Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Masters weekend :D

Yep, we have a Par 3 championship on in the home club on Sunday too so not too much work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If United played for ten hours we wouldn't have a fraction of the luck in front of goal for any of the three goals tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

stankratz wrote: »
    I've never really been into golf. I played for 2 months during my teens in the late 90s, was terrible.

Now in my early-mid 30s, I'm finding myself drawn to it and think I'm going to get a set of clubs and a local membership in the Summer.

Can any of you explain what the f*ck is going on, or have experienced something similar?

Midlife crisis :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Hococop wrote: »
    Midlife crisis :p

He'll be driving a Porsche next

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Golf is shíte. There I said it.

stankratz wrote: »
    I've never really been into golf. I played for 2 months during my teens in the late 90s, was terrible.

Now in my early-mid 30s, I'm finding myself drawn to it and think I'm going to get a set of clubs and a local membership in the Summer.

Can any of you explain what the f*ck is going on, or have experienced something similar?

Old age man, old age!

Though I'm in a similar boat. Took it up about a year and a half ago though I played Pitch and putt properly for years so it was an easier transition. It's definitely one of the hardest games I've ever played. Was a low hc pitch n putt player but am a high hc golfer. Mad game.

I mainly took it up to spend time with the aul lad before it's too late :D he is pretty decent player. Never bleedin helps me out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

The City Chelsea game tonight is so much more fast paced. Our players seem to run with lead in there legs. Checked an article about teams that have covered most distance in the prem and it was done in November but we were bottom!!

Woohoo we are 6th! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    The City Chelsea game tonight is so much more fast paced. Our players seem to run with lead in there legs. Checked an article about teams that have covered most distance in the prem and it was done in November but we were bottom!!

I'm very curious to see how we get on against teams that don't park the bus, and actually want a ga,emof fast paced football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »

Feels more comfortable

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm very curious to see how we get on against teams that don't park the bus, and actually want a ga,emof fast paced football.

That was ment to be everton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

xX7yRPs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

4th place being well and truely put to bed this week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People need to look at the positives...........................

We're 10 points ahead of West Brom.

Its the hope that kills ya

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Notice how spurs and pool turn around a 1-0, why can't we

We did we just didn't win.

People jinxing stuff all over boards tonight we never had a chance of holding out for the results.

We're not as good as those teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

As the season is more or less over.... just thinking about some old obscure United trivia..... the name Carlos Satori came to mind, the first non british/ irish player to play for us, Italian born but reared a Manc. Think he had red hair too:)

Anyway what's your obscure United trivia from old ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Enjoyable last 5 mins to end the midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bournemouth giving me a childish little grin.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Enjoyable last 5 mins to end the midweek

If anything it will quieten opinions down for a few days

After reading some of the scutter that was posted here today, that result, and the manner of that result is making me happy :D

Klopp tries a Plan B which is park the bus.

Klopps plan B fails miserably :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Feels like time for a lap of honour ;)

• Advertisement

Great night for us disregarding our own form!

• astradave wrote: »
    After reading some of the scutter that was posted here today, that result, and the manner of that result is making me happy :D

Klopp tries a Plan B which is park the bus.

Klopps plan B fails miserably :D

Oh man i told ya! Meltdowns all over the shop :P

To be honest for the first time this season someone else's result made me so pissed off about our own. The last two games should of been six bloody points in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Used to feel happy seeing teams above us drop points thinking we'll take advantage of their loss. But nope!! It's as if we're trying to finish 6th at this stage. League is done for us. Europa is our only hope

Would've won €50 if they had won so they've only soured my mood further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

All the eggs in the Europa League basket now.

If anyone needs me you know where to find me ........

tumblr_noys8mkg_T11s0my1wo1_250.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Can anyone tell me the difference between a one man team and a one mane team?

If you believe some of the rumours one is apparently far superior to the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

My missus won €140 tonight in a" Last man standing" , she picked Leicester last night and the other person left picked Pool tonight. Nice to win €140 on the back of Pool dropping pints :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Great night for us disregarding our own form!

Overstating it a bit to be fair. Arsenal won. Spurs won and Liverpool drew.
    Those three losing would be a great night.

Top 4 is still within grasp for sure. You'd swear we are 10 points off it with 4 games left.

I understand our games are tougher but still very much a good chance of getting there. Also looking at the positive side, if we beat City we can get more ground on them (unlikely I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Liverpool will get 4th because there is no one to challenge them for it. We aren't worth a ****3 in the league this year and Arsenal are a ticking time bomb.

So many draws at home against mediocre and poor opposition have destroyed us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Quandary wrote: »
    Liverpool will get 4th because there is no one to challenge them for it. We aren't worth a ****3 in the league this year and Arsenal are a ticking time bomb.

So many draws at home against mediocre and poor opposition have destroyed us.

Yep.

As amusing as it always to see them park the bus and still drop points we are still what, 5 points off them?

All out for the EL is the most realistic chance we have of getting CL next year.

Those results tonight are more teasing us, even trolling us at this stage, rather than being promising for us. "Haha, look at how well you'd be doing if you could put a few home wins together, lol".

5 draws from the last 6 home games, but we're still 6 points off 3rd placed Liverpool and have 2 games in hand? It's the hope that kills you indeed, but the hope won't even be turning my head.

I'll take some joy because our rivals have piss in their soup after laughing at our own pissy soup, not because it still gives us hope for Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm really looking forward to our run in

It'll be a great indicator of who isn't up to scratch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

These stupid results, that we all know will come for our rivals for top 4 do nothing but highlight how inadequate we have been over the season. 4th should not even be in question with the competition so poor, and yet.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Wouldn't it be hilarious if pool pipped us to top 4 but we win the EL and then Leicester go and win the CL. Imagine the meltdowns :D

These stupid results, that we all know will come for our rivals for top 4 do nothing but highlight how inadequate we have been over the season. 4th should not even be in question with the competition so poor, and yet.

Yo' String, whaddup?
    I finally watched the f*cking Wire

As for United...

There is the 'If me aunty had a bollix, she'd be me uncle' argument, but looking at all those 12 draws and remembering how some of them played out, we should have 3rd place all but cemented at this stage. Rivals' results shouldn't even really concern us by now, we should be looking up the table at Spurs and Chelsea.

I'm talking about if even 4 of those 12 draws overall were wins instead, an additional 8 points would have us laughing and still with the game or two in hand. 'Shoulds' and 'ifs' mean nothing though. The reality is that it's been a mixed season for us, even more so in the second half of it.

'Unbeaten in 20 league games' should be a good thing, but because half of those 20 results are draws it means nothing to our progress on the table. Sure, it's great not to be losing and overtaken by Everton and WBA, there's that, but we've gifted Liverpool or Arsenal a Top 4 spot.

"Gifted them", I guess that's a polished up way of saying that we haven't been good enough.

• Looks like Jose has sparked a fire in Shaw
    Delighted and I'm sure will upset some rivals with the nonsense narritve yet again

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/849741388325564416

Wouldn't it be hilarious if pool pipped is to rope 4 but we win the EL and then Leicester go and win the CL. Imagine the meltdowns :D

Carlsberg don't do perfect 'as good as we can hope for at this stage' season outcomes, or even that nice of a beer, but if they did...:pac:

Ah, Leicester eh? I'm telling yis, the only thing that will now stop them from getting Top 4 this year is the lack of games left to win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Looks like Jose has sparked a fire in Shaw
    Delighted and I'm sure will upset some rivals with the nonsense narritve yet again

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/849741388325564416

Phew

Go on Shaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Those quotes were from before what Mourinho said last night.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

It was from the embargoed news today so are you sure? This is the Mark Odgen article that they are taken from

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/3096673/luke-shaw-determined-to-stay-and-fight-for-his-manchester-united-place

Lucas Hood wrote: »

You sure? I thought they were with from today but either way I don't think last,night makes a gel of a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/05/luke-shaw-vows-fight-manchester-united-future-play-manager/

"I have missed it so much, being on the pitch," said Shaw, who was speaking before Mourinho's remarks about the player needing to improve his game intelligence. "I really do love football and I love to play on the pitch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement