Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Reminded me of the belter Ronaldo scored, might have been against Bolton?

Just a bullet of a shot.

Was against Portsmouth. One of my favourite goals he banged in for us. James never moved. Never seen a free kick arrowed dead straight into the absolute top corner like it.
    Still remember sky doing a terminator type montage of him aiming it up in build up to champions league final.

Great days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Jesus there is a lot of crosses I mean long balls into the box from the pool tonight. Shearer must be livid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

yabadabado wrote: »
    Great goal for them to concede.They will cry and whinge about it but no one to blame bar themselves. Lads still arguing to the ref 5 minutes later.

id say they are giving out about Hazards dive for the free kick.... stevie G won plenty of them frees and penos down through the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    id say they are giving out about Hazards dive for the free kick.... stevie G won plenty of them frees and penos down through the years

It wasn't a dive, more of an engineered foul. There was contact but Hazard drew the contact.

Was against Portsmouth. One of my favourite goals he banged in for us. James never moved. Never seen a free kick arrowed dead straight into the absolute top corner like it.
    Still remember sky doing a terminator type montage of him aiming it up in build up to champions league final.

Great days!!

That's the wan, damn Pompey away kit muddling my brain.

Just watched it again on YouTube.

What a fcuking free.

Remember watching it live and SS showing the replay from multiple angles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Great days!!

What a fcuking free.

One of the best free kicks Ronaldo ever scored. Just brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Can just remember David James reaction to that.. he stood there and his defender said something and he shruges and says something like "what the **** am I supposed to do there"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    One of the best free kicks Ronaldo ever scored. Just brilliant.

one of the best free kicks ever scored in premier league history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

What a fcuking free.

His goal from play in that game was pretty special too if I remember right. Class control of a ball over the top and despite a tight angle his second touch/the finish was so quick after the initial control that it was past David James before he even realised it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

It wasn't a dive, more of an engineered foul. There was contact but Hazard drew the contact.

As World Cup final referee Howard Webb said the player was clever in getting that free kick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Comeback on for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Comeback on for Arsenal.

Never doubted it. They'll win it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Speaking of Ronaldo against Portsmouth, always will remember this belter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Great results tonight !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Cheers Moyes

Costa, you gobshíte.

€10 on Liverpool now to ease the pain for the inevitable 92nd minute Mane winner.

So Arsenal lose today and have Chelsea away on the weekend. If we win two games then we may be level on points with them come Sunday. Spurs giving us hope too of catching them with that draw. Mad season. We need two wins now. We need to get out of 6th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Arsenal losing and Spurs drawing is great for us. Hopefully Chelsea don't lose; even a draw there means Pool drop points too.

Just need Chelsea now to grab a sickner.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Arsenal losing and Spurs drawing is great for us. Hopefully Chelsea don't lose; even a draw there means Pool drop points too.

A draw now would be ideal fingers crossed
    Some coop for us tonight as long as we do our job tomorrow

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    Just need Chelsea now to grab a sickner.

They had their chance and Costa bottled it. They just need to hold on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a huge game again tomorrow for us, this time we cant afford to drop points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

J. Marston wrote: »
    Costa, you gobshíte.

€10 on Liverpool now to ease the pain for the inevitable 92nd minute Mane winner.

Pool might get caught on the break

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Massive few games coming up for United now. The table could look a lot healthier, all going well. Sick of still being in 6th place at this stage!

Hopefully the Scouse don't get one.

We have had opportunities to make proper ground on a few occasions and cocked it up, if we have top 4 ambition then we simply cannot fcuk up, especially considering those ahead of us are playing each other over the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Couldn't have asked for better results

Can go 3 points off second tommorow, and Arsenal v Chelsea at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Win tomorrow is so so important now the four teams above us dropped points and city have a hard enough game tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

A win tomorrow and its 2/3 points gained on all our rivals.

Knowing that we will probably lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Everyone forgetting about City :)

• Advertisement

So would be within 3 points of second place, no games in hand for anyone, with a win tomorrow.

City have two very winnable games coming up. The league table after tomorrow will be two teams on 47, two on 46, and us on 44. if our game finishes before Citys tomorrow we will briefly be in 5th with a win. Yay.

Edit. Ah balls they play before us! Ha. Fook my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Reminded me of the belter Ronaldo scored, might have been against Bolton?

Just a bullet of a shot.

This was the one I was reminded of, ball goes up and down the same way, but the keeper/wall are ready for it and still can't do anything. That last camera angle from behind.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Tomorrow night now is a must win, no excuses, no s.hite excuses just a must win game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We need to put Hull to the sword tomorrow night. Build some momentum and improve GD.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CR 7 wrote: »

This was the one I was reminded of, ball goes up and down the same way, but the keeper/wall are ready for it and still can't do anything. That last camera angle from behind.:eek:

Saw that game in person, Old Trafford was rocking when Ronaldo scored :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

great results for us tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GSPfan wrote: »
    City have two very winnable games coming up. The league table after tomorrow will be two teams on 47, two on 46, and us on 44. if our game finishes before Citys tomorrow we will briefly be in 5th with a win. Yay.

Edit. Ah balls they play before us! Ha. Fook my life.
    West Ham have been in good form so I wouldn't be surprised if City drew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nice, 4 of the 5 teams ahead of us dropped points with City to play. Please god we do a better job on Hull than last week!!

Amazing how tight it is now at the top, 3 points potentially between 2nd and 6th. Has it ever been this tight for CL places before?? Only Chelsea safe.

Jayop wrote: »
    Nice, 4 of the 5 teams ahead of us dropped points with City to play. Please god we do a better job on Hull than last week!!

Amazing how tight it is now at the top, 3 points potentially between 2nd and 6th. Has it ever been this tight for CL places before?? Only Chelsea safe.

All competitions will kill us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Win tomorrow night and I might just do the flap flaps.

• Advertisement

Win tomorrow night and I might just do the flap flaps.

Hahaha

irishfeen wrote: »
    Tomorrow night now is a must win, no excuses, no s.hite excuses just a must win game!

I don't care if we score in the first minute and bring on 3 defenders and play with 11 behind the ball for 90 minutes it's a game we simply have to win.

If they players can't get motivated now to hammer Hull then I don't know what will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tonight really could not have gone much better.

Chelsea maybe winning, but I have taken draw beforehand.

Arsenal being Arsenal.

Tonight really could not have gone much better.

Chelsea maybe winning, but I have taken draw beforehand.

Arsenal being Arsenal.

I'm happier with the draw. Pool will slip again and again....not worried about them. Their squad is very thin and those miles will catch up.

I still hold some very low reservations of a title challenge. We still need to play Chelsea....they will drop more points...it's fickle I know but.....FOOK IT

Liam O wrote: »
    West Ham have been in good form so I wouldn't be surprised if City drew.

Possible, but Im banking on a City win. Id only be delighted if West Ham surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

City are away to West Ham, City will probably win, but they could just as easily drop points.
    All that matters is United win, and at least it is at home.

I'm happier with the draw. Pool will slip again and again....not worried about them. Their squad is very thin and those miles will catch up.

I still hold some very low reservations of a title challenge. We still need to play Chelsea....they will drop more points...it's fickle I know but.....FOOK IT

Who am I to be bursting bubbles but seriously we are not catching Chelsea. A 2nd place finish and one or two cups would be a fantastic season when you put it all in perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Liverpool might have dropped points tonight but they played well and have a lot of free time in the weeks ahead. I had hoped their freefall was terminal but I think they'll turn it around and go on a run of wins.

That'll do, pig.

Huge opportunity tomorrow for United to catch-up with the Top 4.

It's gonna be a fúcking draw isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Good night for utd in fairness. Should bring them right back into the mix tommorrow night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement