Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

beno619 wrote: »
    I think because he's Pogba he's gotten away with murder at times.

He's been the worst United performer on a few occasions this season.

Rubbish, he's had games where he didn't shine but only had one stinker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Shaw not even on the bench. Can't see him being here next August.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

C3mfnt3WQAAAq1o.jpg:large

Rough on Shaw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pretty much the exact team I'd want right now. Excited for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lukekul wrote: »
    C3mfnt3WQAAAq1o.jpg:large

Rough on Shaw

We said the same about Miki a few months ago too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nice team apart from Blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Really dont like Rashford on the wing been better lately but would prefer Martial.

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Really dont like Rashford on the wing been better lately but would prefer Martial.

I'm a huge Martial fan but would disagree. Rashford has had some fantastic performances on the wing recently. More direct that Martial at the moment and more pace.

Exciting to see two pacy players out wide.

Balance of the team looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I really think he plays better from the wing against teams that sit back a lot.. give him more space to run at them whereas if he is in the middle he gets no space with 4/5 hull players crowding him out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ferdinand should remember what he was up to as a young man.

Should remember what happens when actual unprofessional behaviour sees you getting a long ban from the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    Nice team apart from Blind.

blind is technically excellent, good crosser of the ball too. exactly what we need tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Does anyone know of a way I can watch the game tonight on an iPad, more than happy to pay a few quid if there's anywhere that has it PPV.

Usually I'd be able to get it but most of the time you need flash player to use the traditional avenues so I'm kind of snookered.

As a last resort I'd even listen to it on the radio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

rashford was excellent in his last game on the wing, thats why he gets the nod

bangkok wrote: »
    blind is technically excellent, good crosser of the ball too. exactly what we need tonight

He's a weak point in the team at LB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Delighted to see Blind start if im honest. Such a superb passer. Himself and Carrick should have plenty of opportunities to ping some tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Damn living out in the country and crap broadband.

Have to watch City instead....

Martial doesn't play well, Martial doesn't play.

It's simple, and it's a standard that has dropped from the club since Fergie left. It should be cutthroat for a starting place at United, they are the highest paid players in the world.

It should be that way, but isn't that way no matter what is happening with Martial at the moment.

Martial has been improving the last month when given the opportunities but still can't get a run of games to try to capatalise on that improvement. Jose has attempted to play other players into form, or stuck with them in the team for a few games, at other points this season. There is something else going on IMO.

Astradave reminded me in a post there about Martial's agent pulling some shít during the transfer window. I think it's because of that, or something not related to Martial's form/football, why we are seeing this at the moment.

If it was simply an ideal case of Jose being cutthroat with performances and encouraging competition for places in the team, well in that case Pogba shouldn't have played against Stoke as he was dire in the previous match against Liverpool. There's a few more games he shouldn't have played in going on that logic.

Same for Ibra, same for Rashford, same for a few others who have outright gone missing during matches or shown nowhere near their best for a run of games.

Whatever the issue is with Jose and Martial at the moment, it's not just about Martial's football. Whether it's from Martial's agent or the player himself, I reckon Jose is getting an attitude problem of some description from Martial's camp and is reacting accordingly.

It was heavily reported sometime last week that Ibra had a word with Martial to try to help him realise that Jose is the best manager for his future and that he needs to be patient, his time will come under Jose. If Ibra had that word with Martial, then clearly there was a need for it and Martial is not content.

Jose said that he didn't play Ashley Young against Hull last week because Young was undecided about staying at the club, and he was going to play someone instead who would still be at United beyond January. Completely correct and understandable decision. If Martial/his agent expressed desire for a loan to Sevilla during January, Jose could be approaching this the same way. i.e. "You wanted to leave for your own reasons, so for now I must play the players who didn't want to abandon this project".

In saying that, I'm not blaming Martial. Or Jose. Just expressing concern at the situation. If there is blame to be apportioned from what we (seem to) know - Martial's agent gets it for talking about a loan move in January. And if this came about because Martial himself is unsettled over not getting regular games, in a highly transitional season where he started off quite poorly, then he needs to adjust his attitude. Maybe take a page out of Mkhitaryan and Schweinsteiger's book 'How to Act and Conduct Yourself When Apparently in the Doghouse'.

On Mkhitaryan and Schweinsteiger - Jose used Mkhi's performance against Wigan as a reason of sorts for not playing Martial tonight "Can I drop Mkhitaryan after that performance? I can't", like it as an A or B choice in the first place. On that "undroppable" logic, I assume we'll be seeing Schweinsteiger in the starting 11 tonight? He also had a MOTM performance against Wigan, awarded by the club. (Edit: turns out we won't be seeing him, not even on the bench)

None of Mkhi, Martial or Schweini had the game of their lives against the mighty Wigan, all starting out very poor and taking some time to get comfortable in the game, but all ended up being very important to the performance and the result. Jose is just using Mkhi's MOTM as an excuse here, and that's fine. I don't need Jose to bare his thoughts on the inner workings of the club and his relationships with the players, I just need to know that he has a handle on it and that we're not going to unnecessarily lose Martial this Summer.

TL:DR It's not simple, and not just a case of Jose being cutthroat with starting places. Otherwise, the line-ups would have been different in many other matches this season. Martial must have attempted to get a loan for playing time, bad call IMO, and Jose is reacting accordingly. However, Martial got a game against Wigan the other day, so if he was blacklisted under Jose that wouldn't have happened. If he is patient, has the right attitude and takes the minutes given to him in the meantime while Jose disciplines him of sorts, this will pass and will be soon something to look back on...hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Is there a MOTD tonight ? Stuck in work.

Is there a MOTD tonight ? Stuck in work.

No. Highlights are on Sky Sports 1 at 11 if that's any good to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Blind at left back can slow the attack down when Rooney is ahead of him but its a different story with Rashford. Should be good.

• Advertisement

Won't be making ground on City tonight anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ugghh. Who got me thinking West Ham might get a draw?! #Fookwhoeverthatwas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Nalz wrote: »
    Other than Liverpool game I can't think of one

Both Pool games and you could make an argument for half a dozen other matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Don't rule out Abu Dhabi on a late title charge

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Already has the feel of a long/frustrating night ahead

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Jesus with a goal and assist in his first half hour doesn't bode well.

Hull player should be off.

Very start stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

What I'd give for a RB that can cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Shaw not even on the bench. Can't see him being here next August.

Why ? Jose has been rotating for the past 2 months.

Valencia driving me nuts already!

West Ham really have been atrocious. Bad errors for all 3 goals but speed of city's counter attacks have been top class and the errors have been exploited to maximum effect.

What is our game like in general?

West Ham really have been atrocious. Bad errors for all 3 goals but speed of city's counter attacks have been top class and the errors have been exploited to maximum effect.

Very stop start. We aren't doing much with the final ball.

• Dreadful football so far

Total control. Knocking on the door without any real chances.

Ball coming down our right unfortunately as it's ending up at the feet of Valencia.

Pogba the least involved of the three midfielders. Barely had a kick. Will probably set up the winner at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

KH25 wrote: »
    What I'd give for a RB that can cross.

Or make a simple 5 yard pass.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Dreadful football so far

Think they've been playing ok.

We're so slow and predictable in the final third. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,628 ✭✭✭✭Sand

adox wrote: »
    Total control. Knocking on the door without any real chances.

Ball coming down our right unfortunately as it's ending up at the feet of Valencia.

Pogba the least involved of the three midfielders. Barely had a kick. Will probably set up the winner at some stage.

I think Zlatans attempt was the first save the keeper has had to make in 15 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We will not win anything with Valencia in the team.

He will run all day, gets lots of the ball but has zero end product.

He is like Forest fcuking Gump.

• Advertisement

The amount of free kicks is unreal.

Did I say already that Pogbas been annonymous?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wake the feck up Rashford

Rod Munch wrote: »
    We will not win anything with Valencia in the team.

He will run all day, gets lots of the ball but has zero end product.

He is like Forest fcuking Gump.

Works hard but his end product is generally rubbish.

Chance goes a begging..

United epitaph for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Poor half all round doing very little in final thrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The blood pressure is going through the roof here

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ive liked the look of that Harry McGuire last few games, I wonder could he play right back

No way we make top 4. We may go on and win this easily but it's really bad football and it has been for a while.

• Simply not good enough
    Everybody has been poor
    Sloppy passing, too slow, predicable and **** all created
    Disgrace if we don't win this today
    And for the love of god Tony V you drive me up the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Pogba looks seriously lacking in confidence

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement