Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Zlatan was very good IMO, some of the balls he was giving were sublime, unfortunately there wasn't always the communication for others to make the run in behind when he drifted out.

Stop being sarcastic. Adox is confused, he is thinking you agree with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Beautiful thing about the return is that there's no way they are going to put 11 men in the box like every other team.

Need to play the players with pace and hit them on the break. Nice early goal and kick on from there. Anderlecht are muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Not the end of the world result but it's beyond ridiculous at this stage the amount of draws we get. Just can't wrap games up can we

• bangkok wrote: »
    2-2 draw at old trafford........

Why so? Where's this random scoreline coming from

Some lads need to clear there head

Letting the equaliser cloud the judgement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

GSPfan wrote: »
    You are drunk. You need to sleep it off.

If Ozil or Sanchez did as much casual walking around the pitch tonight as Zlatan he would be crucified. If Pogba misplaced a pass he'd be slaughtered. But Zlatan, he scores goals so cannot do anything wrong. He was awful tonight.

I don't drink! Zlatan is a striker. Gets paid to score goals like. He wasn't perfect tonight but played well overall. Held the ball up well with his back to goal, passed the ball well more often than not.

The other stuff about Sanchez, Pogba etc is just deflective nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I also think Zlatan had a good game. But Rashford was awesome! Our best player.

I feel Fellani should have done more for their goal.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Agree Ibra had a poor game. He was very pedestrian and seemed to muck up every pass he tried to make :/

He setup the best chance of the second half

bangkok wrote: »
    2-2 draw at old trafford........

I mean what sort of reply is this? Sure they could ****ing win 10 nil at Old Trafford but it doesn't make Micks point any less true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Gutting after such a good performance but I wouldn't worry about this lot back at old Trafford. Pretty much everyone did everything well but we needed to take our chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Darmian had a very solid game for us too. He made some excellent covering challenges and he was not at fault for the goal either. Fellaini was static and let the midfielder get a run on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why so? Where's this random scoreline coming from

Some lads Ned to clear there head

Letting the equaliser cloud the judgement

was joking.... we should beat them easy but we are drawing loads of games at old trafford.

looking at their goal again there, that is shocking from fellaini. i hope jose goes through him in the dressing room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Should still dismiss them easily enough next week if being any way clinical. The game this weekend will be interesting though, will Zlatan sit on the bench by any chance with us sitting and breaking at pace with Rashford up top.

On another note Rojo has fairly recovered his Utd career.

Should still dismiss them easily enough next week if being any way clinical. The game this weekend will be interesting though, will Zlatan sit on the bench by any chance with us sitting and breaking at pace with Rashford up top.

I don't think there's a hope that Zlatan won't start at the weekend. The only way he won't is if Jose has thrown the towel in chasing 4th spot and he's already stated that he hasn't.

Froma purely practical point of view, we don't have anyone to replace him. There's no one in the squad capable of leading the line to anywhere near the level he can.

adox wrote: »
    I don't drink! Zlatan is a striker. Gets paid to score goals like. He wasn't perfect tonight but played well overall. Held the ball up well with his back to goal, passed the ball well more often than not.

The other stuff about Sanchez, Pogba etc is just deflective nonsense.

If that's right, he gets paid to score goals.? No goals in this game so he should refund a portion of his wages tonight.
    Cause he certainly didn't earn his money through effort. He gets paid for goals so he failed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He's a liability
    Sometimes less is more. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

kona wrote: »
    Beautiful thing about the return is that there's no way they are going to put 11 men in the box like every other team.

Need to play the players with pace and hit them on the break. Nice early goal and kick on from there. Anderlecht are muck.

They can sit back and keep it tight for 80 mins. Once they dont concede they are always in the tie. Even if we score we will probably try to close up shop after 1.
    Good enough for Mourinho. Takes off Rashford who is playing well and leaves on Ibra. For Rashford to progress Ibra needs to move on in The summer. Or else be the one to be taken off or brought on in games. Not this constant if he starts he plays 90 mins ****e
    And then he brings on Lionel Fellani. Sweet Jesus. Why not Herrera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No need for meltdowns folks,we've had away results like this for years. Anderlecht are average and one brainfart at the back let them equalise when they should have been 3 down.We'll beat them in Old Trafford without much fuss.

If that's right, he gets paid to score goals.? No goals in this game so he should refund a portion of his wages tonight.
    Cause he certainly didn't earn his money through effort. He gets paid for goals so he failed.

You are just being ridiculous now.

bangkok wrote: »
    was joking.... we should beat them easy but we are drawing loads of games at old trafford.

looking at their goal again there, that is shocking from fellaini. i hope jose goes through him in the dressing room

I hope Fellani is in some other dressing room next season

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    They can sit back and keep it tight for 80 mins. Once they dont concede they are always in the tie. Even if we score we will probably try to close up shop after 1.
    Good enough for Mourinho. Takes off Rashford who is playing well and leaves on Ibra. For Rashford to progress Ibra needs to move on in The summer. Or else be the one to be taken off or brought on in games. Not this constant if he starts he plays 90 mins ****e
    And then he brings on Lionel Fellani. Sweet Jesus. Why not Herrera

Rashford still looks a long way from being able to lead the line on his own. He isn't strong enough yet for a start and his hold up play with his back to goal is very poor.

His best position at the moment is out wide where he can run with the ball and use his pace and skill to cause havoc.

He was great tonight but from the wide areas. I wouldn't be putting my trust in him to be the one to play up top on his own next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Yeah should be no bother to ye, especially with the legendary Man U home form. Opps on second thought :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,591 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Oh for jaysus sake. I don't even. *rrrrrrrrr*

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Yeah should be no bother to ye, especially with the legendary Man U home form. Opps on second thought :pac::pac:

Ya'd know its the easter holidays anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

4 against Fenerbache, 4 against PSV, 3 against St Etienne. 5 wins out of 5 in Europe. Yeah terrible home form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

As much as we all really hate draws atm, I wouldn't mind one this Sunday tbf

Rashford still looks a long way from being able to lead the line on his own. He isn't strong enough yet for a start and his hold up play with his back to goal is very poor.

His best position at the moment is out wide where he can run with the ball and use his pace and skill to cause havoc.

He was great tonight but from the wide areas. I wouldn't be putting my trust in him to be the one to play up top on his own next season.
    Needs to be given the chance or Mourinho needs to change his system and get 2 players up top. There is 10 good years in Rashford and Martial if they are given the chance. Playing Ibra for 90 mins constantly is hindering them. But Mourinhos answer will be keep Ibra till he drops. Then look to spend 50 mil on a striker because martial will be sold and Rashford will be a shadow of the player he can be.
    FFS Mourinho give the young players a chance

Zlatan is like the Reverse Pogba. Plays awful but people exaggerate the few things he done well.

Zlatan is like the Reverse Pogba. Plays awful but people exaggerate the few things he done well.

And I must be the eternal optimist because I felt they both did well tonight.

And I must be the eternal optimist because I felt they both did well tonight.

Honestly I thought Pogba was alright tonight but was very restrained until the very end. Zlatan just looked lethargic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

4 against Fenerbache, 4 against PSV, 3 against St Etienne. 5 wins out of 5 in Europe. Yeah terrible home form.

8 one all draws at home this season in all competitions this season, glad you agree with me on the terrible home form

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Fantastic - now for an extra kick in the nads Lyon are winning which means that equaliser cost me 60£ !

Fantastic - now for an extra kick in the nads Lyon are winning which means that equaliser cost me 60£ !

I was avoiding flashscore because I mustv had the same bet. :(

Meh. Some people have a different opinion than you.

Meh. Some people have a different opinion than you.

Back at cha.

Back at cha.

Yeah which is cool and I try to explain my different view point.

So far from you I've gotten - you must be drunk, people over exaggerate the few things he did well etc. Comes across as trying to undermine the posters and condescend rather than counter argue the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Frustrating to concede late, but thought it was a good away performance and would be confident putting them to bed at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Quite a typical performance really.

A typical European home performance and we grand though, 1 shot on target, 1 goal. Ah for that accuracy :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Yeah which is cool and I try to explain my different view point.

So far from you I've gotten - you must be drunk, people over exaggerate the few things he did well etc. Comes across as trying to undermine the posters and condescend rather than counter argue the point.

Who quoted who first?

You can't quote me, disagree with me, get sensitive about my replies, and get on your horse.

I countered your "He gets paid to score goals" post. The rest is just opinion. I can have mine and you can have yours. I just don't think you watched Zlatans performance tonight in isolation is all. He was shíte tonight compared to what he can do.

I'm more annoyed at Jose for persisting with him even when he is clearly struggling. I've commented on it a few times this season. I wanted him off the pitch after he elbowed Mings. I want him to never take another free kick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Tbh I was working from home during the game but I was able to catch a fair bit of it. I thought Pogba was excellent tonight. So so strong on the ball. It's amazing how many times he gets fouled but it doesn't matter because he just carries on playing. He controlled the ball really well and was always looking to get the ball forward quickly. A lot of his little passes didn't come of but that's OK because they're low percentage passes with a high reward. Give me that over tiki taka Amy day of the week.

Who quoted who first?

You can't quote me, disagree with me, get sensitive about my replies, and get on your horse.

I countered your "He gets paid to score goals" post. The rest is just opinion. I can have mine and you can have yours. I just don't think you watched Zlatans performance tonight in isolation is all. He was shíte tonight compared to what he can do.

I'm more annoyed at Jose for persisting with him even when he is clearly struggling. I've commented on it a few times this season. I wanted him off the pitch after he elbowed Mings. I want him to never take another free kick.

I'm not getting sensitive about your replies or getting on my horse. You were posting condescending nonsense which I pointed out.

Also you didn't counter "he gets paid to score goals". I posted that as a response to your previous post stating that people bring up his goal scoring to justify his performances(or something along those lines). You didn't counter at all, just came back with a nonsense post about how he should be docked wages so for not scoring.

I'm confused as to whether you want to discuss the points seriously or act the mick and think it's funny. You seem to be trying to do both.

I watched the game tonight. I've watched every Utd game this season. I did watch Zlatans performance along with everyone else's. You thought he was ****e and I thought he played well.

I'm not drunk. I'm not agreeing with people and missing their sarcasm. I'm not exaggerating my opinion of his performances or whatever other dismissive ****e you were posting earlier.

Back to your first line. I can quote you and disagrees with you. I didnt get "all sensitive" and "on my horse" I pointed out what I thought were silly comments you made.

I'm not getting sensitive about your replies or getting on my horse. You were posting condescending nonsense which I pointed out.

Also you didn't counter "he gets paid to score goals". I posted that as a response to your previous post stating that people bring up his goal scoring to justify his performances(or something along those lines). You didn't counter at all, just came back with a nonsense post about how he should be docked wages so for not scoring.

I'm confused as to whether you want to discuss the points seriously or act the mick and think it's funny. You seem to be trying to do both.

I watched the game tonight. I've watched every Utd game this season. I did watch Zlatans performance along with everyone else's. You thought he was ****e and I thought he played well.

I'm not drunk. I'm not agreeing with people and missing their sarcasm. I'm not exaggerating my opinion of his performances or whatever other dismissive ****e you were posting earlier.

Back to your first line. I can quote you and disagrees with you. I didnt get "all sensitive" and "on my horse" I pointed out what I thought were silly comments you made.

I give up. You win. Life's too short.

Jayop wrote: »
    Tbh I was working from home during the game but I was able to catch a fair bit of it. I thought Pogba was excellent tonight. So so strong on the ball. It's amazing how many times he gets fouled but it doesn't matter because he just carries on playing. He controlled the ball really well and was always looking to get the ball forward quickly. A lot of his little passes didn't come of but that's OK because they're low percentage passes with a high reward. Give me that over tiki taka Amy day of the week.

Thought he had one of his better games of the season although became a bit ragged towards the end.
    He is indeed very strong on the ball and it's been frustrating for me so far this season to not see him use his strength more. He's a beast of a man who has the ability to physically impose himself on a game. He also just happens to be an extremely talented football, passing and skill wise. I just wish a balance could be found between the two instead of the passing and skill part dominating his game. When that part doesn't go right(and it's happened a lot this season imo)and he becomes hugely ineffective and leaves the midfield exposed.

I guess with the addition of a dedicated DMF next season he will have more license and cover to indulge his creative side but I really think he could be an altogether better player if he found a balance between the two aspects of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Reassuring....Atleast someone finally asked him
    Asked what he can do about United’s poor finishing, Mourinho retorted: “Good question, difficult answer.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

TheDoc wrote: »
    Reassuring....Atleast someone finally asked him

Can you really coach finishing ? What would you expect him to do ? You can't really blame the manager for poor finishing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Can you really coach finishing ? What would you expect him to do ? You can't really blame the manager for poor finishing.

Some people can.

Jesse hit the post last night.

I'm sure that's Jose's fault.

Pogba missed a gilt edged chance.

Definitely Jose's fault.

The Burnley keeper having the game of his life against us.

You better believe that's Jose's fault.

Some people simply aren't for changing.

Despite the massive differences in how the team plays vs how we played under Moyes and LVG and the marked improvement in many areas, Jose will have the negatives focused on, even if its something that is completely out of his control. Its currently our finishing.

When that improves then you can bet your bottom dollar that something else will raise its head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Missed the match last night absolutely sickened by the result.

Happy to hear Darmian put in another decent performance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

beno619 wrote: »

I'm not having a go but why you sickened by the result? It was a decent performance and a decent result that most of us would of taken beforehand.

I'm worried about our finishing as I have been for a while but apart from that it was a usual European performance.

• beno619 wrote: »

I wouldn't blame him for the Goal either. It was a great cross and the striker had the leap ahead of him. At least he made an attempt.

More so was disappointed with Fel as he just stood ball watching and could have attacked the ball as it was coming into the box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Id say there are whole variety of drills that can be worked on in training to improve finishing and Id also say at least some of these are being practiced regularly. All that being said, its very hard to translate that into the competitive matches. Finishing chances is often a confidence thing and right now, aside from Zlatan, almost all of our attacking players are missing that confidence. You can see it written all over the players faces and with their body language when they miss. They can't seem to shake it off and the heads drop.

People will say it's the managers job to have the players focused and mentally prepared, but aside from allowing them to play with enough creative freedom to create plenty of good goal scoring chances (which we do) I'm not really sure what Jose can be expected to do.

I'd say everyone is thinking just keep creating chances and the luck will change eventually.

It has been incredibly frustrating to watch though :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement