Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm reading palace had 28% possession. How is that little ball and winning 3 nil even possible. That's just an insane statistical anomaly.

Do we have to play them again?

Ive never watched and pretty much ignored the whole arsenal tv thing but might give it a craic tonight where does one watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ive never watched and pretty much ignored the whole arsenal tv thing but might give it a craic tonight where does one watch it.

Yeah they have to play 4 of the top 6 in their last 7 matches. City, united, Spurs and Pool. No idea what order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Only hope we may have of 4th is to keep within distance of city until we play them. It's very slim tho.

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah they have to play 4 of the top 6 in their last 7 matches. City, united, Spurs and Pool. No idea what order

Hey dont be trying to drag me into your proper converstaion you know im only here for ****e talking

• Advertisement

It's not as good as it used to be. This season has broken them to the point t they don't even seem as angry after a result like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm reading palace had 28% possession. How is that little ball and winning 3 nil even possible. That's just an insane statistical anomaly.

Last day of the season!

jayo26 wrote: »
    Only hope we may have of 4th is to keep within distance of city until we play them. It's very slim tho.

You'd think that and for that we need to beat Chelsea home and Burnley away. Chelsea have looked a bit weaker lately so I suppose there's a chance but it's unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

At OT last game of the season.

We'll prob be resting some players for the Europa League final the following Wednesday ;)

Last day of the season!

Home game though should suit us against palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm enjoying the downfall, but I also feel guilty for it too.

I have huge respect for Wenger and what he achieved and his team from 97-2004 was magnificent .

The only side that United ever played that I really thought if we were not on our game that we would get stuffed 3 or 4 nil.

Now it's disappointing to drop points to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Here ya go, https://www.youtube.com/user/arsenalfanstv

Get ready for your brain to explode with countless utterances of blud/fam.

You'd think that and for that we need to beat Chelsea home and Burnley away. Chelsea have looked a bit weaker lately so I suppose there's a chance but it's unlikely.

Very unlikely but at least it's something to aim for.

• DM_7 wrote: »
    Poor Wenger, its getting as bad as the end of Moyes at OT.

Meh, poor Wenger my arse. He's a millionaire he will get over it.
    We suffered our Moyes season let them suffer theres so I can laugh my arse off
    They are a rival, nothing more nothing less IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

They don't play City. That's done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's all well and good laughing at Arsenal but I still think we're likely to finish below them.

Our difficult run of fixtures combined with congestion and our form this entire season could result in a pretty embarrassing points tally come the end of play.

They don't play City. That's done

6th of may :D

Edit: Just to clarify we are talking about Palace here not Arsenal

• S.M.B. wrote: »
    It's all well and good laughing at Arsenal but I still think we're likely to finish below them.

Our difficult run of fixtures combined with congestion and our form this entire season could result in a pretty embarrassing points tally come the end of play.

We won a trophy and are in the running for another and are 3 points ahead of them. They have no plans for the future and it's full of doubt.
    I take the season as it comes but I know who I'd prefer to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

6th of may :D

Edit: Just to clarify we are talking about Palace here not Arsenal

That makes sense I fault.

Jaysis Arsenal.

That's their +6 goal difference over us wiped out in one weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Arsenal have gone to ****e, I'd still rather see them finish top 4 instead of Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

xtal191 wrote: »
    Arsenal have gone to ****e, I'd still rather see them finish top 4 instead of Liverpool

I think Liverpool are certain for top 4 now. Arsenal are gone from the equation, in free fall now. I don't think Utd will get it due to the tough premier league games and Europa league ties in between. Luckily for yourselves the Europa League is their for the taking and will get you a champions league spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

stankratz wrote: »
    Jaysis Arsenal.

That's their +6 goal difference over us wiped out in one weekend.

We've got 5th sewn up at this stage...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

nullzero wrote: »
    We've got 5th sewn up at this stage...

Season review DVD will be a keeper this year.

Season review DVD will be a keeper this year.

Maybe a book? Call it "6th to 5th" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Maybe a book? Call it "6th to 5th" ?

It was going to be called "The Joy Of Sixth".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/851269523105751040

Zlatan has scored the most goals from outside the box so far this season in the Premier League with 4 goals.

zerks wrote: »
    It was going to be called "The Joy Of Sixth".

Dare to sixth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

What are the qualification rules if we come fifth and win in Europe? Does 4th place lose their slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

No.

Has to be the most frequently asked question in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

No countries get 5 places max so if both Leicester & Utd win only top 3 will qualify.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    No countries get 5 places max so if both Leicester & Utd win only top 3 will qualify.

And if we finish in top four and win Europe does that mean a team from league two will get into Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

And if we finish in top four and win Europe does that mean a team from league two will get into Europe?

FFS! For the last time, if we finish in the top four and win Europe then Manchester United qualify for the World Cup and Liverpool Arsenal and Man City get relegated to the UFC.

What part of this are you not getting!

GSPfan wrote: »
    FFS! For the last time, if we finish in the top four and win Europe then Manchester United qualify for the World Cup and Liverpool Arsenal and Man City get relegated to the UFC.

And what happens to La galaxy?

And what happens to La galaxy?

They get promoted to the NFL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

GSPfan wrote: »

latest?cb=20141120044829

Rod Munch wrote: »
    latest?cb=20141120044829

*facepalm.gif*

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

and how many league medals do Liverpool get for coming 3rd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

oh now Kew , you can't go round saying things like that, even as a bit of banter...

FFS i'm reporting this behaviour as it may upset some of our Liverpool supporting brethern...

3 league titles this year for them it's the Liverpool treble

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    oh now Kew , you can't go round saying things like that, even as a bit of banter...

FFS i'm reporting this behaviour as it may upset some of our Liverpool supporting brethern...

Go back to your rock brinty you ain't welcome around here ;)

Go back to your rock brinty you ain't welcome around here ;)

with the insane babblings round here for the last six weeks you guys need me more than i need you.....

Yellow card for back seat modding :pac:

See you in 3 months Brinty :D

Yellow card for back seat modding :pac:

See you in 3 months Brinty :D

its alright mate I'll not miss much by the looks of things, the ladies team have me plenty busy right now anyways ;) and the planes, trains, tractors and spaceships ;)

• #brintyisfree

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Dries Mertens.........would he improve United?

Dont know a whole pile about him, is he good?

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Dries Mertens.........would he improve United?

Dont know a whole pile about him, is he good?

29 year old belgian, hmmmm not really worth signing at this stage of his career

saw in the indo this morning Jose is ready to sell Janujaz as part of a summer clear out, hardly surprising given that every manager since Moyes has said he's had a bad attitude. LVG, Dortmund and two belgian managers (Wilmots and Scifo) have all had issues with him, so good luck Adnan i guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

They get promoted to the NFL

And bypass the semi-finals straight into the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

29 year old....

Same age as RVP when we signed him.....was he not worth it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement