Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    He was ****e in fairness. Something else though scoring 100 goals in Europe

****??

2 goals, nearly a hat trick, made a savage chance for marcelo, got Martinez sent off with speed and skill, if thats **** away to Bayern Munich we may as all well pack up and go home.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I always laugh at people still trying to put Ronaldo down and still like he has somthing to prove.

The man has won pretty much it all and after his Euros win with his Country last summer when people laugh at us "fanboys" it always gives me chuckle.

He will go down as Greatest Bottler, Choker and Loser of all time. And that's before we mention what fat ugly guy he is.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Watched the pogba press conference there he came across really well and handled all the usual stupid questions about his dancing and what not really well.

He seems genuinely happy long may it last and his form continue to improve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

jayo26 wrote: »
    Watched the pogba press conference there he came across really well and handled all the usual stupid questions about his dancing and what not really well.

He's been on a steady decline has he not?

• He's been on a steady decline has he not?

For sure, I fully expect him to retire in the summer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

He's been getting worse I think as the season goes on.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Ridiculous talk M!Ck^, we should be aiming to get some of that transfer fee back from an MLS team. Surely he has another season or two in him before retirement, maybe I'm looking at it through red-tinted glasses though.

He's been getting worse I think as the season goes on.

I dont think so. Maybe he aint improving on a steady scale but he is going along ok.

He plays some nice passed has great vision and has been unlucky with gosls.

His pass for rashford before the one two with ibra against Sunderland was a peach and he is doing stuff like that most games that goes in noticed because they haven't been taken advantage of.

I dont think so. Maybe he aint improving on a steady scale but he is going along ok.

He plays some nice passed has great vision and has been unlucky with gosls.

His pass for rashford before the one two with ibra against Sunderland was a peach and he is doing stuff like that most games that goes in noticed because they haven't been taken advantage of.

Yeah I think we can all agree he has been a massive dissapointment. Hopefully with a rest over the summer and some reinforcements in midfield we can see the best of him next season. Needs to be played further up the pitch. Depressing seening him launching balls into Fellani from deep when we are chasing games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Don't think Pogba is getting better or worse he's just been largely muck for most of the season with a few flashes of brilliance thrown in.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

He's been on a steady decline has he not?
    M!Ck^ wrote: »

yea for me Pogba is a Potential Underacheiver alright....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The wums are the real underachievers,gone hugely downhill over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I'm confused. I would say it's a fair assessment that Pogba's performances have declined as the season has gone on. Nothing remotely controversial about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

If Pogba played in a counter-attacking team like Chelsea or Juventus he'd flourish. The way we are playing with possession football has to change. It's not only producing an incredible lack of goals but it's blunting nearly all of our attacking players confidence, and we don't look like we have a real idea of what to do on the ball when the opposition are creating a man-made rampart in the 6 yard box. It's simply not working.

Just goes to show how important Zlatan has been this season and I was pessimistic when he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If Pogba played in a counter-attacking team like Chelsea or Juventus he'd flourish. The way we are playing with possession football has to change. It's not only producing an incredible lack of goals but it's blunting nearly all of our attacking players confidence, and we don't look like we have a real idea of what to do on the ball when the opposition are creating a man-made rampart in the 6 yard box. It's simply not working.

How do you counter attack against a man-made rampart in the 6 yard box?

• Advertisement

How do you counter attack against a man-made rampart in the 6 yard box?
    The defensive line we lead is too high. We also don't utilise the speed of the likes of Micki, Rashers, and Martial enough as they have it. To put it simply, invite teams onto us more and use that extra energy to press. We more or less haven't moved on from the LVG way and I'm a huge fan of Jose but we have to try something different I feel. Said above was what made Jose so successful for many years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Game Day!

Never matters what form we're in, nothing like knowing there's football on tonight to help you through a long day :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Game Day!

Never matters what form we're in, nothing like knowing there's football on tonight to help you through a long day :P

It was so different last season.

Game Day!

Finish work at 8, straight to the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Game Day!

Didn't realise the Dortmund game was pushed to yesterday, thought it would have got a week or two delay, so I was well surprised to get two matches in last night :D

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Didn't realise the Dortmund game was pushed to yesterday, thought it would have got a week or two delay, so I was well surprised to get two matches in last night :D

I missed most of the game cause of the early kick off :( Shame, cause I love both Dortmund and Monaco

How did fabinho do for Monaco last night? Anyone take note?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

How did fabinho do for Monaco last night? Anyone take note?

Took a shocker of a pen!

markc91 wrote: »
    Took a shocker of a pen!

Yeah very unlike him.He had 15/15 before that.

I'm confused. I would say it's a fair assessment that Pogba's performances have declined as the season has gone on. Nothing remotely controversial about that.

I know, it's just that because I said it then the wise guys have to get their quips in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know, it's just that because I said it then the wise guys have to get their quips in.

It says it all when even the Liverpool lads cant stand ya.

Yep, pretty much.

Also, it was bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its really not.

When someone consistently posts any where on a wind up, then gets banned from a forum because of their winding up, do you really expect them to have a single ounce of credibility or that they deserve any respect?

Cos I don't.

There are a few supporters from other teams that post in here with no issues, I don't need to name names because we know who they are and they can have a conversation and get along with most. There are also others that have shown nothing but being WUMs and they are treated as such.

You fall into the latter category so don't act so bloody injured over it.

stankratz wrote: »
    Yep, pretty much.

Also, it was bs.

How was it bs? Do you think his form has improved as the season has went on, that was my original point? He's been playing awfully for months now, much derided by his own fans, some people think if he plays one good pass in a game that that's some sort of justification for his price tag. It's hardly controversial to say he has in the main been hopeless this season. A Liverpool fan saying makes it no less true than the plethora of United fans who would say the same thing and actually have already in reply to my comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

How was it bs? Do you think his form has improved as the season has went on, that was my original point? He's been playing awfully for months now, much derided by his own fans, some people think if he plays one good pass in a game that that's some sort of justification for his price tag. It's hardly controversial to say he has in the main been hopeless this season. A Liverpool fan saying makes it no less true than the plethora of United fans who would say the same thing and actually have already in reply to my comments.

That's nonsense. Pogba isn't playing great and for sure not awfully. There is middle ground too. He is having good season, it's like Pogba said people expect him to attack, defend and play as midfielder because of price tag. He is a midfielder and should be judged as a midfielder, not with goals scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If all the screamers of shots and headers had gone in rather than hitting the woodwork then the discussion on Pogba would be a bit different.

• Depends who comes in after Jose.
    I keep seeing the line being trotted out about how much more free flowing the football is now Under Jose, is it really though or are yous desperately trying to clutch at something to be positive about?

Utd have played poorly in the majority of their matches for months now, looking at the GS section of the table makes for some really grim reading for a team that's playing like Brazil circa 1970, 42 compared to 60, 57, 64, 54, 56, 52 from all the other top 7 teams!

Sure you's have had a billion shots per match (Pogba) but that doesn't equate to good football as such, with so much talent in the squad and the money spent you'd have to say Jose is having a mare thus far, he might still turn it round though, the chequebook will need to come out though could cost 300-400 million.

I as a Liverpool fan thought Utd could have a sniff of winning the league this season, I definitely didn't foresee a scrap for 4th place being the main target and it has been since pretty early in the season, I'm sure most Utd fans fancied way better league form this season and must be gutted, in fact I read a few on here yesterday saying they've given up on the league and they are not angry with draws, again all very surprising to me.

I shall just roll under the bottom rope now and wait for another chair shot at a future date, ciao.
    Nope, it's tough to have a nice jersey with that hideous Chavrolet logo on it in fairness.
    I saw loads of starting XI's on here for next season with Griezmann too, I just can't make head nor tail of it.
    I have to say I'm confused lads, I thought Griezmann was a done deal? Was his brother not tweeting constantly about Utd?
    I'm sure they loved him when he was their manager, much like Utd fans hated him and now love him, that's fans for you, fickle as....

Just for fun, here's all your posts in this particular thread since it opened in that exact order, and nothing selective.

I can do the match threads if you want

It's funny that you continue to play innocent and expect to be taken seriously. I'm not falling for it ;)

zerks wrote: »
    If all the screamers of shots and headers had gone in rather than hitting the woodwork then the discussion on Pogba would be a bit different.

if half of them even had to go in it would be a total different scenario, if even a few extra of his chances were put away it would be different.

its all ifs and buts, but i am genuinely happy enough with pogba long term. yes he could do better but he also could be luckier. The two players that pool have that even comes close to his position is lallana and henderson and i would have him in my team above any of them.

Mick, I don't see anything wrong with any of them posts, not sure what point you're trying to make. Last thing about Pogba, he should thank me for his stock has never been higher this season now that all of a sudden I question him, I've read hundreds of post on here saying how poor he is, yet now all of a sudden he's playing brilliantly apparently.

Mick, I don't see anything wrong with any of them posts, not sure what point you're trying to make. Last thing about Pogba, he should thank me for his stock has never been higher this season now that all of a sudden I question him, I've read hundreds of post on here saying how poor he is, yet now all of a sudden he's playing brilliantly apparently.
    Point is you coming in antagonising opposite fans for no reason. What's with the Man United obsession?

Basically what Rod Munch said a few posts above, and Mick supplied the evidence. And if I'm not mistaken, you're the poster who went and quoted a load of us (who never had a problem with you previously) from the thread here into a match thread to try and get a "lol, stupid United fans" response. You're fooling no-one in here with your act.

The one thing I'll add about Pogba and your assessment of him and this thread - A player blowing hot and cold, and a thread of posters debating this, is not equal to "been on a steady decline", at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's nonsense. Pogba isn't playing great and for sure not awfully. There is middle ground too. He is having good season, it's like Pogba said people expect him to attack, defend and play as midfielder because of price tag. He is a midfielder and should be judged as a midfielder, not with goals scored.

You see, when you lie about the contents of comments posted not even an hour earlier, that's why you have no credibility in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Who is on match thread duty?

One of the Jayos did well at the weekend so if Zerks takes the chance and we don't win then I with have the torches waiting.

It would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic

• Advertisement

Lads, if you think someone is trolling, then report it. Otherwise, best ignore. In the mean time, can we get back on topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rod Munch wrote: »

One of the Jayos did well at the weekend so if Zerks takes the chance and we don't win then I with have the torches waiting.

All set up, please keep torches and pitch forks away if it backfires :pac:

A Fifa Streamer played Martial. Here's his Fifa Ultimate Team.

voetr1hyibry.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Rod Munch wrote: »

Lol

We have a new scapegoat for the match thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Someone else to take the proverbial bullet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Or a new hero?

Jayop wrote: »
    Or a new hero?

We'll know by 10pm.

This is the first European game I'll get to see in ages, feck you work.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

De Gea still in the doghouse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

De Gea still in the doghouse!

Jose said Romero was always gonna start the cup game.

Other than that a pretty attacking line up. Try get the game over tonight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement