Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

duffman13 wrote: »
    The thing is Pogbas "antics" amount to him having a laugh and a joke. The odd dance thrown in for good measure. Balotelli was shooting people with pellet guns and setting off fireworks indoors.

People say Keane wouldn't have it etc but you need to remember Roy was initially part of the drinking culture at the club. Pogba is an absolute professional and looks after himself well. Keane became an inspirational leader and player, hopefully Pogba can too but these videos are a lot better than sitting in a boozer or bookies.

Mcmanamam is trying to get a dig in anyway he can if he tries to compare those two players.

And lets not forget Fergie having to go and bail Keane out of a police station etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its so frustrating to still be in sixth but oh my God it's getting exciting a win tonight and we are 3 points off second spot that's five teams fighting for spots 2 to 4 and I'd be thrilled to be apart of it. If Westham can do a job on pep tonight we could be fifth wooohoooo.

West Ham have seemed to be hitting a decent turn of form and I'm sure playing direct to Antonio and Carroll will seriously get at the City defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jayop wrote: »
    Can't see a west ham result but the way the big teams have dropped points recently anything is possible.

Anything can happen sure Carroll is in great form and they seem to be getting to grips with the new stadium atmosphere and city could turn up and put in any kind of performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

astradave wrote: »
    West Ham have seemed to be hitting a decent turn of form and I'm sure playing direct to Antonio and Carroll will seriously get at the City defence.

Very true. The break could be city's Achilles heel again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Anything can happen sure Carroll is in great form and they seem to be getting to grips with the new stadium atmosphere and city could turn up and put in any kind of performance
    Hopefully thay don't totally buckle against City like they did a few weeks ago in the cup. That was a embarrassment on their part, let's hope the use it as motivation to put in a performance this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United in relegation places for pens won. The scousers will be delighted, they are top of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I'd really like us to fill our boots tonight and start closing that goal difference gap.

Twice in recent memory we have missed out on something to City on goal difference. A third time would be cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

It's ok lads, I forgot to put Zlatan as my captain in fantasy this week, watch him hit 5 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

what channel is the game on tonight?

deadybai wrote: »
    what channel is the game on tonight?

Its not On UK tv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

If utd can't win this tonight they really don't deserve to finish in top 4.
    Never a better chance to make ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »
    United in relegation places for pens won. The scousers will be delighted, they are top of the league.

Any trophy for that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

yabadabado wrote: »
    Any trophy for that ?

Not sure, but they are already organising a parade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

paulbok wrote: »
    Not sure, but they are already organising a parade.

whats that beep beep beep sound i hear.....

Its the Liverpool FC victory celebrations bus reversing into the garage for another year....

Miles on the clock in recent years < 1KM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

astradave wrote: »
    He said the other day when asked about transfers that he knows what he wants. I'm absolutely certain that we already have deals in place for the summer irrespective of our finishing position

I'm starting to feel I'm seeing more of the Mourinho MkI. And that is the Mourinho I can really get behind and hope again.

To be honest I'm behind the manager fully. Sure I was critical and it didn't go down well here, but I don't feel it was out of order or incorrect. The last while has been a great turnaround in the teams fortunes, the stability and most importantly his attitude. He looks better in press conferences and just seems more comfortable.

Maybe it was a real daunting task for him, maybe he wasnt prepared for how bad it was or whatever. But I'm feeling so much better about the entire situation.

And a Mourinho going into a window knowing what he wants, with Woodward and Co showing this past summer they have also seriously upped thier game and can get things done, hopefully boads well for us.

Also liked this piece from F365 Transfer window winners and losers (Depay was marked a winner). Still hold massive hope that maybe something can happen for him, with us, and maybe it was right player wrong time
    Memphis Depay
    It was perhaps the highest compliment Jose Mourinho could pay, to insert a buy-back option into the deal to sell Memphis Depay to Lyon. “We all wish he plays very, very well at Lyon and why not to come back because everyone here likes him,” stated the Manchester United manager.

There is no ill-feeling or animosity between the two parties, only regret that the Dutchman could not fulfil his considerable potential at Old Trafford. In another era he would have been afforded more time, but Mourinho is aware of the need to achieve now.

But this provides a chance for Depay to rediscover his form, to learn, to adapt, to grow away from the Premier League spotlight. It will seem disrespectful to Lyon, but his motivation should be to earn a second chance at United.

And hey, he can wear all the silly hats and drive all the fancy cars he wants now. Everyone’s a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If utd can't win this tonight they really don't deserve to finish in top 4.
    Never a better chance to make ground

I'd like the team to put in a dominating and ruthless performance, to ease my serious concerns this team can't muster the will to force a result to capitalise on rivals dropped points.

This is a match, opposition aside, the last while I dread is dropped points guaranteed.

Blowing Hull to pieces would really set a tone and mood. Teams above won't be looking back with fear if we keep slipping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Martial doesn't play well, Martial doesn't play.

It's simple, and it's a standard that has dropped from the club since Fergie left. It should be cutthroat for a starting place at United, they are the highest paid players in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Every game from now will feel like must important game of the season.

Its a game the players should want to get right after last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Every game from now will feel like must important game of the season.

Its a game the players should want to get right after last week

Hopefully the scutter we served up last week was our loss against them and that we absolutely fcuking smash them.

• Advertisement

http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/manchester-united/sokeefe/ferdinand-pogba-lingard-video/

Hope I am not late.

Agree 100% with Rio here. Its only harmless dance and thats not a problem but keep it in house till you least have good season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel I'm seeing more of the Mourinho MkI. And that is the Mourinho I can really get behind and hope again.

To be honest I'm behind the manager fully. Sure I was critical and it didn't go down well here, but I don't feel it was out of order or incorrect. The last while has been a great turnaround in the teams fortunes, the stability and most importantly his attitude. He looks better in press conferences and just seems more comfortable.

Maybe it was a real daunting task for him, maybe he wasnt prepared for how bad it was or whatever. But I'm feeling so much better about the entire situation.

And a Mourinho going into a window knowing what he wants, with Woodward and Co showing this past summer they have also seriously upped thier game and can get things done, hopefully boads well for us.

Also liked this piece from F365 Transfer window winners and losers (Depay was marked a winner). Still hold massive hope that maybe something can happen for him, with us, and maybe it was right player wrong time

Jose making your dream again Doc?

When's the book coming out?

:pac:

http://www.punditarena.com/football/english-football/manchester-united/sokeefe/ferdinand-pogba-lingard-video/

Hope I am not late.

Agree 100% with Rio here. Its only harmless dance and thats not a problem but keep it in house till you least have good season.

Totally thought it is harsh they are just two humans having fun and sharing stuff with fans im sorry but I don't see why they should get criticised for sharing stuff on social media.

It was absolutely no harm whatsoever and if anything that it shows a great team spirit in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Making a mountain out of a molehill to be honest. Who cares if they are dancing in a changing room after training. There is no relevance at all to them dancing and their league position. United probably delighted with Pogba getting more exposure for his brand.

Retired footballers talking about things not happening in their day. Give us a fookin break lads.

Hope I am not late.

Only by a day. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102467309&postcount=728

In your faces Astradave and Jayo26:pac::pac:
    I even have a match thread done on time.:p

Totally thought it is harsh they are just two humans having fun and sharing stuff with fans im sorry but I don't see why they should get criticised for sharing stuff on social media.

It was absolutely no harm whatsoever and if anything that it shows a great team spirit in the dressing room.

Better than videos of players being pissed up and falling out of a nightclub with a wannabe X-factor/glamour model/wag.It's 2 lads having a bit of a mess,no harm.
    Anybody remember Giggs and Ince working on silly dances? Not to mention Lee Sharpe.
    If myself and my team mates made videos of the messing we got up to at that age we'd be on the front pages of the papers let alone the sports section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Those dances (Ince/Giggs) and by God that's awful (Sharpe) came to mind straight away :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Delboy5 wrote: »

I like this new Castles.

EJkeE7n.png

rcJzsH9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Shouldn't be hard to spot Pogba today...

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/826777465628524544

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Shouldn't be hard to spot Pogba today...

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/826777465628524544

Great now I have the thong song stuck in my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If I was given the option to go back and sign Kante instead of Pogba I'd have to give it serious consideration.

He just seems to make a team tick, both in defence and going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

If I was given the option to go back and sign Kante instead of Pogba I'd have to give it serious consideration.

He just seems to make a team tick, both in defence and going forward.

He`d be great behind Pogba and Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Kante and Pogba should have been signed.

Kante is very good, but Pogba has the potential to be the best int he world in a few years. There will be another Kante next season.

Pogba and Kante are totally different players Kante is excellent at closing down the opposition and breaking up play which pogba can do aswell but pogba is an exceptional passer of the ball over long distances and gets a goal or two aswell.

I think because of Pogbas price tag he is under appreciated but he has a very good assist and goal record from midfield and still over a third of the season to go and he will only grow into the team and get better next year.

I would not swap him for any other advanced midfielder in the world he may not be the best but he has the attitude and work rate and talent to be far ahead of anyone else.

Pogba so far in his first season in the league...
    https://www.premierleague.com/players/3920/Paul-Pogba/stats?se=54

Fee - £89m
    Age - 23
    Apps - 21
    Goals - 4 - Hit the woodwork 5 times Grrr
    Assists - 3
    Chances Created - 6
    Tackles - 37 @ 70%
    Blocked shots - 12
    Interceptions - 26
    Aerial battles won - 63
    Mistakes leading to a goal - 0

Kante in his 2nd season in the league...
    https://www.premierleague.com/players/13492/N'Golo-Kant%C3%A9/stats?se=54

Fee - £32m
    Age - 25
    Apps - 22
    Goals - 1
    Assists - 0
    Chances Created - 1
    Tackles - 78 @ 64%
    Blocked Shots - 7
    Interceptions - 52
    Aerial battles won - 17
    Mistakes leading to a goal - 0

What seems clear is that there's a reason attacking players cost a lot more in general than defensive players. They're harder to come by.

Pogba clearly is the better attacking player, More goals, assists and chances created by a distance in all three.
    Kante plays a lot deeper and is going to have certain better stats in that area. His interceptions and tackles won numbers are unreal. Pogba is better in the air naturally enough and neither have made a mistake leading to a goal.

I really like Kante and he would have been a great player for us, but Pogba is already on a different level and should continue whereas it's hard to see Kante get any better than he's been the last two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Those dances (Ince/Giggs) and by God that's awful (Sharpe) came to mind straight away :D

Loved the Sharpey Shuffle, can still remember how to do it now.:D

We dont really need a Kante signing. Fellaini can do that although I do think Kante box to box armour would be nice to have.

A Kroos or Fabregas type player would be very welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

We dont really need a Kante signing. Fellaini can do that although I do think Kante box to box armour would be nice to have.

A Kroos or Fabregas type player would be very welcome

Kroos and only Kroos please

Awaits an influx of Modric requests!!!!

What do we really need now though in the summer?

Carrick understudy/replacement has to be the key for us. Jose clearly doesn't see Blind in that role although he's more suited than anyone else in the squad in my eyes.

Striker/wide forward. Yes we have a load of players there at the moment, but with Rooney and Ibra not getting any younger and Rashford being too raw to be depended upon in the short term I think we'll buy here. Maybe Greizmann.

Left back has been a problem although it really shouldn't be. Hopefully Shaw will get a good run now with all the games we have coming up and prove we don't need to add there.

Right back, we're very dependent on Valencia and Darmian doesn't look near good enough. Maybe leave as is for now and see if any of the kids can force their way in.

I actually might be alone in thinking we're OK at CB for now. Plenty of options and they're all young enough too. We don't seem to be having the injury problems of old either so I wouldn't bother. Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Rojo and Blind are enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone want to PM me a recipe for the game later on?

Please and thank you

Summer signings

Anyone Griezman clinical finisher and creater of chances

William carvalho deep midfielder that breaks up play and passes the ball.

If martial is sold id like someone like Yannick carasco he is having a decent season in Spain but Might be hard to attain.

Defensively is hard to know only jose knows what he wants from the full backs long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I reckon we will go for 4 with one big name. And I reckon we have been linked to them all this winter.

Big name - Griezmann

CB & RB Lindelof and Semedo from Benfica

DM/ Carrick replacement- Bakayoko

I think the first three have the groundwork done and it's only a matter of the window opening. Bakayoko could be dependant on us getting CL football as there are plenty of teams that want him.

No way should be giving up on Martial already. FFS the kids has just turned 21 and is suffering from a bit of second season syndrome. There's also a good chance what happened at the Euros has had an effect on his confidence as was mentioned on the TV at the weekend.

In the league he's...
    P 44
    G 13
    A 7

Has a 45% shooting accuracy which none of our other players seem capable of getting near.

Now this season he's only 13 games, 2 goals, 3 assists in the league.

He's a player that needs to start games looking at his record. He's only got one goal in all comps this year off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I think because of Pogbas price tag he is under appreciated but he has a very good assist and goal record from midfield and still over a third of the season to go and he will only grow into the team and get better next year.

I think because he's Pogba he's gotten away with murder at times.

He's been the worst United performer on a few occasions this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

beno619 wrote: »

Other than Liverpool game I can't think of one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What channels are showing the game?

Fox? BeIN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

beno619 wrote: »

Id agree. Although Zlatan would be up there too for me. I think there good far outweighs their bad but they have the ability to be awful.

@Jayop I wasn't giving up on pogba and I do not think Jose will either i said it as a possibility im one of his biggest supporters I think he will be ok along with Shaw.

@beno he may of had a few games where he wasn't great yes and we have all talked about them here too but he has won us more games then he cost us and he should be allowed some slack too not many start off perfect but he seems to be settling into the team.

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    What channels are showing the game?

Fox? BeIN?

Screenshot_20170201_185641.pngprint screen windows 7

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement