Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Somewhere Bangkok just lost his shît

Taking a break from the golf to watch some football today. :D

Go Team Red in blue

O Ya forgot to say Fellaini captain fantastic :D (or captain elbows) whichever you prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Whats up with De Gea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nope, workrate is just as important as intelligence. Having a lot of either is hugely advantageous, because they're both fundamentally important in the sport. Height is nothing remotely like that.

But it wasn't a work rate stat it was sprinting.. That's the point it was a simple sprinting stat thats not work rate he could be sprinting in any direction or making stupid sprints it's all the same.

It was a stat that said he was number one for sprinting just that. Look they and others laughed at some of us for suggesting that stats showed pogba was creating loads of chances but them stats don't show the quality of chances he was creating which is fair.

Anyway look its going on for two days now just accept I won and we move on ok ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Worrying about De Gea being dropped. Interesting to hear what Jose will say about it pre-match. Wheres Tony V? :(

Happy enough with the team apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Fellaini captain!!! Brilliant

I wonder are we going to go all out an win the toss so shaw can play he first half down joses side and then sub him at half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Bryan Robson, Steve Bruce, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Peter Schmeichel, Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney..... all utd legends and captains.

How did it ever come to this........ :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've got no problem with De Gea being dropped. Needs a fire lit under him. His level has dropped significantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Mo as captain. Legend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I think Romero is being given his run out today instead of the Europa like he usually does as it's too important a competition to us now.

If we aren't winning against Sunderland then we are in awful trouble. 1 goal in their last 8 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

J. Marston wrote: »
    I've got no problem with De Gea being dropped. Needs a fire lit under him. His level has dropped significantly.

Yea he has gone from being the best keeper in the world to.........still the best keeper in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i don't know why people are talking about De Gea being dropped. Clearly he must have some sort of injury, as is being reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

i don't know why people are talking about De Gea being dropped. Clearly he must have some sort of injury, as is being reported.

Yehh jose said he has a problem and he be ok for next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thrilled for Fel. Clear sign that dedication and hard work is rewarded.

Degea to start the EL match instead of Romero on Thursday I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Let me guess, DDG is now under Jose's bus, yeah?

Shaw an Mikhi have crawled from under it so someone has to be there, that's how he rolls after all.

Lol De Gea dropped and all of a sudden people's opinions change about him. C'mon guys wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Let me guess, DDG is now under Jose's bus, yeah?

Shaw an Mikhi have crawled from under it so someone has to be there, that's how he rolls after all.

Or yano the logical explanation, he's injured and we've Chelsea next week...

But sure whatever fits the narrative

astradave wrote: »
    Degea to start the EL match instead of Romero on Thursday I reckon

Jose, if I remember, said we'd be focus ing on the EL if we didn't win against Everton. I'd Be expecting weaker PL teams before EL games going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lol De Gea dropped and all of a sudden people's opinions change about him. C'mon guys wtf

Whos opinion of him has changed? He's not beyond criticism.

bangkok wrote: »
    Bryan Robson, Steve Bruce, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Peter Schmeichel, Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney..... all utd legends and captains.

How did it ever come to this........ :(

Poor effort.

What's up with Valencia?

astradave wrote: »
    What's up with Valencia?

Presumably rested for EL.

• Advertisement

Just realised after reading Fel was captain cause he's longest serving member of the team...have we had teams before now that had no Fergie players in it?

Edit. Pogba, I guess, but does he count?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just realised after reading Fel was captain cause he's longest serving member of the team...have we had teams before now that had no Fergie players in it?

Edit. Pogba, I guess, but does he count?
    Lingard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oh no!! Fellaini as captain. The World is coming to a end.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

would ye ever **** get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Oh no!! Fellaini as captain. The World is coming to a end.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

would ye ever **** get a grip.

I would've thought Herrera would gave beenn the obvious choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Robson99 wrote: »
    I would've thought Herrera would gave beenn the obvious choice

TBF he should be captain, but I wish that was the least of our worries. Fellaini has been very good this season, for most part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I can't remember us being this bad..

Awful game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hon zlatan

Pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Was just about to post how terrible this game has been but Jesus zlatan is some man.

Should be comfortable now. Probably only a yellow really.

Not liking the look of Shaw at all. Looks very uncomfortable there

Not liking the look of Shaw at all. Looks very uncomfortable there

You think?

Playing well IMO.

Some good runs and link up play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Very harsh red there. Yellow at most IMO. Not a great performance from us once again but Shaw has looked effective on the left flank which is very refreshing to see. Would be delighted for him if he was able to nail himself down as a starter.

• Rod Munch wrote: »
    You think?

Playing well IMO.

Some good runs and link up play.

Agree, thought he was one of our better players today so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

jayo26 wrote: »
    But it wasn't a work rate stat it was sprinting.. That's the point it was a simple sprinting stat thats not work rate he could be sprinting in any direction or making stupid sprints it's all the same.

It was a stat that said he was number one for sprinting just that.

But number of sprints is a good indication of workrate. Whether he is making good choices of where to run is to do with intelligence, and you can look at that separately. Even looked at on its own, workrate is very important. Just as intelligence, on its own, is.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Look they and others laughed at some of us for suggesting that stats showed pogba was creating loads of chances but them stats don't show the quality of chances he was creating which is fair.

Man, I'm just not going to care what they said to you. The whole "number of sprints, lol" is just silly carry on.

Pogba and Miki have been utter muck.

Was an awful game and display up until the goal. The standard of our play has been pretty dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The standard of play is as bad as last season it's tough to watch at times. Would agree that shaw has been one of the better players and we'll zlatan is just a genius we need to keep him for next season.

<3 Kagawa Mk II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jesus lads we scored twice! We're been spoiled

Pogba should be taken off. Joke level of performance.

I wonder are we going to go all out an win the toss so shaw can play he first half down joses side and then sub him at half time

Called it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Would be great to see Herrera and Zlatan spared for Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Away fans making great noise all game.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Away fans making great noise all game.

I have to say, every time I watch us away they have been incredible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement