Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

adox wrote: »
    ...is not what he said.

Not in so many words but maybe he is on to something

We all know that Jose is a world class manager but can you honestly say things are going according to plan? He spent A LOT of money and so did those before him.

He is a defensive manager being forced to play attacking football and in the past he has proved to not be able to do that.

Either let Jose play his defensive way or else bring in someone who can play the united way.

Ancelotti would be a great manager for United

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Vicious cycle, really. When they get chances, they don't take them. Is there any team who, when desperate for wins, will drop their star player who bangs in goals to give squad players a chance? Reality is backup players need to be ready to step up, and ours never do.

but they're not getting chances as such really are they? The team is set up for Ibrahimovic or another similar striker. Nobody fits it but him, so why do the players who are not him get grief?

A couple of games here and there especially only if he's missing are not chances for young players. They will be more desperate, more panicked, more indecisive, more likely to miss, more likely to hesitate..

Well that was poor. We just lack sooooooo much imagination in our play and a clinical striker who gambles.

That long range snap-shot from Rashford which forced a decent save from Foster in the second half (the one that wasn't a free-kick) was the closest I saw to a gamble from us in that game, and it was much needed at that stage.

Sure we out-passed and out-played WBA with more than 70% possession, but they weren't a bit worried once it was all around their box and not in or through it. And then they almost nicked the 3 points in the end with that Fletcher shot/DDG fumble :eek:

Another draw at home against a team we should really be beating. It's frustrating, but it wasn't the worst performance overall. If not for the string of low scoring draws at OT this season and the other missed opportunities which went before it, this would be more palatable and attributable to "one of those days, we pick up and go again. Sure half our regulars were missing".

However, I can't take it in isolation with the epidemic of draws, plus even with half our regulars missing we still had a strong, capable side out there. Not to mention a very expensive one. The thing which was evident from the initial line-up announcement though was that if we relied on an attacking substitute, we were a bit fúcked.

No harm to Rooney, but as poor as I thought Mkhi was playing, overall he was part of an attacking unit which had WBA on the backfoot a lot of the time with some nice pressure building. Mkhi even found himself through on goal at one stage in the second half. I have no idea what Jose was expecting from Rooney, but maybe he felt he had to try something positive and his options on the bench today were severely limited in that sense.

Like others, I also think the likes of Martial and Rashford need to improve on their direct contribution to the team. For example, Martial made lots of decent dribbles today, was part of some nice link-up play, put in a few crosses, took a few shots, however the game still finished scoreless. Likewise, Rashford played his part in some decent passages of play and struck a lovely long-range free-kick, he had our only two chances on target today, however the game still finished scoreless.

These two in particular need to up their goals/assists for the team. Last season was great as they smashed onto the scene and got us some good results/moments in an otherwise shít season, but history only gets you so far. If anything, history is showing that they can contribute a whole lot more to the team but despite decent chances from the manager they are failing to do so.

We miss Zlatan, but I don't think he would have definitely changed that result today. Sure, with him on the field our chances of scoring improve, but the most frustrating home draw of them all IMO is still all too fresh in my memory (0-0 v Hull, Feb 1st) and he was very poor that night. He could have been magic today, or he could have been completely anonymous.

It's more an overall problem which goes right through the squad no matter who is or isn't playing. That's the fifth home draw this season where we should be doing better: United 1 - 1 Stoke, United 0 - 0 Burnley, United 1 - 1 West Ham, United 0 - 0 Hull, United 0 - 0 WBA.

They're just 5 of the 11 draws we have overall this season. With 28 games played, we've drawn almost half of them. 11 draws, our total in the league for 2015/16 already equaled. Draws are killing us and will likely cost us a place in the Top 4.

As for the Europa League, I wouldn't go as far to say that it's our best chance for CL next season, just the least unlikely of the two routes. Unfortunately though, the teams left in the competition are better than most of the teams we've been struggling to beat home and away in the league this season. In the last round of the Europa, we made very hard work of getting past the 7th best team in the Russian League. And if we don't win the Europa, at this stage it's quite possible we'll get another crack at it next season.

TLDR: Fúcking draws, home and away, 11 of them out of 28 games played, killing us. Unbeaten in 19 league games is only impressive and effective if we are winning the majority of those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Mr.H wrote: »

We all know that Jose is a world class manager but can you honestly say things are going according to plan? He spent A LOT of money and so did those before him.

He is a defensive manager being forced to play attacking football and in the past he has proved to not be able to do that.

Either let Jose play his defensive way or else bring in someone who can play the united way.

Jesus Christ it's been 9 months. He has 1 trophy in the bag and is unbeaten in 17 games in the league. If we had taken yes I'm blaming players here...TAKEN chances in some of the drawn games then we'd be comfortably top 4 and everyone here is raving about the leaps and bounds he's brought the team on.

Some people expect Jose to produce the United of old, let us not remember he has to slap the **** 3 years Moyes and LVG has put us through first.

In the words of a certain messaih, get a grip lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Exactly Jose needs to go

I don't think that yet. I'd still be giving him a fair bit of time. Easily into next season, unless something mental happens. Being the first season gets the manager a fair bit of leeway imo.

Even though I have doubts about his tactics, his numbers (Expected Goals, mostly) have been not too bad and so I wouldn't be surprised if plain bad luck has played a part. Finishing scoring chances is hugely prone to variance, even for the best strikers.

I'd want to see some good squad building choices in the summer and I'd hope to see some improvement in the tactics too. But he still has plenty of time to do all that.

What I don't agree with is the idea that the attacking players are the problem with the attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Exactly Jose needs to go

No this is bull****. It's his first season at a huge club. My worry is he will get it right and I think he will. This league is so tough. You have to stick with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't think that yet. I'd still be giving him a fair bit of time. Easily into next season, unless something mental happens. Being the first season gets the manager a fair bit of leeway imo.

Even though I have doubts about his tactics, his numbers (Expected Goals, mostly) have been not too bad and so I wouldn't be surprised if plain bad luck has played a part. Finishing scoring chances is hugely prone to variance, even for the best strikers.

I'd want to see some good squad building choices in the summer and I'd hope to see some improvement in the tactics too. But he still has plenty of time to do all that.

What I don't agree with is the idea that the attacking players are the problem with the attack.

The kneejerk reaction of fans is gas,"Jose must go".Under LVG we were playing atrocious keep ball.We owned the ball today mostly in the last third and rank bad finishing and decision making in decent positions led to us not scoring.Jose can't run onto the pitch and put the ball into the net for the players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Would hope that Oriol Romeu is one of the players we make an approach for this Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Chelsea have lost more than Utd this season in the league...these home draws are so frustrating

This sums up my thoughts exactly. http://www.redcafe.net/threads/what-is-jose-upto-besides-sulking-on-the-sidelines.427761/#post-20665350
    It has got nothing to do with the manager.

Sorry to be so black and white about it but as I see it anybody criticising the manager is an enemy of the club not a supporter because its knee-jerk, lazy, spoiled supporters who get good managers sacked when actually what we need is for Jose to manage us for 10+ years

The reason we have spent £600m on a squad which today led to us fielding a 19yo lone front man, an Academy graduate who has played as many Championship games as PL games, a midfield pairing of 35yo Carrick and Maroune Fellaini and two converted wingers at full back is because we have had 4 managers in 5 years and it needs to stop.

Simple reason we have drawn so many home games - our collective of attacking players are simply not good enough to break down well-organised back 10s

I get that most posters on here are used to seeing Beckham, Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney, Veron, RvN, Cantona, Tevez, Berbatov, Hughes etc....make it look easy but they were special players at their peak and not many of this lot are special!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Bastian scored for Chicago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Away kit leaked

manchester-united-17-18-away-kit-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

redcafe wrote:
    Sorry to be so black and white about it but as I see it anybody criticising the manager is an enemy of the club not a supporter because its knee-jerk, lazy, spoiled supporters who get good managers sacked when actually what we need is for Jose to manage us for 10+ years

Would have been nice for the discussion to have remained reasonable for a month or two. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Too many rubbish posts and it's expected.

Jose's team was always in top 3 when it comes to goals scored. His team holds the record for number of goals scored in La Liga.

dfx- wrote: »
    but they're not getting chances as such really are they? The team is set up for Ibrahimovic or another similar striker. Nobody fits it but him, so why do the players who are not him get grief?

A couple of games here and there especially only if he's missing are not chances for young players. They will be more desperate, more panicked, more indecisive, more likely to miss, more likely to hesitate..

Apart form Rashford which youngster is playing out of position? Even then Rashford is not strictly a CF, he is attacking player who can play in any attacking position.

Apart from Zlatan other players have failed to step up when it comes to scoring. Playing wide doesn't mean players stay wide all the time. All the players move centrally anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I know there not playing week in week out and have sometimes been out of position but for the most part Martial and Rashford have really disappointed me this season for United.

With Zlatan being out it was the perfect chance for one of them to make an impact and they have done nothing you cant even say they where tired from to many games.

I think theres a major lack of cutting edge up front. In fairness when you take out Ibra from that team it doesn't have a reliable goal scorer.

I just cant believe how bad we have been in those drawn games which have really cost us this season. Fair enough some of them we battered the other team but in fairness you felt watching it where just not gonna score.

I hope to god there is money spent on the right kind of players this summer and hopefully we can move on some of the ones that are clearly not good enough.

Even still though when you look at some of the names in that squad its bloody crazy that we couldn't of beaten some of the teams we have dropped points against this season.

There really are no excuses and we dont deserve forth place as things stand.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Would have been nice for the discussion to have remained reasonable for a month or two. Oh well.

I think what they meant was it's not good for the club to have fans that keep wanting to change manager as soon as things don't go to plan.
    Results have been frustrating but it's light years ahead of what we saw under Moyes and LVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »

While I do agree to an extent, as in the players lack of finishing all season will ultimately cost us a top 4 spot, today Jose got it wrong IMO.

Rashers is only a kid, and a light enough one at that, he was completely bullied for nearly the whole game. WB are a dogged, physical side who played deep cutting out one of his (Rashers) biggest attacking attributes, that being his pace and how he runs into space. Ashley Young adds nothing to the team and I think Shaw is done at the club sadly. IMO Fellaini should have been deployed higher up the field, not a target man for the ball but a distraction for the defenders to open spaces for Rashers, Mikhi and Martial to run into.

Disappointing day and considering the fixtures left I don't think we will get top 4.

We need to go all out for the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Didn't see the match but I sadly wasn't even suprised with the result.

While I think Jose has been at fault for some of the bad play this season but calling for him to go is crazy there's been a lot of positives as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hold on are we really discussing jose has to go? :D

just STFU :pac: thats just absolutely foolish

Rod Munch wrote: »
    While I do agree to an extent, as in the players lack of finishing all season will ultimately cost us a top 4 spot, today Jose it wrong IMO.

Rashers is only a kid, and a light enough one at that, he was completely bullied for nearly the whole game. WB are a dogged, physical side who played deep cutting out one of his (Rashers) biggest attacking attributes, that being his pace and how he runs into space. Ashley Young adds nothing to the team and I think Shaw is done at the club sadly. IMO Fellaini should have been deployed higher off the field, not a target man for the ball but a distraction for the defenders to open spaces for Rashers, Mikhi and Martial to run into.

Disappointing day and considering the fixtures left I don't think we will get top 4.

We need to go all out for the EL.

Young got forward plenty but kept checking back and then playing aimless crosses,Valencia was as culpable on the right,so much space yet reverted to type and kept passing back. Instead of helping our attack they hindered it by slowing it down and letting WBA dig in,overlaps were ignored and alas when Rooney came on he played like a fan who'd been plucked from the stands after spending 3 hours in Sam Platts.
    We had so much pace in attack but facing ten men behind the ball it was nullified and our play wasn't clever enough to open them up.
    People laud Liverpool's attack yet their fans see the same thing we saw today with United,lesser teams dig in and they struggle to score.We need a few more clever players to help us open up these types of setups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

I know there not playing week in week out and have sometimes been out of position but for the most part Martial and Rashford have really disappointed me this season for United.

With Zlatan being out it was the perfect chance for one of them to make an impact and they have done nothing you cant even say they where tired from to many games.

I think theres a major lack of cutting edge up front. In fairness when you take out Ibra from that team it doesn't have a reliable goal scorer.

I just cant believe how bad we have been in those drawn games which have really cost us this season. Fair enough some of them we battered the other team but in fairness you felt watching it where just not gonna score.

I hope to god there is money spent on the right kind of players this summer and hopefully we can move on some of the ones that are clearly not good enough.
    Jesus lads cut Rashford a bit of slack. Hes one of the bet young prospect in England and is going to need time.
    People seem to forget Ibra drew blanks in those games we drew against the weak teams at Old Trafford too. And given the choice of one of them having to go well then it should be Ibra. Rashford will be one of the best in Europe in 3 r 4 years if given time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You would be fair sick of this ****.....

Sick of it like, could predict the game before itr happened. I was wprkign, havent seen it yet but don't care. Knew it, sockl of it.

****in onwatrd and unpard

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Check out the heat maps http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/39390123

We got so far and I that was it.All our play was concentrated 25-30 yards from goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sick of it like, could predict the game before itr happened. I was wprkign, havent seen it yet but don't care. Knew it, sockl of it.

Well someone had a good day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Your typing is like Utds finishing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Basti scored for Chicago Fire on his debut

lol at the meltdown here

im reading this thinking the rival fans reading your meltdowns must be pissing themselves ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Anyone of you lads know how much it would cost roughly to get a couple of tickets to a game in Old Trafford??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

niallo27 wrote: »
    No this is bull****. It's his first season at a huge club. My worry is he will get it right and I think he will. This league is so tough. You have to stick with him

What's your thoughts on Real Madrid ? Says it all really if you are this blinkered.
    Also Inter Milan aren't exactly Athlone Town, please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

irishman86 wrote: »
    Anyone of you lads know how much it would cost roughly to get a couple of tickets to a game in Old Trafford??

IIRC tickets range in price from £31 to £55 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

adox wrote: »

So Sad how the club continues to fall.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Is the club really continuing to fall? Are the team visually playing a worse style of football than under LVG? Are we getting beaten by weaker sides regularly just like last season? We're only 13 points off last season's total for the whole season with 30 points still to play for, but somehow we're worse off now?

Does an EFL victory count for anything? A Europa QF? No, that's all part of the fall which is so sad to see? Well if we're continuing to fall, then we've been in free-fall for about 4 years now.
    Didn't see the game, not surprised with the result though.

Right.

with all due respect what are you on about? The club are rebuilding IMO Jose will push us on next year with a few key signings. this negative ****e talk is annoying me now.

Real Madrid are bigger and he failed there. What you on about?

At least pretend to be un-bias

Giggsy11 wrote:
    Jose's team was always in top 3 when it comes to goals scored. His team holds the record for number of goals scored in La Liga.

You mean his real Madrid side Were top 3 in goals scored.......

Dude cope the feck on

That side had more goal scorers than barca. He fact they were top 3 says it all about how bad they where

You mean his real Madrid side Were top 3 in goals scored.......

Dude cope the feck on

That side had more goal scorers than barca. He fact they were top 3 says it all about how bad they where

Dude get a ****ing clue. I said all his teams were in top 3 doesn't mean Madrid were just in 3rd position. Madrid broke record for goals scored in a league.

His Madird side scored more goals than Pep's Barca in 2 out of 2 seasons.

Top 3 doesn't mean they scored 3rd most goals, it means they might be 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im gonna hate myself for saying this, but after yesterday, I think we should just try concentrate on EL now. Just dropping too many stupid points to get CL imo.

I still have the faith in Jose though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Im gonna hate myself for saying this, but after yesterday, I think we should just try concentrate on EL now. Just dropping too many stupid points to get CL imo.

18 shots on goal again yesterday
    3 on target 7 blocked and rest off target.
    700+ passes

It's the same every time we come up against a team that wants to sit back just don't seem to be able get threw the middle.

Of course the manager is to blame but it's mostly down to the players. Martial and rashford have not done enough this season compaired to what they did last year they have been poor finishing this year.

Miki is getting away lightly too from the fans he was been one of our better players but he does not look like a player that was envolved in 50 goals for his club last season he needs to be scoring more.

The only attacker that we can't complain about too much is Zlatan he has missed so many chances too bit without him we are rightly ****ed.

If this type of thing happens next season it's fully on the manager but he has to fix it in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Agreed

The EL is without a doubt our biggest chance of Cl now. No question. If Jose needs to rest key players in PL matches to keep then fresh for the EL I personally would have zero problems with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

with all due respect what are you on about? The club are rebuilding IMO Jose will push us on next year with a few key signings. this negative ****e talk is annoying me now.

When you spend 500 million pounds in 4 years this rebuilding lark doesn't wash.

If it is the case that we're still rebuilding after spending all that money then there is something seriously wrong at the club.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

How will Mourinho fix the goal scoring issue in the summer though? Greizmann looks like a non runner. Mbabbe will more then likely stay at Monaco another year and is still raw. Lukaku more then likely will sign for Chelsea. Sanches if sold will either be sold abroad or replace Hazard at Chelsea. Dreis Martens of Napoli whom were linked with is a big gamble and will not imo get many goals. There's not a lot of choices to improve the situation other then rely on a 35 year old striker whom as already mentioned misses a lot more then he finishes. We should have brought Saido Mane

20120312120710388720.jpg
    Real Madrid are bigger and he failed there. What you on about?

At least pretend to be un-bias

Ladies and gentlemen here we have the latest entrant in the Liverpool FC fans Royal Rumble.

So far we have had Je_Suis_Jean, MD1990, Potential Underachiever and most recently Vanolder all eliminated from the Rumble. Their number one entrant, Niallo27 is bravely hanging on by hiding under the ring to appear every now and again with an attempted chair shot.

With United playing Everton on Tuesday next and the games coming thick and fast its only a matter of time before United slip up again and the next entrant comes to the ring.

latest?cb=20130320032006

You are so right JR. You have to admire their commitment to the cause. Its remarkable that the narrative they spin is that United are obsessed with LFC yet there has been a constant stream of entrants into the Rumble as soon as United have a bad result.

jr.jpg

Bah god Michael that is the truth. It would seem that hypocrisy is completely lost on the majority of their fans.

jerry-lawler.jpg

Puppies!

billyhead wrote: »
    How will Mourinho fix the goal scoring issue in the summer though? Greizmann looks like a non runner. Mbabbe will more then likely stay at Monaco another year and is still raw. Lukaku more then likely will sign for Chelsea. Sanches if sold will either be sold abroad or replace Hazard at Chelsea. Dreis Martens of Napoli whom were linked with is a big gamble and will not imo get many goals. There's not a lot of choices to improve the situation other then rely on a 35 year old striker whom as already mentioned misses a lot more then he finishes. We should have brought Saido Mane

Hard to know and I think it will be somewhat dependent on if we get CL or not.

Jose has already said he has his targets identified so Id imagine that the initial inquiries have already been made. He has also said that we wont waste time pursuing silly targets. We were hampered a bit last year getting Pogba in due to the Euros so Id be hopeful that all major targets will be in place by July to allow for a full preseason for everyone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If it is the case that we're still rebuilding after spending all that money then there is something seriously wrong at the club.

That seems to have a very obvious answer; that cash has been spent by three different managers, with three different philosophies. When you opt to switch managers after a disaster season, you have to accept that the rebuilding project, such as it was, is going to need to be rebooted again.

There's arguments to be made there for a director of football, so that if you switch managers, there's some sort of coherent vision from the club. But for me, it's why I am excited for the summer, and hope Jose is given the go-ahead to finish gutting the mess Moyes and Van Gaal created and actually form his own team properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

billyhead wrote: »

Mbape was never a runner and let's be honest most of us never paid any attention to him until a couple of months ago.

There are not many goalscoring options that are obvious to us but that's what scouts are for and the managers judgement.

I don't know what players are getaboe but you have Lacazette in France having a great season again you have mertens in Italy too that would probably be suitable because he is essentially a wide player that's scribing loads this year playing threw the middle and I think his contract is running down.

The goalscoring may not all be down to getting in a new player it could be mentality or a tactic change or just a different type of player maybe but it needs to be fixed.

that money was badly spent imo

jose is by far a better manager than what we have had the last few years. he needs a year or two to put his stamp on the club, I reckon we will see a solid title challenge at least next year...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Without Zlatan United really dont look like scoring, even when hes not scoring he takes so much attention from the defenders. Id like to see Lacazette in the league next year unless he wants to go to AC Milan :D

We simply haven't spread the goals around over the last few seasons. It's great that Zlatan is scoring so many but others need to chip in.
    Even yesterday there were instances where players had been in decent positions but chose a pass instead of a shot.It was like watching an LVG team again.It wasn't as if WBA were going to charge up the field if a shot was blocked.Sometimes the percentage ball is the one to play rather than go safe all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    We simply haven't spread the goals around over the last few seasons. It's great that Zlatan is scoring so many but others need to chip in.
    Even yesterday there were instances where players had been in decent positions but chose a pass instead of a shot.It was like watching an LVG team again.It wasn't as if WBA were going to charge up the field if a shot was blocked.Sometimes the percentage ball is the one to play rather than go safe all the time.

Because with the exception of Mkhitaryan, it WAS an LVG team again. The team, at the end, was...
    De Gea
    Valencia - Bailly - Rojo - Young
    Carrick - Fellaini
    Lingard - Rooney - Martial
    Rashford

No **** that team struggled to break down a park the buss team. We've known that team isn't capable of that for 2 years now :/

Thats not, btw, giving Jose a free pass on anything. Just that it shouldn't surprise people that we played like a LVG team when the team was near identical to what LVG put out last season.

We're massively reliant on Ibrahimovic, and with Pogba missing through injury and Mkhi having a quiet day, we resorted back to the same form as last season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement