Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bangkok wrote: »
    Unlucky imo. Last night was unlucky, off the top of my head he smashed the crossbar from 30 yards earlier in the season, thats unlucky, bicycle kick in one game, thats unlucky, cross bar from header in another was unlucky, smashed the post from outside the box was another. Thats all i remember off the top of my head. I would be more worried if he wasnt getting chances. Also dont forget all the chances he has created for team mates that werent finished off

If you think so but I'd imagine lots more people would say it's poor finishing. At the end of the day if you hit the post you haven't hit the target.

I remember a few years ago and Liverpool were hitting the post in virtually every game. It's just down to long range shots, snatching at chances or just a lack of composure.

I'd say Pogba has been United most disappointing signing of last Summer. Bailey has done excellent, Ibra is your top scorer, Miki was held back by Jose but has shone since he's been involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just watched what Jose said, with the reaction on here I thought it was going to be awful, didn't see much wrong, majority of praise and only critiques one area of his game, equivalent of saying a striker needs to have that killer instinct in a way

Not too upset with the result, gave up after the Bournemouth game and I think our only chance is Europa league,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

MD1990 wrote: »
    Everyone talking about Shaw not Mourinho's record at Old Trafford. Job done from Jose. He has found his scapegoat.

Normally managers use the referee, UEFA or the opposition as the scapegoat. It's unfortunate he chose one of his own players and the kind of thing where, a few months or a year in the future, you can say "That's where it started to go wrong. That's when he lost the players."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pogba again off the crossbar last night, some teams over a season dont hit the post/crossbar as much as he has. He has been unbelievably unlucky.

Also a few on here writing him off already saying he is a waste of money etc etc its laughable. Pogba will be the main man in our team for the foreseeable future. He will probably end his "poor" season on over 10 goals which wont be a bad return considering he is not playing his best

Its not laughable. You using him hitting the crossbar last night as justification for his price is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Listening to Second Captains MOnday's show on the way into work this morning. When I'm nodding in agreement with Ken Early on things Manchester United it's a sad state of affairs.

Sorry I don't care if you think it's some agenda I have with Mourinho, I'm going to say it. Absolutely not good enough from the manager thus far, an abhorrent home record, complete mismanagement of the squad and resources, unnecessary alienation of members of the squad bordering on bullying, and looks completely devoid of ideas and how to organise attacks in the final third.

Sorry does he expect young players to just "figure" it out? He needs to coach, to manage and actually show these players how to attack, not just hang them out to dry all the time.

His comments last night "I moved Maroune up high because I felt the team did not have the confidence to play our normal game" is such a deflection from a manager who is actually clueless and devoid of ideas about how to fix this issue and how to get this attack firing.

Sorry boys, but for all the fairy bluster of "unbeaten" runs the the feel good factor some people seem to have, I'm honestly sitting here watching these games wondering why we god rid of Van Gaal. You can have all the pie in the sky you want, but this is not better and this has not gotten better. There has been no progression imo.

Some serious work for Mourinho next season. Would massively help if he stopped hanging his players out to dry game after game when it's becoming abundantly clear he is equally to blame in all of these rubbish results.

Don't care if anyone claims it's a Jose agenda I have, I'm not sitting here watching your cult leader get away scot free with a season riddled with errors and mistakes not becoming of a manager of his level and standard. I scoffed at the notion Real Madrid and his Chelsea return broke him and that he wouldn't be the same manager. While I'm not in anyway believing it, I'm starting to think it wasn't as bat**** crazy as I thought it was originally.

How the team can be playing like this in April, with the manager blaming players, is incredible stuff, incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You can paint it anyway you like, but the facts are that Jose is a disappointment this season.

We missed out on CL by goal difference last year, and despite getting a world class forward, who has delivered, a world class MF, a top winger in Micky, and practically a new player in Shaw returning from injury, are we any better off?

Yes, we move the ball around a bit quicker, but the results speak for themselves. Its not one of two games, 29 games into a season where most people were thinking we had a genuine shot at the title, certainly top 2. And now it looks like we will really struggle to make top 4 so are going to go with the risky tactic of EL. Pool saw last year that 15 poor minutes and that is all over as well.

Zlatan is making noises about going, DDG is looking like he is off. Carrick will be gone as well as Rooney next year. The first two will need serious investment to replace, just to stand still, never mind actually improving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    Its not laughable. You using him hitting the crossbar last night as justification for his price is though.

Judge him after 3 seasons... he will be worth every penny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Listen, I say this as someone whose between you and Adox on the spectrum. You cannot pay 80m for a player and then go "Ah, it'll be grand".

I do believe he'll come good, but that doesn't mean this season can't be considered a disappointment. I accept he obviously needs time to settle, and he's being let down in part by those around him, but you can't handwave that disappointment away either.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Listen, I say this as someone whose between you and Adox on the spectrum. You cannot pay 80m for a player and then go "Ah, it'll be grand".

I do believe he'll come good, but that doesn't mean this season can't be considered a disappointment. I accept he obviously needs time to settle, and he's being let down in part by those around him, but you can't handwave that disappointment away either.

Its not my money or you're money. Utd can afford to pay it. Will probably spend the same on griezmann this summer. Pogba hasnt been brilliant but he hasnt been awful either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hands up folks,who here would swap watching this team play for last seasons? Yes we didn't get results in too many matches but by Christ it's a damn sight easier on the eye compared to the mind numbing stuff we endured last season.
    I watched games last season "because it's United" but I reckon I probably enjoyed about 4 of them.
    Look across at Liverpool, when things were going pear shaped for them some doubted Klopp but are sticking with him,he's done similar to Jose,ignoring certain players,critical of others and praising more.Yet everything José says is analysed to a microscopic level.Maybe Shaw is a bit thick,it's a stereotype of many footballers that they aren't the sharpest. Pep is finding that out at City as he tries to re educate them.
    This Summer will be a massive one for the club and we can't repeat the same mistakes as before, LVG spent a shedload and still ended up playing the kids.We need top quality coming in to replace certain players and those kids will be in their 3rd season of first team football, time for them to deliver consistently or find a new club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Pogba header wasn't unlucky last night. He was underneath the ball so it was only going to rise after he headed it.

He needed to bully the two defenders, jump and get over the ball to head it down.

Not bad luck just didn't work a position to get over the ball. Or couldn't, in which case the defenders did enough to put him off.

Luck doesn't exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Out of interest, exactly what part of Jose's comments surprise you? Like, the exact words?

Hell, Jose even says...

"...but his contribution was good, he improved the team. What was good for him, I think he goes today with a positive feeling because his performance was very positive and I am happy with what he gave us."

He said that after a bit of a dressing down. I'm surprised because he put in a good display and basically was directly involved in getting a point from the game. If I hear as a player that Luke Shaw used "his body with my brain" and "He was in front of me and I was making every decision for him" from the manager after a good performance I'd be thinking what do I have to do to not get criticised. Its a bit OTT IMO.

Its not my money or you're money. Utd can afford to pay it. Will probably spend the same on griezmann this summer. Pogba hasnt been brilliant but he hasnt been awful either

Agreed, to an extent. I don't care if the money is spent, and am happy to see it spent on world class players (and I do think Pogba has potential to be one).

At the same time, I'm also not going to criticise anyone who does worry about how it's spent either. I've moaned too much about some player's wages, for instance, and how I believe they could be better spent elsewhere.

At the same time, achknowledge that when THAT level of money is spent on a player, people expect a relevant level of return, and Pogba hasn't hit the heights of an 80m player this year.

Guess what I'm saying is I agree he'll come good, but also accept there's a genuine criticize to level at him there with regards this season.

well I will but I will criticise him as I see appropriate as well. You are instantly judging him too and not in an objective way imo.

It was a huge amount of money spent and its not "laughable" when people question whether the money was spent wisely on this type of player.

I really hope he is a success but I will comment on his performances, especially when I think they are very poor and on a wider point give my opinion on the fee and whether it was wisely used.

They arent mutually exclusive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Where did Pogba play last night when he came on? He was trying to play almost like a quarterback just ahead of the defense and that's not what we bought him for. I presume that he didn't have to just decide to play there himself though.

On the Pogba header last night, I thought he was very unlucky. the ball came over the defenders head when it looked like the defender would win it. he had a split second to react and did well to get the ball near the target.

Jayop wrote: »
    Where did Pogba play last night when he came on? He was trying to play almost like a quarterback just ahead of the defense and that's not what we bought him for. I presume that he didn't have to just decide to play there himself though.

I think by the time he came on, the shape of the team was a bit all over the place. Rojo and Bailly were staying back, Pogba in the middle and everyone else pushing hard on the attack. There were times when we were nearly playing a 2-3-5 with half the team in the final third, waiting for Pogba, Shaw or Young to hit balls to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so much wrong with the team - i dislike how the we don't press effectively. The defenders first instinct seems to be to clear the ball rather than look to play out. Far too many defensive passes from midfield rather than turning on the ball and looking to play forward. Too slow to play the ball forward, to slow on the ball. All tactical/coaching/setup issues - Mourinho needs to coach the side far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

3 seasons? He's the most expensive player ever, surely its not unreasonable to expect an immediate impact and not unfair to criticize when he doesn't perform? He's 24 too he's hardly that young, Gareth Bale was a similar age when he moved to Real Madrid who mad a notable impact in his first season.

Granted Real Madrid are a far better functioning team than this United side so he will be granted time to settle but he's not immune from criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Evidently he's not immune. I do think that a lot of the criticism is ott.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    3 seasons? He's the most expensive player ever, surely its not unreasonable to expect an immediate impact and not unfair to criticize when he doesn't perform? He's 24 too he's hardly that young, Gareth Bale was a similar age when he moved to Real Madrid who mad a notable impact in his first season.

Granted Real Madrid are a far better functioning team than this United side so he will be granted time to settle but he's not immune from criticism.

Gareth bale went from the hardest league in the world to an easier league and to world class team mates who dominate 95% of games in spain.

Pogba went from one of the slowest leagues in the world to the hardest and quickest league in the world, into a disfunctioning team under a new manager still trying to find his feet at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Luke Shaw issue isn't difficult.

José is correct to criticise him. Too many managers have found these issues with him. But the way he's doing it, and the public nature of it, is wrong, and a bit mad. Why insist on saying in public that you were 'his brain'? Inferring that any praise for his performance should be judged by that caveat?

It's this sort of shít that started his spiral at Chelsea.

Just keep things private, no matter what sort of bollockses you have playing for you.

Gareth bale went from the hardest league in the world to an easier league and to world class team mates who dominate 95% of games in spain.

Pogba went from one of the slowest leagues in the world to the hardest and quickest league in the world, into a disfunctioning team under a new manager still trying to find his feet at the club

That old myth :rolleyes:

You have to agree he's been a bit ****, you expect an awful lot more for that sort of money. I would be seriously pissed off with his performances if he was putting these in for Liverpool.

rob316 wrote: »
    That old myth :rolleyes:

You have to agree he's been a bit ****, you expect an awful lot more for that sort of money. I would be seriously pissed off with his performances if he was putting these in for Liverpool.

The old myth? Bale himself even came out a few months ago saying how disadvantaged english teams are in europe as they dont have a winter break and also teams in spain dont fight like they do in england until the last min.

Even Iago Aspas looks class in spain!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

There's question marks for different reasons that the following players could leave in the summer:

De Gea
    Young, Darmian, Jones, Shaw
    Blind, Fellaini, Carrick (did he get a new contract?)
    Rooney,Ibrahimovic

Now I doubt all, or maybe even half of those will leave, but there will be massive changes in the summer. It will mean another 150m plus summer spending spree. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go over the 200m mark.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just keep things private, no matter what sort of bollockses you have playing for you.

I feel as if this is a result of trying that, and it not working. I don't think Jose jumped straight to the "give Shaw a public flogging" method. He's presumably tried to deal with it behind closed doors for months, feels the issue has been there for years (as per LVG and Hodgson) and has opted to try one last roll of the dice with a public discussion. :/

Valencia was locked in his bathroom, that's why he didn't play...One for the ladies here.

https://www.instagram.com/_u/antoniovalencia2525/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Quarter Final Draw
    Anderlecht (BEL, 1st) V Manchester United (ENG, 5th)
    Celta Vigo (ESP, 10th) V Genk (BEL, 8th)
    Ajax (NED, 2nd) V Schalke (GER, 10th)
    Lyon (FRA, 4th) V Beşiktaş (TUR, 1st)

Considering the clubs left, the leagues they hail from and their current positions - I think it's fair to say this is a historically weak lineup at the last eight stage of a UEFA Cup / Europa League. That is a good thing as it offers an excellent chance of winning the competition. However, should Mourinho and Utd fail, there will be nothing to hide behind. Indeed a loss to any of the remaining teams in the competition will be considered a disappointment. At this stage last year, Dortmund, Sevilla, Villareal and Shaktar were all left in the competition.

The tricky part is that there isn't that much in the difference between the way things are and the way they might have been. Lots of draws that a bounce or two could have turned into wins. A trophy, and potentially a major trophy + CL qualification that would put a much better sheen on it all. Whether the whole monolith can retain a level of patience / long termism to hold it all together despite the disappointment floating about is quite the question though.

• Advertisement

so much wrong with the team - i dislike how the we don't press effectively. The defenders first instinct seems to be to clear the ball rather than look to play out. Far too many defensive passes from midfield rather than turning on the ball and looking to play forward. Too slow to play the ball forward, to slow on the ball. All tactical/coaching/setup issues - Mourinho needs to coach the side far better.

I think there's still a hangover from LVG, Jose even alluded to it.Players default is still the safe pass. Pogba plays more forward passes and creates more chances than any other United player and he wasn't here under LVG.
    We are creating enough chances per game to win 5 or 6 nil every time but we just aren't taking them. Jose can't put the ball in the net.He's not perfect but he'll get it right.A difficult time a Chelsea mostly down to stuff off the pitch with him can't overshadow what he's done and I'm sure he'll get the team to where he and us want it to be.

zerks wrote: »
    I think there's still a hangover from LVG, Jose even alluded to it.

Thats a BS excuse, imo. Complete BS. LVG didn't hypnotise them or brainwash them.

There is a massive lack of confidence in the squad, I think that is the biggest issue.

Thats a BS excuse, imo. Complete BS. LVG didn't hypnotise them or brainwash them.

There is a massive lack of confidence in the squad, I think that is the biggest issue.

His philosophy was paramount, play it safe,take no risks,bore us to tears.
    Where did this lack of confidence come from? We were playing fast paced football,it's stagnated a bit lately but are some players just not up to standard. Watching Valencia kill all our attacks on the right vs WBA was deja vu. Young checking back half a dozen times before hitting the ball out of play isn't what we need either.Confidence can't be blamed when players take 3 touches when one is needed.

Thought this was a nice little summary of how the current system is flawed and a pretty obvious problem with why we arn't scoring a lot, in my eyes anyway

http://www.football365.com/news/f365s-early-loser-manchester-united-and-false-dominance

Hands up folks,who here would swap watching this team play for last seasons? Yes we didn't get results in too many matches but by Christ it's a damn sight easier on the eye compared to the mind numbing stuff we endured last season.

If you handed me a time travel device to go back in time, where I could influence the United board, I'd keep Van Gaal for his final season.

Could go into loads of hypothetical scenarios, but looking at this season, yeah I'd happily go back and keep him on. I actually liked him as a person, as a coach, and appreciated that he was building something and should have been trusted with time to develop the young talented squad he assembled. That's not a slight on Jose, I'd say really only Guardiola being our manager, would have me not feel like Van Gaal should have got the final year of his deal.

I definitely lost the faith at a certain point, and on reflection wish I was stronger with railing against the crowd and maintain my support of him longer.

Think it would have been incredible if after all the ****, and he's a proud guy, going into this season to just prove loads of people wrong. Would have been a great looking back to allow him defy the critics, including us.

Eviscerating a player in public not once but twice will do wonders for that.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    If you handed me a time travel device to go back in time, where I could influence the United board, I'd keep Van Gaal for his final season.

Could go into loads of hypothetical scenarios, but looking at this season, yeah I'd happily go back and keep him on. I actually liked him as a person, as a coach, and appreciated that he was building something and should have been trusted with time to develop the young talented squad he assembled.

I definitely lost the faith at a certain point, and on reflection wish I was stronger with railing against the crowd and maintain my support of him longer.

In hindsight, development of youth under him was more out of necessity than design,he brought in players who didn't fit his philosophy, gutted the team and had to play the kids to fill the gaps and got lucky as they performed well.What would have happened if they weren't up to scratch?
    Personally I wouldn't have liked him to stay on,his style of play sucked the fun out of watching the team,it was a chore 99% of the time.Having 3 shots on goal per game isn't my idea of fun.The conversion percentage was higher as we were starting from a low base.Now we are averaging 6 times the amount of shots on goal but simply can't put the ball in the net so the conversion percentage looks terrible in comparison but stats don't tell the whole story.
    The running joke last season when going to OT was that the football was ruining a great weekend away.At least going there now is different.

It's total bull****. I'm not seeing anything in this Jose setup that is drastically different to Van Gaal AT ALL, other then him bringing in three established first team players to assist in the attack, something Van Gaal was alluding to all season "I need fast, creative players for the final third in our transition".

The defensive structure, Jose hasn't done anything noticable. He walked into a a pretty solid defensive structure and the only difference this season is the players being good / bad. Rojo and Smalling basically interchanging their roles as "liability / rocksolid".

He has utilised a 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 on most occasions, formations that Van Gaal was using. And I'm not really seeing anything drastically different, that I wouldn't put down to just "players" that likely wouldn't have been addressed by Van Gaal anyway.

If anything our CM structure is a lot less lax and Pogba being giving freedom to mix up the play. But for Herrera talking a bit naughty about Van Gaal after he went about him struggling with the specific requirements and areas he had to operate in, I've hardly seen Herrera turn into this amazing creative midfielder. He is basically just doing the same things as he was, albeit playing more.

The worst thing Utd could have done was left Van Gaal in charge.
    he was utter poison for the club.

In hindsight, development of youth under him was more out of necessity than design,he brought in players who didn't fit his philosophy, gutted the team and had to play the kids to fill the gaps and got lucky as they performed well.What would have happened if they weren't up to scratch?
    Personally I wouldn't have liked him to stay on,his style of play sucked the fun out of watching the team,it was a chore 99% of the time.Having 3 shots on goal per game isn't my idea of fun.The conversion percentage was higher as we were starting from a low base.Now we are averaging 6 times the amount of shots on goal but simply can't put the ball in the net so the conversion percentage looks terrible in comparison but stats don't tell the whole story.
    The running joke last season when going to OT was that the football was ruining a great weekend away.At least going there now is different.

Yeah I know I'll be in the minority, so wont go at lengths to defend our outline my view on it unless maybe there is some interest. Don't want to start a big clash or "anti mourinho" stuff with people.

What I will say, is that whatever about the stats, a myth has been allowed to latch on that we have been "unlucky" this season. That's a cop out, we havn't been good enough.

It's not rocket science, teams will come and sit deep on us to hit us on the break. They have been doing it for three seasons now. The one thing that I am liking from Jose, by design or otherwise, is that he is leaving the defence entirely exposed.

Two games now we have Bailly and Rojo just in defence, with everyone else pushed up. But there is no method in the madness, it's lash in crosses, it's hit and hope, its overloading and sucking up the space.

Yeah the Van Gaal stuff was deplorable for large parts, but we understood why it was happening. When we started to come up against this tactic, to break it down you retain possesion, you rotate the ball and you recycle to probe for lapses of concentration, for mistakes, then you go for the jugular. Sure it "looks" great that we go wave after wave of attack and crosses.

But actually I'm sitting there watch crosses go into nobody, firing crosses into defenders, their bread and butter, and no real penetration or cut throat play between the lines.

I like Fellaini, I really do, I think whatever about his talent there is no way he should be derided the way he is, but if you are moving him up front after 45 minutes, I'm sorry, but you have some SERIOUS issues with your tactics, your confidence in your ability and more importantly confidence in your players ability.

Basically I can just see us grind out until the end of season, Jose going and buying two new attackers to mesh into the existing mix, these attackers being established, 25/26+ years of age, and him just hoping they sort their own **** out.

Because there is absolutely no indication what so ever, our attackers are coached in anyway shape or form in terms of how to break down a team like West Brom, or what Everton did.

And you have to laugh at the irony, you'd think if would person would now how to get through the parked bus, it would be Jose :D:D:D

I won't quote you post Doc but the major flaw in our play is the lack of runners in behind from our midfield, this was evident under LVG and still hasn't been addressed. We used to score shedloads of goai from midfield runners going ahead of the forwards. Even take Lampard etc. at Chelsea under Jose,goals galore running ito the box,surely he hasn't abandoned this and even last night questioned the attacking input of certain players,it's as if they do a certain amount and think "that's my job done,now it's somebody else's turn".
    Telling players what to do and them doing it seems to be a problem at the club.

• Advertisement

I won't quote you post Doc but the major flaw in our play is the lack of runners in behind from our midfield, this was evident under LVG and still hasn't been addressed. We used to score shedloads of goai from midfield runners going ahead of the forwards. Even take Lampard etc. at Chelsea under Jose,goals galore running ito the box,surely he hasn't abandoned this and even last night questioned the attacking input of certain players,it's as if they do a certain amount and think "that's my job done,now it's somebody else's turn".
    Telling players what to do and them doing it seems to be a problem at the club.

Yeah the lack of goals and chipping in from outside of Mata and Zlatan is incredible. I have to say I had an expectation for Pogba and that has failed to materialise thus far, onus both on him and the manager. I thought he would be doing the Lampard style thing of being box to box, but being let off with any real defensive work, left to others to do.

Posted a link a few posts back that verifies in essence what you are saying. Whatever about our crossing and "perceived" chance creation, we are getting **** all people into the box in proper threatening situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

bangkok wrote:

And will you say griezmann needs three seasons also?

Mr.H wrote: »
    And will you say griezmann needs three seasons also?

I def wont be saying he is **** or a waste of money if he doesnt hit the ground running in his first season (if he signs that is)

Also i didnt say he needs 3 seasons, i said judge him after 3

bangkok wrote:
    I def wont be saying he is **** or a waste of money if he doesnt hit the ground running in his first season (if he signs that is)

I think some of the criticism is harsh but it's rich from Jose to pick on a young lad that only returned from a huge injury this season, when players like pogba haven't done enough.

Pogba people should forget the fee. If he cost ye 10 million last season you would have to wonder would he even get a game with his work rate thus far. People persevere with him only because of what he cost.

He doesn't need to be world class and he is far from it. But he plays in midfield. He can't just not do any defensive work. He is costing united big time and returning rare flashes of brilliance.

He could go on to be a great player but right now he looks more like aquillini's first season at Liverpool. Great few passes with nothing else. No goals and leaving the team exposed.

You can have a player like that play up top but in midfield he has to put one shift. It's not about adapting to the league it's about effort. Which he has little

bangkok wrote:
    Also i didnt say he needs 3 seasons, i said judge him after 3

No-one allows three seasons before judging.

If mane was **** people would happily point it out.

Same for ibra.

Being the world's most expensive player means you have to adapt quick.

Andy Carroll was judged very fast at Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I think some of the criticism is harsh but it's rich from Jose to pick on a young lad that only returned from a huge injury this season, when players like pogba haven't done enough.

Shaw hasn't applied himself in training, the situations are difference and I say that as a huge critic of Pogba's performances.

As per usual everything Jose says is blown out of proportion, I really didn't see anything wrong in his comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Are all the other Clubs superthreads this busy with supporters from other clubs telling them the issues with their teams or is it just our one?

beno619 wrote:
    As per usual everything Jose says is blown out of proportion, I really didn't see anything wrong in his comments.

It's because it's what he does.

Mata at Chelsea, Cassillas at Madrid, the doc at Chelsea and now Shaw at United.

Jose uses scapegoats so its hard to not blow it out of proportion

beno619 wrote: »
    Shaw hasn't applied himself in training, the situations are difference and I say that as a huge critic of Pogba's performances.

Really? I thought his post game comments on Shaw were an absolute disgrace. Absolutely needless, and classless. I don't understand the play.

Just say he played well, he was supported by the coaching staff and did as he was asked to do. No need to call him an idiot in public and say you are the only reason he looked good when he came on.

When I saw the video this morning I only saw it with subtitles from a site I didn't recognize and I honestly thought it was a crap parody joke.

No-one allows three seasons before judging.

If mane was **** people would happily point it out.

Same for ibra.

Being the world's most expensive player means you have to adapt quick.

Andy Carroll was judged very fast at Liverpool

Comparing pogba to andy carroll. Lol

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement