Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/847901563771211776

Mata could be out for the rest of the season after groin surgery.: (

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zerks wrote: »

Oh Balderdash :(

So...can we field an 11 tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This is just absolutely :rolleyes:, what's wrong with José celebrating a goal? Would you rather he sit down a la Van Gaal and not celebrate at all.

absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating a goal, but walking down the tunnel the way he did was silly. if he was manager for chelsea and did that like he has done before, we would all be slating him

cheers for that great news, i literally just put him into my fantasy football team!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    meh he still does silly things. his celebration down the tunnel when valencia scored against middlesbrough was childish, silly and actually embarrassing

Coming from the poster that complained week in week out about Van Gaal not displaying anything on the sideline I find your position laughable. You can't have it both ways. You want a manager to show some passion on the sideline and then when he does you criticise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ffs

poor Mata :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Looks like Lingard is a shoe in for the match tomorrow.

Second match in a row I'm gonna miss. Heading to the Aviva for the Leinster game which kicks off at 3.15

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So that's Mata, Smalling and Jones gone for e season, right before our tough test run of games? Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mata isn't flagged on the Fantasy Premier League, so it might not be so bad.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Coming from the poster that complained week in week out about Van Gaal not displaying anything on the sideline I find your position laughable. You can't have it both ways. You want a manager to show some passion on the sideline and then when he does you criticise him.

i wanted van gaal not to sit in his seat for the whole game and not once go to the sideline to give player instructions or team tactics.

mourinho just f**ked off down the tunnel without shaking other managers hand at final whistle. its disrespectful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Didn't Jose skip the handshake with the Middlesbrough coach when he walked down the tunnel celebrating? That is poor form if that's what he did.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Didn't Jose skip the handshake with the Middlesbrough coach when he walked down the tunnel celebrating? That is poor form if that's what he did.

He is great friends with the sacked manager, I think he did it as a "fook you" to the Boro board.I reckon he met up with the new manager in private.

Afaik, Middlesborough manager said it happened in the tunnel afterwards.

yes he did. probably met later on but thats not the issue

He is great friends with the sacked manager, I think he did it as a "fook you" to the Boro board.I reckon he met up with the new manager in private.

That's still bad form towards the new fella.

That's still bad form towards the new fella.

I don't buy into all the fake buddy buddy sh1te on the sideline, the media make a big deal of managers not shaking hands on the sideline. If they don't shake hands, so what.

That early Jose walk-off was something I was dreading see him do as United manager, but what he did vs Middlesbrough wasn't quite that IMO. Granted, he did leave before the final whistle, but it was a just-about-justifiable version of it, as close as I want to see to it at United.

My differentiation: When I previously saw him do it with Chelsea, there was fúck-all happening on the pitch with the result sewn up, and he knew his premature handshake and walk-off would be noticed and transmitted live, and be a talking point. It was a "I've seen enough, that'll do pig" arrogant walk-off.

What he did v Middlesbrough was something which was only noticed in the replays. His Super Mario brick-punch and subsequent exit happened while the stadium fans, cameras and the players were reacting to Valencia's goal.

Also there's the passion factor - That goal cemented the 3 points after we looked nervy at 1-2 in the preceding minutes with Middlesbrough pressing. The fumble by Valdes and poach by Valencia ensured that Jose's United went into the break on a high note, and finally made sure we moved up the table and more importantly stay there no matter what result happened with Liverpool - City later on that day.

Although my preference in a manager is one who shows some passion and movement on the touchline, I didn't care enough to scold LVG for not being like that. However, now that we have it with Jose, it is great to see. I'd just like Jose to hang around until the final whistle, but in this case he gets a pass IMO.

Club has confirmed Matas surgery :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can't and will never fully​ take to Mourinho... But i think he's doing a good job.

I don't buy into all the fake buddy buddy sh1te on the sideline, the media make a big deal of managers not shaking hands on the sideline. If they don't shake hands, so what.

TBH I don't have a problem with managers not shaking hands after they've had a row or whatever. But Jose's tendency to make a big meal out of the handshakes when his team is winning and the other manager hasn't done anything does look classless to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think we'll really miss Mata :( Great man for popping up with an important goal.

mata will be a huge loss for us now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Fellaini must be playing well, Bangkok is after Jose for celebrating a goal nearing injury time to cement a win.

user2011 wrote: »
    Fellaini must be playing well, Bangkok is after Jose for celebrating a goal nearing injury time to cement a win.

not after anyone, just said it was disrespectful and embarrassing the way he carried on when valencia scored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

not after anyone, just said it was disrespectful and embarrassing the way he carried on when valencia scored.

So small it's not worth talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Definitely wasn't embarrassing. I'd enjoy him doing that every week. It was the football equivalent of dropping the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Mourinho is himself. The greatest tribute is that it matters less what people think of a coach as much as a team and the end of the sport.

https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/847928443543183360

Bayern pick up talent for the price some very average players cost in the Premier League.

Never heard of him. Is he better than average? Seems a bit odd to be posting Bayern news in the United thread no?

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    Never heard of him. Is he better than average? Seems a bit odd to be posting Bayern news in the United thread no?

Just a comparison as to the kind of fees the likes of Bayern pay compared to us,even the likes of Palace are spending on their level.

• Hugely concerning the amount of players injured considering that there is 9 games to be played in April. Typical

Just a comparison as to the kind of fees the likes of Bayern pay compared to us,even the likes of Palace are spending on their level.

It's just a different market. If it helps just remember it's not your money. ;)

I don't get jealous of the figures involves; the market is in such a drastically different place for them, it's unfair to compare.

I do admire how Bayern and Dortmund are already announcing transfer deals, getting them wrapped up so easily. Germany efficiency maybe be a stereotype but it's one I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Not really a proper comparison.. not many teams in Germany could or would spend 30 million on a 20yr old, while in England every team in the top league could afford that..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Gonna start and be a negative Nancy, I don't see us getting a result today, just too many injuries and our home record is not great

Hococop wrote: »
    Gonna start and be a negative Nancy, I don't see us getting a result today, just too many injuries and our home record is not great

Sometimes this sort of thing works out in your favour. I expect us to win. We still have a better team than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hugely concerning the amount of players injured considering that there is 9 games to be played in April. Typical

Could be a chance for some younger lads to play, but knowing Jose that probably wont happen.

• Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Could be a chance for some younger lads to play, but knowing Jose that probably wont happen.

Tbf I thought this would be the case when he signed as manager but he has given plenty of chance to the youth of the squad, unless you are talking about maybe fosu mensah / shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

WBA are a decent team, it will not be easy but when under pressure (from suspension and injury) that is the time for others to stand up and put in a performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How long is Mata out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    How long is Mata out for?

undetermined

limnam wrote: »
    undetermined

How can they not have an idea...

Its more that they've not announced. Rumour is his season is over.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its more that they've not announced. Rumour is his season is over.

Hopefully won't be this and it's just a few weeks.

of course they have an idea but dont want it released into public domain. operation on groin varies, he will probably be back on the field doing a bit of training after a month but depending on how the groin reacts he could be back playing in 6 weeks or if there is a set back out for the season so id imagine they dont want to give any time frame

its doesnt look good anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Last time Everton beat Liverpool was 7 years ago. Last time they won at Anfield was in 1999!

Literally any other team in the league would have had a better chance at taking points off Liverpool today. Such a one-sided rivalry.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Last time Everton beat Liverpool was 7 years ago. Last time they won at Anfield was in 1999!

Literally any other team in the league would have had a better chance at taking points off Liverpool today. Such a one-sided rivalry.

1-1 now.

FFS. 2-1. Everton can't defend.

of course they have an idea but dont want it released into public domain. operation on groin varies, he will probably be back on the field doing a bit of training after a month but depending on how the groin reacts he could be back playing in 6 weeks or if there is a set back out for the season so id imagine they dont want to give any time frame

its doesnt look good anyway

Cheers, where did he pick up the injury!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

1-1 now.

Lasted long. Everton fans must dread these games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement