at United and comparing off that) and they play similar roles so if lingard can command a place in the squad Pereira should be given a shot too, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Arrived the other day.

0ca.jpg

Hows the sizing on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

sigmundv wrote: »

shadowcomplex and his alter egos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Arrived the other day.

0ca.jpg

Cool. There will be sleeve sponsors next season, who will be United's official sleeve sponsor is the question!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement