Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

adox wrote: »
    Ha yeah right.

I'm disappointed in the line up but it's not exactly an under 21s selection.

****ing forum gets worse by the day.

Couldn't agree with this any more. Absolute nail on the head. A bunch of guys and girls brought up under fergie and success and now can't handle things being a wee bit crap. Their lucky the weren't around in the 80's when Liverpool won it all and rubbed our noses in it every single day. And everyone of them loves pointing out the faults and wrong that happens but never suggests any way off improving the situation at all. They are the snapchat generation who want instant gratification and can't handle being told no....

FFS we've gone through Moyes and LVG and Jose has had to get rid of almost everything they did. He doesn't have a magic wand and the ability to get everything done in one season. Most of their signings are not in his plans and he's started from scratch. He's installed a new standard at the club and it will take a season to 18 months or more to get everything right. For christ sake have some bloody patience. Yes he's made mistakes but would you ever highlight the bloody good things he's done...

Everyone clambered for Pep for years and look at the job he's done at city, outspent us, brought in more players, but can't settle on his team and players. Given that he started in a stronger position anyways he's struggles show he'd never have handled the United job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

niallo27 wrote: »
    Jaysus don't overreact too much. I am just saying ye should have more faith. Things aren't that bad.

You are as transparent as a glass of water, I know it and everyone else does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

GSPfan wrote: »
    It's not our best team but it's not far off. A draw would be good. A win would be amazing. A loss is expected.

You would think to hear some people it was a reserve team sent out, instead of a full team of players that could easily have been picked in those positions if the manager wanted his strongest available team out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

If Jose can pull a result out of the bag with that team, it will do wonders for our confidence for the rest of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Liverpool fans commenting on our manager prioritising a competition we can win over a competition we can't is laughable when you see what Klopp done in the FA Cup. Prioritised finishing 4th in the league over everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If Utd are to have a chance I think Lingard is going to be the key player.

In such a well structured unit like Chelsea he's the one that will find the pockets of space and commit players.

Be harsh of me to expect him to win such a big game like today from an individual point of view , but that's a good point and the way I'm looking at him lately , week by week, I'm hoping he can do things in a game like this to really step up a level.

Chelsea players dropping like flies.

Liverpool fans commenting on our manager prioritising a competition we can win over a competition we can't is laughable when you see what Klopp done in the FA Cup. Prioritised finishing 4th in the league over everything else.

I doubt anyone thinks Utd can win the league tbh.

Top 4 is surely still a possibility.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I doubt anyone thinks Utd can win the league tbh.

Winning the FA Cup was still a possibility for Klopp when he played the youth team to ensure a 4th place finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Sure it's a possibility but it's massively massively unlikely for the following reasons IMO...

- our remaining league fixtures are very difficult.
    - our propensity to be unable to kill matches off resulting in too many draws.
    - our involvement in the Europa League means additional matches/injuries/travel

I suspect you already know all of these things though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I do remember a few opposition fans last year saying Klopp made the wrong choice prioritising the EL over 4th.

Jose is now in a very similar situation and to be honest he is making the best decision choosing EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It will be interesting to see the progress made between the 0-4 result at Chelsea, and today's match. That match was a shambles so shouldn't be hard to improve on. Anything else is a bonus.

Not too concerned with the team selection as the EL is the focus. United's last games are Chelsea (H), Burnley (A), City (A), Swansea (H), Arsenal (A), Spurs (A), Southampton (A), Crystal Palace (H). United are realistically a lot further back than it looks on the table. United has made a mess of the 'easy' fixtures over the last 1-2 months, so it would be a miracle to make up the difference to top 4 on that schedule when both City and Liverpool have nice easy run ins.

I'm surprised Mourinho has (seemingly) given up on the fixture though. It cant be pleasant for him seeing Conte coax performances out of the likes of Hazard in particular and the Chelsea team in general when both had gone into significant decline last year. I'd imagine he will absolutely love getting a result today.

Looks like its a 442. I like it.

Winning the FA Cup was still a possibility for Klopp when he played the youth team to ensure a 4th place finish.

I hear ya. Early fa rounds will always see managers resting players. No complaints that day anyway, totally outplayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Why is Herrera still following Hazard around when we are in possession?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Good start

Oh I love Rashford.

Get in Rashers ye little beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

But lads, we're insulting spurs.

• Advertisement

Well that was unexpected. :)

Phenomenally weighted through ball by Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

****ing love Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Neville trying to create controversy where there is none yet again. There was about a quarter of a yard between the ball being hit and Herrera's hand.

Excellent pass and finish.

KH25 wrote: »
    But lads, we're insulting spurs.

true story mate.. we're a disgrace.. letter on its way to the FA from North London already..

Costa pushed Bailly into the post. Could've been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Makes such a difference when teams come and have a go at Old Trafford, the lads don't seem to be able to handle a packed defence. Great pace to this game

• Advertisement

I'm enjoying a forward line with pace which makes the opposition centre halves move around.

You've gotta love Rojo at the moments. He is out there trying to wind everyone up.

Great to see Costa getting some needle instead of being the one dishing it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Why is Herrera still following Hazard around when we are in possession?

Because hazard will find the space when we lose the ball. Their transitions tend to be quick

You've gotta love Rojo at the moments. He is out there trying to wind everyone up.

Edit - brain fart there!!

• Advertisement

Kante, 4 fouls and counting, no yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Costa some nasty piece of work

Rojo is gas!

Match thread is strangely very slow moving since the game kicked off.

Alot of lads must be off having the Sunday roast.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Match thread is strangely very slow moving since the game kicked off.

Alot of lads must be off having the Sunday roast.

The focus is on Thursdays game supposedly so maybe fans are waiting for that one. As for opposition fans, expect it to get busier if Chelsea score.

The focus is on Thursdays game supposedly so maybe fans are waiting for that one.

Thats true Niallo.

What a great half by us, tactics spot on.

Headshot wrote: »
    What a great half by us, tactics spot on.

Best first half of the season from us.

Everyone has been good to excellent.

Ander bossing it in MF.

Dunno will we be able to maintain that kind of pace for the full game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Great first half by Fellaini, Herrera and Rojo.

Pogba has been absolutely horse ****e so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Edit: whoops thought this was match thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great first half. Chelsea all over the shop at the back. Can't handle the pace at all.

The only real negative is that it's only one.

Lingard, Rashford and Herrera have been great and Darmian has looked the player that first turned up at Old Trafford for the,sat couple of games.

Young has been poor enough although you know he will give you defensive cover no matter how bad he's playing so that could be crucial in the second half.

Pogba has done some lovely stuff but also some stupid stuff too. Hopefully he doesn't cost us.

Oh and Costa is just utterly horrible to watch. An embarrassment to the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What's this Sky narrative that Utd have been rough on Chelsea. Getting tight most of the time. Nothing wrong with that. Some of their players fall over very easily. Chelsea have fouled as much as Utd. I'd have more of their players in the book than Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I find people applauding Rojo and abusing Costa for the antics bizarre. They're literally as bad as each other. Both a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Oh and Costa is just utterly horrible to watch. An embarrassment to the game.

He really shocked me when he returned possession to United after the drop ball mid way through the first half. I was reassured when he turned his back on the ref and refused to acknowledge him or the yellow card later.

What's this Sky narrative that Utd have been rough on Chelsea. Getting tight most of the time. Nothing wrong with that. Some of their players fall over very easily. Chelsea have fouled as much as Utd. I'd have more of their players in the book than Utd.

Souness.

He literally looks like he is about vomit.

A narrative driven by the sour lemon faced Souness? No surprise. That man has never been able to hide his disdain for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I find people applauding Rojo and abusing Costa for the antics bizarre. They're literally as bad as each other. Both a disgrace

Ah stop will ya. Costa is in a whole other league. I find myself feeling second hand embarrassment watching his antics rather than be frustrated by it at this stage.

Rojo is our disgrace though :p

I'm just very entertained by him v Costa.

get the **** in

I havent yelled this much for a long time

go wan go wan go wan

• Advertisement

The love I have for Herrera and his raw unbridled passion knows no bounds. He's quickly becoming my favourite Utd player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement