Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pro. F wrote: »
    Funnily we disagree on both points here. I think he is more than good enough to be first XI for a team chasing the PL and CL trophies. And I think, if anything, refs have mostly been fairly lenient on him throughout his career, because he is a dirty player.

On the second point meant more recently, his fouls conceeded and cards received has drastically declined.

No doubt a dirty player, well bit of a throwback midfielder for me, but think he's not being instantly penalised as much as he was say last season or even early parts of this season.

Can't remember him ever putting in a leg breaker (in recent memory) just loves throwing those elbows around :D

Football365 has been sh*te for a while now.

Since when? Still think they are on the money with so much stuff. I think I like them because of their station and setup, they can rail against the grain and the established nonsense, because they have no relationship with players or clubs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I love Fellaini.

No, I don't think he's good enough for an elite team's midfield. But he works damn hard, always does whatever a manager asks for him, and you can rely on him to fight, which is a damn sight more than you can say for a lot of players. He shows a level of commitment that puts a lot to shame, and while I don't think he should be a starter, he's defo good enough to be a great bench option for us.

If you think it's a shame he gets into the team so often, don't blame the guy who works his ass off, and don't blame the guy who chooses the guy who works his ass off. Turn your ire towards the lazy so-and-so's who have a far higher ceiling but seemingly aren't pushing themselves to hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

TheDoc wrote: »
    On the second point meant more recently, his fouls conceeded and cards received has drastically declined.

No doubt a dirty player, well bit of a throwback midfielder for me, but think he's not being instantly penalised as much as he was say last season or even early parts of this season.

Can't remember him ever putting in a leg breaker (in recent memory) just loves throwing those elbows around :D

Yeah, I think you are right that he has cleaned up his game a bit in the last while. Wouldn't be surprised if that is down to Jose's coaching. He seems to be able to really tidy up players defensively, which maybe helps stop Fellaini from getting distracted.

I've just always been surprised at the things he does get away with. I wonder if refs are more often looking down at feet and the ball, so they are more likely to miss the elbows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To be fair he made some good runs and also remember specifically him dribbling past the Sunderland defense and a decent shot that followed.

Yeah among are ridiculously expensive signings he's one of the few players who can pick up the ball beat a man or two and make something happen all on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

It's a general hot topic, respect peoples opinions that are levelled with him.
    t

Its not really about opinions though.

He consistently performs to a high level compared to the rest of our midfield. If he keeps outperforming the competition he plays.

Martial is far better than Lingard and Rashford but they are performing so you wont hear many complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Since when? Still think they are on the money with so much stuff. I think I like them because of their station and setup, they can rail against the grain and the established nonsense, because they have no relationship with players or clubs.

Since they changed the website layout, I think they changed ownership around that point. Personally I'm put off by the sarcastic sense of humour on the site and their nauseating social justice crusade. I don't like the favourites they have in their mailbox either.

Since they changed the website layout, I think they changed ownership around that point. Personally I'm put off by the sarcastic sense of humour on the site and their nauseating social justice crusade. I don't like the favourites they have in their mailbox either.

Yeah I don't real the mailbox segment at all. Although think their "SJC" is just shedding a light and a mirror on the tribalism of English football that doesn't hurt, when you have other national publications calling certian things like racism, sexism and homophobism "banter".

I rarely read those pieces and think "oh what come on you SJW" I think the pieces they do in that territory are usually spot on.

beno619 wrote: »
    Its not really about opinions though.

He consistently performs to a high level compared to the rest of our midfield. If he keeps outperforming the competition he plays.

Martial is far better than Lingard and Rashford but they are performing so you wont hear many complaints.

Well it is opinion in the sense if people feel he is good enough to be a first choice midfielder in a team with PL and CL aspirations. And that is fine.

I'm not deriding the guy. Yes he does perform consistently, but I'd imagine once the likes of Pogba, and potentialy a new CM come in and hit the ground running he will be back a squad player again.

I don't dislike the guy, I'd very much like him to work out better, but he is consitently being a stopgap, having to take advantage of when other more talented midfielders go out of form.

I'd actually rate him pretty close to Hererra if I'm honest, who hasn't kicked on as I'd like.

The Fellaini below, from Van Gaals first season, I'd more then welcome into our team with open arms. I don't know if he is a holding CM, a box to box, I don't know what he is, but THAT Fellaini was a pretty incredible force that season. That little spell and run against Spurs, City, Liverpool and there was someone else. I always harp back, because I thought it was when Van Gaal "got it". But Fellaini was there by being incredible, not just because Di Maria was out of sorts. Fellaini was a monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9QA7qB4BtA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Two wins from the next two games would be a lovely return Realistically probably be a win and a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jayo26 wrote: »
    Two wins from the next two games would be a lovely return Realistically probably be a win and a draw.

Realistically Id say its a draw and a loss. Not that we arent capable of getting results, I just would see a draw and a loss more likely

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Realistically Id say its a draw and a loss. Not that we arent capable of getting results, I just would see a draw and a loss more likely

I dont think Chelsea will beat us i feel we have enough in defence and we definitely can beat Anderlecht get the tie in control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jayo26 wrote: »
    I dont think Chelsea will beat us i feel we have enough in defence and we definitely can beat Anderlecht get the tie in control.

Id say he would be resting players in the Chelsea game though, hence my worries.

I think we can get a win in the EL but I feel a draw is more likely away from home.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Few players don't like the way coach wants the team and individuals to play and few like it. For example Evans said he learnt more in few months under LVG than all the seasons put together.

IMO Van Gaal tried to change way too much and many of our players didn't respond or simply dumb to carry out instructions.

I have heard other players compliment LVG, like Lingard recently. Individual perspective will have its part to play of course - Morgan is speaking from the PoV of a player whose United career failed, under 2 managers. Lingard is speaking from the PoV of a player getting regular game time at United with a new long-term contract.

Still though, going on what we previously heard about LVG's methods, Schneiderlin's words are hardly news to us. If LVG was so strict and unrelenting in his ways, I'm not surprised it didn't work out in the end.

I know nothing, but I do think that some of the players might have downed tools towards the end of Moyes' time at United (not trying to absolve Moyes, he shouldn't have been there in the first place), but I really think they give LVG's plan a shot, and in the end, it just wasn't a good plan.

10 years ago today. Time, please slow the f*ck down...

gGGUnnp.jpg?1

All the goals:

https://streamable.com/x6mnn

Carrick reflecting on the game and his goals:

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/851378119214747649

Me and the several of the lads were due to go over. I pulled out a few days beforehand because of a work opportunity. The lads went, I gave up my ticket and stayed at home to work. I can't even remember the f*cking job or what I got paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/851461988777676800

Why does Rashford look like a mini Valencia?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Why does the photo look so old when Rashford probably looked like that in 2008/2009 :D Jesus I'm old now

Mars Bar wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MarcusRashford/status/851461988777676800

Why does Rashford look like a mini Valencia?!

Take Rashford's name and the English text away, and I honestly would have thought it was Tony V at first glance.

"Future and Aims is adorable, thrilled it worked out for you, but what happened to your grasp of the English language since then, Antonio?"

stankratz wrote: »
    Take Rashford's name and the English text away, and I honestly would have thought it was Tony V at first glance.

"Future and Aims is adorable, thrilled it worked out for you, but what happened to your grasp of the English language since then, Antonio?"

Maybe he is the real Benjamin Button forgetting how to speak and cross regressing back to a toddler

• Advertisement

Why does the photo look so old when Rashford probably looked like that in 2008/2009 :D Jesus I'm old now

haha thought of that minute I saw it, assumed it was from a paper :D

We all becoming Crystal Palace fans for the night?

I'd imagine some already have their Dancing Pardew gifs prepared :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »

I could think of better dancing gifs I'd rather use but I'm not allowed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Lets go Palace, lets go!

Anyone watch Claudio on Monday night football he is brilliant I love listening to him explaining his team setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Just watched the goals from the 7-1 over Roma in the champions league. I think it's 10 years ago today?

Depressing to watch and think that we once played like that and could beat anyone on our day!

*Just seen someone posted it ha*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »

Surely you mean big Sam ;)

R6yxBY.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Daffodils are looking lovely by moonlight

5th is the new 6th

• AFTV 4 D Win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Could be worse. Could be Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Brilliant dive for the Peno in fairness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Disgusting dive there for the peno. Would love a video ref to call that a dive and sin bin the player but unfortunately neither exist in the Premier League just yet.

This is mad Ted

Arsenal have a tough run in too.

We could get fifth!!!

Arsenal have deserved nothing from this match. Terrible team atm. Doesn't look like anyone is playing for Wenger

Wenger out this week I think

There's not a hope in hell Sanchez will stay there if they continue like this. Id like us to be interested but I just don't think we will be much of an improvement for him unless we get CL football.

Probably the end of Wenger. I think the top 4 is pretty much set now and he won't survive not getting CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Didn't think that was a dive at all.

Loads of Arsenal players with only one year on their contracts this summer.

Could see a big exodus

• Advertisement

Just checked Crystal Palace's fixtures. Of the 7 games left they play Spurs, Liverpool, City, and United. Looked like they were stuffed but they've beat Chelsea and Arsenal in the last 9 days.

"You're not fit to wear the shirt" chants from Arsenal fans.

We've been pretty shìt this season but at least that kind of toxicity hasn't surfaced.

J. Marston wrote: »
    "You're not fit to wear the shirt" chants from Arsenal fans.

We've been pretty shìt this season but at least that kind of toxicity hasn't surfaced.

We booed one of our own players. I don't think we can talk.

Another quality instalment of Arsenal Fan Tv later to look forward to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That right there is a bad one. Renewing my hope for a fourth place finish in the league somewhat.

GSPfan wrote: »
    We booed one of our own players. I don't think we can talk.

Forgot about that, good point.

At least we don't hate the entire team.

Not yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Another quality instalment of Arsenal Fan Tv later to look forward to

Ooh the blud/fam count is gonna be of the charts blud :pac:

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ooh the blud/fam count is gonna be of the charts blud :pac:

:D:D:D

I give up blud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Poor Wenger, its getting as bad as the end of Moyes at OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jayop wrote: »
    I give up blud.

Don't fam :pac:

The 2 Arsenal supporters I know, oh they ain't gonna know what hit 'em :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement