Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cool. There will be sleeve sponsors next season, who will be United's official sleeve sponsor is the question!
    I'd say Aon.

It's supposed to be from our current pool of sponsors anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That looks really nice Zerks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Arsenal game moved to Sunday 7th may 4pm

Arsenal game moved to Sunday 7th may 4pm

Was always going to be. Should we proceed in the EL then we'll have a semi final either side of it so Thursday to Saturday was never going to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jayop wrote: »
    Was always going to be. Should we proceed in the EL then we'll have a semi final either side of it so Thursday to Saturday was never going to work.

Yehh and jose has got his wish a late Sunday kickoff but I assume now he will of wanted it on a Monday night.

Updated...

1st April PL 3pm
    United v WBA

4th April PL 8pm
    United v Everton

9th April PL 1.30pm
    United v Sunderland

13th of April EL 8.05pm
    Anderlecht v United

16th of April PL 4pm
    United v Chelsea

20th of April EL 8.05pm
    United v Anderlecht

23rd April PL 2.15pm
    Burnley v United

27th April PL 4pm
    City v United

30th April PL 12pm
    United v Swansea

4th May EL
    Potential Semi Final

7th May PL 4pm
    Arsenal v United

11th May EL
    Potential Semi Final

13th May PL (Will likely be moved to the 14th if we get to the EL semi final) 3pm
    United v Spurs

17/18th May
    Free date - probably rescheduled Southampton game

21st May PL 3pm
    United vs Palace

24th May EL
    Potential EL Final

9 games in April and potentially 7 games in May up to the 24th.

Plenty of football for us to enjoy/hate.

9 games in April and potentially 7 games in May up to the 24th.

Plenty of football for us to enjoy/hate.

I really hope we have to play 16 games in two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

jayo26 wrote:
    I really hope we have to play 16 games in two months.

The more I look at it, the most likely way of playing champs league next year is through winning EL.

• Advertisement

The more I look at it, the most likely way of playing champs league next year is through winning EL.

The bookies agree. Bet365 have United at the following odds...

Win EL @2.50
    Finish T4 @2.62

Not much in it, but after getting through the last round the AL went shorter odds than top 4 for the first time this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

xtal191 wrote: »
    Hows the sizing on that?

I normally wear a large but go for XL when ordering these,sizing is Asian so are smaller than here.

zerks wrote: »
    I normally wear a large but go for XL when ordering these,sizing is Asian so are smaller than here.

Too many specials on malocas ;)

I see Lallana and Henderson are both out for the game on Saturday. Two of their better players this season. A glimer of hope maybe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I see Lallana and Henderson are both out for the game on Saturday. Two of their better players this season. A glimer of hope maybe.

They don't play for West Brom.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

West Brom are ahead of us in the form table for this calendar year right? Saw it on SSN earlier I believe, Everton are top of the table as a matter of interest.

We are 8th in that form table, need to be seriously pushing up in that to have a shot of top four come the final weekend, the EL is tempting to throw all the eggs into the basket but very risky, knockout football obvs. I think Jose needs to shoulder some blame here for his poor squad management when players could have been freshened up, but right now we have to go balls out for both competitions.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

West Brom are ahead of us in the form table for this calendar year right? Saw it on SSN earlier I believe, Everton are top of the table as a matter of interest.

We are 8th in that form table, need to be seriously pushing up in that to have a shot of top four come the final weekend, the EL is tempting to throw all the eggs into the basket but very risky, knockout football obvs. I think Jose needs to shoulder some blame here for his poor squad management when players could have been freshened up, but right now we have to go balls out for both competitions.

3 good performances and we win the EL. It's easier at this stage than the league route and if we had to compromise one at the expense of the other I'd be going for the EL.

Also the timing reenforces that. Chelsea away after the away game this time and Arsenal away in between the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

3 good performances and we win the EL. It's easier at this stage than the league route and if we had to compromise one at the expense of the other I'd be going for the EL.

Also the timing reenforces that. Chelsea away after the away game this time and Arsenal away in between the next round.

We have Chelsea at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

In that form table we're 1 point behind WBA and 7 behind Everton with 2 games in hand on both. We're also 2 behind City and 3 behind Spurs and Chelsea with a game in hand. Our form is nowhere near as bad as you think compared to everyone else.

We have Chelsea at home.

We do sorry yeah. I still don't see much more than a point in that game tbh.

In that form table we're 1 point behind WBA and 7 behind Everton with 2 games in hand on both. We're also 2 behind City and 3 behind Spurs and Chelsea with a game in hand. Our form is nowhere near as bad as you think compared to everyone else.

Bingo. Our form has been good if frustrating. The simple fact we've gained points on everyone from 2nd down to 6th means our form has been grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/03/30/man-utd-plan-trigger-antoine-griezmanns-85m-release-clause-end/

James Ducker in the Telegraph says United will trigger Griezmann's release clause at the end of the season and he is the priority target since last year.
    Pogba has being telling Griezmann that the weather is not as bad as it is made out to be. They had snow in Madrid this week...

jayo26 wrote: »
    Too many specials on malocas ;)

I rarely go there,Kebabish across the road could lead a man to ruin though with their spicy yummy ness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What's this I read in the Telegraph about a potential transfer ban for Liverpool.

Oh how I would laugh if true.

Headshot wrote: »
    What's this I read in the Telegraph about a potential transfer ban for Liverpool.

Potential ban from signing academy players.They basically fooked over a 12 year old and their family leaving them with a £49 grand bill.

First offense isn't it. Be a fine I'd say although letting them make a balls of their transfers would cost them more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I am sure you are right, like I said I saw something about it on SSN earlier but literally only caught a glance at it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Headshot wrote: »

It was surely someone else's fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im sure United have tapped up players too, but its the moral high ground they take when others do it. Nice to see they aint no saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

jayo26 wrote:
    It was surely someone else's fault

Tee shirt printers in liverpool expect a surge in buissness :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Tee shirt printers in liverpool expect a surge in buissness :-)

Ironically causing a surge in child labour...

• Advertisement

Ironically causing a surge in child labour...

And not paying for it.

Surely it wouldn't be in a scousers nature not to pay for stuff? ;)

Smalling and Jones are out long term thats going to mess things up big time season run in of rojo, Bailly, and blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Smalling and Jones are out long term thats going to mess things up big time season run in of rojo, Bailly, and blind.
    Could be worse, it could be Rojo and Bailly out for the long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Maybe 5 good performances are required. Remember PSG and Barca!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Tuanzebe?.. Fosu-Mensah?

If theres something good from it maybe they'll get some playing time.

jacool wrote: »
    Maybe 5 good performances are required. Remember PSG and Barca!

Do the business in the first round each time and we'll be grand. There's no-one who will be able to turn over a big deficit left in this competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Nice to see they aint no saints.
    Well, isn't half the first team ex-Saints?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Script writers cry, Schnderlin will miss the United vs Everton game.

• Advertisement

From the press conference, Jose reflecting on his time with Schweinsteiger at the club...
    "Bastian is in the category of players that I feel sorry for something that I did to him," revealed the boss at his pre-West Brom press conference. "I don't want to speak about him as a player, I don't want to speak about him as whether I would buy him or not to buy him. I want to speak about him as a professional.

"I want to speak about him as a human being and that was the last thing I told him before he left - 'I was not right with you once, I have to be right to you now'. So, when he was asking me to let him leave, I had to say 'yes, you can leave' because I did it once, I cannot do it twice, so I feel sorry for the first period with him. He knows that.

"I'm happy that he knows because I told him and I will miss a good guy, a good professional, a good influence in training. A very good influence. So I couldn't stop him going, even though, until the end of the season, we have so many matches and probably we would need him for a few matches or a few periods. I had to let him go and now publicly we wish him and his wife a very happy life in Chicago.

"Yes, yes, I do [regret his treatment last summer]," he added. "I would let him be in the squad. I knew, at that moment, we had too many players. If you remember, at that time, we had many players in this doubtful situation and we still had Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay and we had Andreas Pereira and Tyler Blackett and James Wilson.

"We had a huge squad in the beginning. But, after knowing him as a professional, and as a person, the way he was behaving and the way he was respecting my decisions as a manager, yes, I regret it and it is no problem for me to admit it and he knows that because I told him."
    Edit: Here is the press conference, including the above quote with the question and follow-ups from the journos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Have to say my respect for Jose increases day by day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I love that he apologised to him. I don't believe Mourinho would have ever dreamed of doing that a few years ago. I'm hoping that as he seems to be mellowing that his style of management is more sustainable for the club term. Ideally I hope he can be at the club for many seasons to come, rather than having short term success, burning his bridges and getting out. Time will tell, as there's no guarantees either way for success or longevity but he is the ideal manager for United at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Massive wage, sick note, not English, if it's Mourinho's call it was always goodbye.

I think Mourinho would have used him more if he wasn't afraid he'd play so well there'd be pressure to keep him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

He said in an interview i seen recently that he is having to change, yet not all of himself because he'd become someone else (along those lines). For me there's been a change in him from those sideline bans he got.

He's spot on change him too much then you actually lose the great manager that he is. I love having that hated figure on the sidelines again I've grown up with that i know nothing else and don't want to. ;)

user2011 wrote: »
    He said in an interview i seen recently that he is having to change, yet not all of himself because he'd become someone else (along those lines). For me there's been a change in him from those sideline bans he got.

He's spot on change him too much then you actually lose the great manager that he is. I love having that hated figure on the sidelines again I've grown up with that i know nothing else and don't want to. ;)

Yeah it's not a popularity contest but mellowing a little wouldn't hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Yeah it's not a popularity contest but mellowing a little wouldn't hurt.

Not looking for popularity for him outside the united fanbase, the rest can 🖕 swivel on it.

I'm happy with things, there's been huge steps taken, I'm good where we are at and looking forward to where we are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

beno619 wrote: »
    Have to say my respect for Jose increases day by day.

meh he still does silly things. his celebration down the tunnel when valencia scored against middlesbrough was childish, silly and actually embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bangkok wrote: »
    meh he still does silly things. his celebration down the tunnel when valencia scored against middlesbrough was childish, silly and actually embarrassing

This is just absolutely :rolleyes:, what's wrong with José celebrating a goal? Would you rather he sit down a la Van Gaal and not celebrate at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

It was unreal! Passion. Loved it. More of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I try not to react too strongly to posters, but **** right off with that. A tense game to finally move us to fifth, move us above Arsenal. I was thrilled to win, and I was thrilled to see how much it means to Jose as well. I want that sort of passion from a manager.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement