Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Its crazy how bad we are at the final 3rd, we can't shoot pass or cross for **** when we get near the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Twice Zlatan ****ed up the pass when we were 2 on 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hococop wrote: »
    Its crazy how bad we are at the final 3rd, we can't shoot pass or cross for **** when we get near the box

With the exception of Zlatan, our whole team looks short on confidence and afraid to try something when in the final third.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Quandary wrote: »
    With the exception of Zlatan, our whole team looks short on confidence and afraid to try something when in the final third.

Even when we do we make a complete mess of it and over hit a pass/cross

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It feels like 10 times in the match today I've thought to myself "This is why we're sixth." So pedestrian in the final third

• Advertisement

Why the hell is Jose leaving 35 year old Zlatan on when we need him for our most important match next Thursday. Same with Herrera. Arguably Our two most important players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This is frustrating few extra goals here for goal difference could be handy at end of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Quandary wrote: »
    Why the hell is Jose leaving 35 year old Zlatan on when we need him for our most important match next Thursday. Same with Herrera. Arguably Our two most important players.

He's had two or three weeks off recently and this hasn't been a difficult game. 3/4 days rest will be plenty.

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's had two or three weeks off recently and this hasn't been a difficult game. 3/4 days rest will be plenty.

Fitness wise I agree it's no problem but if they picked up injuries it would be completely unnecessary. I'd love to see TFM get a run out in place of Herrera and Martial up front in place of Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go wan Rashford

go wan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lovely. Nice bit of a confidence boost for Rashford

Flashersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Nice 3rd there. Hope this helps Rashford score a few more before the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd happily take 8 more boring wins like that between now and the end of the season.

Also,

Win Percentage in games Fellaini captained: 100% #WellDoneFellaini :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We scored more than one,we scored more than one,we're Man United, we scored more than one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well done Shaw.

Well done Rashers.

Well done Zlatan.

Well done Fellaini.

Another uninspiring win but a win nonetheless.

Still feel that top 4 is gonzo but its a good win before Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Handy win!! Wtf is this carry on..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Wait why am I just finding out now that we have two games in hand!!! Top 4 still a possibility in that case. We'll drop more points but so will our rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Handy win!! Wtf is this carry on..

Great result. Sending off killed the game though. I don't think our performance was all that great at 11 v 11.

Brilliant to see Shaw growing in confidence and Rashford getting a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd happily take 8 more boring wins like that between now and the end of the season.

Also,

Win Percentage in games Fellaini captained: 100% #WellDoneFellaini

Win percentage when jayo26 creates match thread: 100% :P #welldonejayo26

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

3 goals score. 3 different goal scorers.

Alternative universe.

adox wrote: »
    3 goals score. 3 different goal scorers.

Alternative universe.

Yehh and against a team that are top of the lowest points league table.... Looking good I must say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Good game from everyone. The difference having 2 smart full backs on there who don't just put loads of aimless crosses in was telling. Much better buildup through the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Only 3 goals off city's GOAL difference after that.

A win against Chelsea next week would be HUUUUGE

Liam O wrote: »
    Good game from everyone. The difference having 2 smart full backs on there who don't just put loads of aimless crosses in was telling. Much better buildup through the middle.

I thought Blind was muck when he came on.
    Will be glad to see tha back of him when he's hopefully gone in the summer.

FB_IMG_1491748181238.jpg

Benjamin Button, good man Zlatan.

• ****ing Love Zlatans mentality
    Such a ****ing winner
    Thank **** we signed him

LOl "I'm like Bejaman Button!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The team actually look collectively knackered, which is obviously only going to get worse in the run in. To focus on the positives, a win, a relatively relaxing run out, goals for Miki and Rashford and of course our Lord and saviour Zlatan.

No injuries either I think, possibly Shaw who I thought had a good game.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ah would you come off it, it was a 10 man Sunderland. We would have won just as convincingly with Valencia in there. You were doing the same thing after we beat Blackburn, talking up Ashley Young as a RB over Valencia.

The thing Carrick was laughing about was, Jose asking him who Diego was the fans were singing about.

I loved, loved, loved the unselfishness from Zlatan to lay the ball back to Rashers for his goal.

Its clear the lad is short in a bit of confidence so to have some one like Zlatan put trust in you to do the business can only help him.

It would be brilliant if he could gonon a scoring run between now and season end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

The thing Carrick was laughing about was, Jose asking him who Diego was the fans were singing about.

I guessed that's what it might be, where did you get that confirmed?

Or did you lip read it? :D

limnam wrote: »
    I guessed that's what it might be, where did you get that confirmed?

Or did you lip read it? :D

I seen it on Twitter couldnt post link as its from the match. Someone lip read it for me :D

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Ah would you come off it, it was a 10 man Sunderland. We would have won just as convincingly with Valencia in there. You were doing the same thing after we beat Blackburn, talking up Ashley Young as a RB over Valencia.

Young is more capable of beating a player and getting to positions where it's not a hit and hope cross. He's still not great though and worse at defending than Valencia but in games where United are at home or against lower league opposition that doesn't become such an issue.

Shaw got into positions on the left that the team have been lacking to put in crosses or pull defenders and Darmian played some nice forward balls through to the attackers. This helped the team more than running forward, shítting the bed and turning back to the CMs.

Yes it was easier after the red but there were better signs before that. Might just be having Pogba back in there though...

Young is more capable of beating a player and getting to positions where it's not a hit and hope cross. He's still not great though and worse at defending than Valencia but in games where United are at home or against lower league opposition that doesn't become such an issue.

Shaw got into positions on the left that the team have been lacking to put in crosses or pull defenders and Darmian played some nice forward balls through to the attackers. This helped the team more than running forward, shítting the bed and turning back to the CMs.

Yes it was easier after the red but there were better signs before that. Might just be having Pogba back in there though...

You really think everyone played well? It was more or less muck up until the sending off bar the piece of magic from Zlatan.

It was a poor enough performance overall. Sunderland are just the worst team in the league and competed for more than half the game with 10 men.

Anderlecht playing gent at 5 will keep an eye on it.

adox wrote: »
    You really think everyone played well? It was more or less muck up until the sending off bar the piece of magic from Zlatan.

It was a poor enough performance overall. Sunderland are just the worst team in the league and competed for more than half the game with 10 men.

There was more good play through the middle that in a lot of recent games and better chances being created. There's still a problem with not taking them but compared to the 2 recent draws there was higher quality chances being created imo. Sunderland being bad helps with this obviously but in terms of breaking a team down I was encouraged by it more than in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I loved, loved, loved the unselfishness from Zlatan to lay the ball back to Rashers for his goal.

Its clear the lad is short in a bit of confidence so to have some one like Zlatan put trust in you to do the business can only help him.

It would be brilliant if he could gonon a scoring run between now and season end.

The thing is Zlatan was trying to get Rashford a goal before that.
    Zlatan is intelligent, he knows if he can get Rashford on the score sheet, it could be the confidence boost needed in upcoming matches and that was more important than going for goal himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Great match thread. Would participate again.

Everton vs Leicester gonna be good one by looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

What helped the team was playing bleedin Sunderland. Even before the sending off; they are an awful team. It is an absolutely desperate argument to hold up games against Sunderland and Blackburn as evidence that Valencia at RB holds back our attacking play compared to Young and Darmian.

• TheDoctor wrote: »
    Great match thread. Would participate again.

I take pride in being Captain
    Like fellani

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Darmian contributed nothing in the offense. If you think Valencia is the problem for us this season then you have to either watch the game more carefully or make sure you are watching same game as rest of us.

Your obsession with Valencia is weird. It was young, Smalling and now it's Valencia.

So, Anderlecht up next and still our best chance of CL next year.

What's the schtory with DDG?

Did José comment on him after the game?

Presumably Val will be back in at RB.

I'd hope Shaw did enough to retain his spot.

Lingard was very wasteful today IMO.

I'd like to see Rashers in for him on Thursday.

Starting 11 for me would be.

DDG

Val
    Bailly
    Rocko
    Shaw

Ander
    Pogs
    Fell

Rashers
    Mikhi

Zlatan

• Rod Munch wrote: »
    So, Anderlecht up next and still our best chance of CL next year.

What's the schtory with DDG?

Did José comment on him after the game?

Presumably Val will be back in at RB.

I'd hope Shaw did enough to retain his spot.

Lingard was very wasteful today IMO.

I'd like to see Rashers in for him on Thursday.

Starting 11 for me would be.

DDG

Val
    Bailly
    Rocko
    Shaw

Ander
    Pogs
    Fell

Rashers
    Mikhi

Zlatan

Team looks spot on. I believe he took a knock but expected to be available Thursday.
    Still worst case Romero is a great goalkeeper to have as reserve IMO

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Team looks spot on. I believe he took a knock but expected to be available Thursday.
    Still worst case Romero is a great goalkeeper to have as reserve IMO

He has been very solid alright, good position to be in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement